Battle Round 1 - Cross Marian vs. Hisoka Morow | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Round 1 Cross Marian vs. Hisoka Morow

Who wins?

• Cross Marian

• Hisoka Morow

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Cross Marian
D. Gray-man
Hisoka Morow
Hunter x Hunter

Last edited by a moderator:

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
But Hisokas Bungee Gum has the properties of rubber and gum! :mono

Also he took very good care of Killua and Gon :cheez

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st, best luck to @BurnSchulz and all the contenders !

"He's honestly one of the hottest anime characters I know. (Yes homo.)
His personality and mannerisms paired with that perfect long red hair and beard combo is just *chef's kiss*."

~Wise Man, Way of Husbando Chronicles, chapter 55

Rough presentation

I dont have time to say more, at least for now, but i will try to explain a little, very quickly what makes Marian a great husbando. There are, in some series some characters sometimes important or even main who fail to be convincing or end up being bland, and there are those characters who appear very little but manage to make a great impression, characters like Mihawk or Shanks in One Piece, for exemple. Marian is one of those, hewho appears very little but is so well written that he let a great impact on audience, as Wise Man said in the quote above.​
A lot of people dislike him because they only watched the anime and the way he was portrayed in the anime was not exactly how he is in the manga, the anime took the liberty of showing, enhancing maybe some little flaws to the point to make him sound as a bad guy sometimes, but he is not. Marian is a strong, nice, handsome, and knowlegeable man with a great personality. He is far from being flawless, but who cares, it is actually the other way, the more close to perfection are characters or people, the most boring they end up. He is also a very gentle and caring man, who raised Allen as if he were his own child, and he is someone who respect women, and to top off, he is hot.​
Hoshino said about him : “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”​

About his caring side :​
"For months after Mana's death, Cross fed, cleaned and nursed the unresponsive, traumatised Allen as he recovered from the excruciating pain from his cursed wound. Though his true goal is reviving the 14th Noah, it is shown that he also genuinely cares for Allen as a person.Upon revealing Allen's ultimate fate to him, Cross expresses his resentment of Nea for destroying Allen's future."
"Allen once states he is grateful of Cross as the one who showed him the way to continue living" (source : wikia)​

So who is Marian ?

To summarize, Marian Cross is a very strong (possibly the strongest exorcist in DGM or one of them), upright, caring & charismatic guy, it's not your average guy who could be easily be manipulated. And he’s a kind & pleasant man despite he tends to not show his caring side too much. What’s makes him a likeable character is not only, he’s funny, manly, protective and damn hot, but above all, i love how is he, his demeanor an the relation he built with Allen. Therefore he is definitely oe of the best husbando material i get to see in anime or manga.​

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Even if I do like Hisoka a lot, I will have to go with Marian here.

While I do agree with some points that are against Marian (he's not the perfect individual at all), he proved himself by taking care of a traumatized kid, Allen, giving him all the patience and care of the world.
Even if their relationship is of a "love-hate" based on comedy, Marian is the second person to be close of being a father figure for him. This proves that, even by having quite the flaws, he still stands as a good and caring guy.

Hisoka is a great character, but quite disturbing when it comes to being... attracted to someone.

Plus Erin's campaigns are amazing as always and honestly makes me want to reread all of D. Gray Man again. :blush

Best of luck to both nominators though!
Allen > Marian

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hisoka, a husbando? :lmao

Marian may not be perfect (except for his looks, which are) but in this case he's a hundred times more preferable to his competition.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Will Hisoka kill you if you're married to him ? Probably. But if you're a simp like me that isn't a problem at all. His actual husband, Illumi may not take kindy to being replaced but on the other hand, neither would Bulma and Vegeta won last time so not a negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.