Society - Coronavirus Hangout | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Society Coronavirus Hangout

Are you vaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I would be if I had access

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just wondering if there are any in self-isolation and how everyone is coping with the virus. I’ve been washing my hands way more often and even sanitizing my purse handles when I get to work and at home. Luckily, it’s still cool enough to wear gloves but I’ve been wearing my light gloves in public so I don’t have to touch surfaces. They get washed more often. :redface

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Haven't really self-quarantined or isolated because screw that. Will do that more though given my mom's condition.

I try to use hand sanitizers more when out, but otherwise same habit as usual, since I'm a borderline germophobic. Thankful that more places have hand sanitizers or are more conscious about keeping them full enough. My coffee shop just installed one few days ago.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ever since the community quarantine, my family decided to just stay at home. Though some needed to work, they can't go if they wanted to. We have all of our needs stocked up, so the only thing we're doing right now are to wash our hands, check our temperatures and catch up on shows we haven't seen yet or put on hold.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ever since the community quarantine, my family decided to just stay at home. Though some needed to work, they can't go if they wanted to. We have all of our needs stocked up, so the only thing we're doing right now are to wash our hands, check our temperatures and catch up on shows we haven't seen yet or put on hold.
Same

I've pretty much stayed at home after my research program was suspended. Haven't gone out for fun only for supplies. Miss going to the gym 🙁 .

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The main concern is for countries like USA, this is disastrous because small businesses and poor people won't be able to make enough money to be able to pay bills and get groceries and stuff.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The main concern is for countries like USA, this is disastrous because small businesses and poor people won't be able to make enough money to be able to pay bills and get groceries and stuff.
I think that is everywhere. Here in Canada, and what I imagine what most countries are like, freelancers and hourly pay staff are hit hard. They can apply for employment insurance if later off but by the time it’s approved with money the virus would be contained :notrust The people who can work from home and have job security aren’t the working class.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think that is everywhere. Here in Canada, and what I imagine what most countries are like, freelancers and hourly pay staff are hit hard. They can apply for employment insurance if later off but by the time it’s approved with money the virus would be contained :notrust The people who can work from home and have job security aren’t the working class.
I thought they had it handled better and stuff, going by their healthcare making more sense (at least according to the Canadians).

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
..Sadly ppl dont wash their hands with soap more often. Local governments should have been cleaning public areas at least weekly before a pandemic broke out. I'm in the U.S, NYC, So Coronavirus is definitely having an affect on daily life. My Birthday is Wednesday & its gonna suck, no pub or resteraunt is open for group gatherings..

Suggestion, even if you are young and healthy. Dont get the older ppl sick, from something which they cannot cure or get over from. I'm not gonna get sick I'm 29..Mom is in her 70's or 80's...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oh lucky you, I love NYC and might go there next month.

Same with immunocompromised people as they likely can't recover.

Also today, at a store, I let an older dude go ahead before me since he only had one item. DUMB OLD FUCK LICKED HIS FINGER AND THUMB BEFORE TOUCHING THE SELF-CHECKOUT SCREEN
GODDAMMIT

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Also today, at a store, I let an older dude go ahead before me since he only had one item. DUMB OLD FUCK LICKED HIS FINGER AND THUMB BEFORE TOUCHING THE SELF-CHECKOUT SCREEN
GODDAMMIT
Ewww Self check-outs are just full of who knows what to begin with :barf Always use the cashier line. They usually disinfect their stations regularly and they wear gloves. I’ve seen elderly out and about but they really should stay inside and do grocery delivery services. It’s a shame but some aren’t taking this seriously. Italy, Spain and Iran didn’t implement social distancing and look at them. :notrust

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't know how often they disinfect as I have never seen that happen before the virus. Many didn't wear gloves either.

America's still doing the dumb thing that Italy did, despite warnings from Italy and stuff. Miami spring break is still in effect, but I hope they get stuck there and aren't allowed to come back.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan

GODDAMMIT
Bro, wait until the virus is over. Nothing is open for socializing....My Bday sucks due to that....

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Screw that, as long as there's not a lot of people around, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. The problem is that people are way too close to each other that makes the virus easy to spread.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Was supposed to be schooling in my youngest at preschool this week but since his brother had a runny nose since Saturday we have to stay home. Then I got a slightly sore throat on Tuesday so not working yesterday or today.

Basically in Sweden there's no real quarantine going on, except a plea from the government and authorities to stay home when you're even a little sick. Which means most people are isolating themselves anyway. They're deciding on a law allowing the government to close down all schools and preschools in the country today, but not sure if they'll push for that yet. If they do, I guess I'll be staying home from work until that's over since wife works in the lab at the hospital (more important profession to society during this time).

People have been dumbasses until the end, with coworkers of my wife going on vacation on Mallorca just last week and coming home the day before we closed our borders. Guess what? She's sick now with all the corona symptoms. :catshrug Lots of idiots value their money not going to waste over their and so many others' health.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Was supposed to be schooling in my youngest at preschool this week but since his brother had a runny nose since Saturday we have to stay home. Then I got a slightly sore throat on Tuesday so not working yesterday or today.

Basically in Sweden there's no real quarantine going on, except a plea from the government and authorities to stay home when you're even a little sick. Which means most people are isolating themselves anyway. They're deciding on a law allowing the government to close down all schools and preschools in the country today, but not sure if they'll push for that yet. If they do, I guess I'll be staying home from work until that's over since wife works in the lab at the hospital (more important profession to society during this time).

People have been dumbasses until the end, with coworkers of my wife going on vacation on Mallorca just last week and coming home the day before we closed our borders. Guess what? She's sick now with all the corona symptoms. :catshrug Lots of idiots value their money not going to waste over their and so many others' health.
That really sucks. All the schools here are closed. Each day they are closing something down. Last week, most businesses shifted to having people work at home and this week most offices are closed. The problem here is people coming back from all over and going to the grocery store instead of self-isolating the moment they leave the airport :notrust They aren’t even taking temperatures :notrust I hope your wife and family are safe. The government should have told people to stay abroad instead of coming home. Airports and airplanes are a huge cesspool of germs :barf
I don't know how often they disinfect as I have never seen that happen before the virus. Many didn't wear gloves either.

America's still doing the dumb thing that Italy did, despite warnings from Italy and stuff. Miami spring break is still in effect, but I hope they get stuck there and aren't allowed to come back.
They had disinfectant before the virus because after SARS we became germaphobes. Gloves are a new thing and now they are going to do glass shields. I’ve been stocking up on frozen produce because I don’t trust fresh stuff (except onions and garlic because has a peel and you cook them). We’re also a mostly cashless society and I think that is helping.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Lucky you. Many people are offended that it took coronavirus for our public transportation areas to be disinfected, but I don't think that'll last too long.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Young people can be affected badly by this virus

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yeah, out of the 63 currently in intensive care in Sweden the average age is 62 but the youngest is 26. 33% of all of of those in IC aren't part of any risk group; younger than 60, no chronic heart/lung/liver/kidney disease, no lowered immune system nor neuromuscular disease.

Not sure if "smoker" counts in this case though, but I did read that smokers is the biggest risk group, no matter what age.

But yeah, I wish people would stop saying the factually wrong "it only affects old people, it's basically a common cold if you're young". I think that's part of why the spread has been so fast, people only caring about themselves and not bothering if a LOT of old people die or get severely sick. Maybe if they realized that all happens to young people outside the risk group, they'd finally take this seriously.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, far too many (even I) think it's not as bad for us, but it apparently is way worse than a normal flu. And one person who was denied being tested for the virus died five days later in her kitchen, which is pretty fucked up

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That’s why social distancing is soooo important so it flattens the curve and doesn’t strain the system. Good news for gamers and hardcore otakus. I’m thrilled to stay at home :D