Battle Round 3 - Cross Marian vs. Tanjirou Kamado | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Round 3 Cross Marian vs. Tanjirou Kamado

Who wins?

• Cross Marian

• Tanjirou Kamado

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Cross Marian
D. Gray-man
Tanjirou Kamado
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Last edited by a moderator:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st, Great thanks to everyone who supported Marian, :zomg Please keep supporting him, onegai !

Congrats to have made it, and best luck @Tatsumaki

So, I ve been nominating Marian for years, he is a side character that appears very little, I have trouble campaining something new, since the rythm of the seiralization is quarterly, very little happened over last years, i dont have new material to provide, i have already said everything i could say in previous campaigns over last years. I can work on presentations, do new collages or videos, but the content i will provide you is very smilar to what i have already done in previous wars, i probably will just readjust some things. For this round, i am sorry in advance and i hope neither my opponent nor the readers will take this as a sign of disrespect, i will just re post exactly one of the text i have posted a couple of years ago, i hope noone will take this badly, it is still my work, and i did commit a lot into it, it s just that i lack of inspiration.​
Also i hope people will take the time to read the camapaigns, i know i am against a popular character from one of the most hyped series, so please dont just click without reading, and of course that does apply too, for my opponent's campaign, take the time to read both sides before judging. Thxs !

A caring man

For some reasons i won’t spoil (too long and unnecessary for the camapign), Marian had to take Allen (who was abused) from a circus where he was working to the place where he was staying (a kind of house/orphanage). And despite he never get to take care of a child, he started to get attached to him, and he took care about him as a father would do with his own child. He was also the one who gave him a name. He used to washing his sheet, preparing meals, and staying at his side whenever he needed and create a father-son bond with him. Thats an important trait husbando quality wise.​
not only he provides parental duties, but he gave to the child who never get to be loved some affection. But even Allen presence was something Marian needed, and changed him somehow, Mother (the lady working in the place) said about Marian: despite seeing him off countless times, in the past before, the memory of that man’s radiance, in the sun that day, remains with me even now” !​

Marian Cross bringing Allen

Marian Cross‘s "radiance" (Mother's words)

He even gave Timcampy to Allen, at 1st to help him to sleep, then when Allen left for the Black Order, to give him a companion and a guide, as Tim was created by Marian, it was a way for him to keep “in touch” with him.​

Some manga pages to illustrate how Marian was a caring figure :

Cross giving the name walker to Allen

Cross feeding allen and washing the sheets

From DGM fanbook (cant tell which one, apologies).

To summarize

Thats what was Marian to Allen and how much he care about him, and a man who can cares that much of a child with a tragic past which is not even his, will do at least that much, if not more for his waifu. not only he is caring, funny and kindhearted, but hes among the strongest exorcist, and one of the most knowledgeable man of the story, and therefore he is qualified as a great husbando, not to mention that hes also such an handsome guy, the hottest of the manga, in my opinion.​

Carmella

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I've only ever watched D.Gray Man and not Kimetsu (yes, shocking, finally meeting someone who has never watched Kimetsu..?!).

Despite this, my vote goes to Tanjirou.

Tbh I've never liked Cross Marian. He's a really shitty parent who is never there for him and poor Allen has to keep struggling all the time. If I remember vaguely, Allen also has to keep up with paying back for some kind of financial debts incurred by his adoptive father?? Tsk tsk.

I don't know much about Tanjirou, but from what I've heard or seen so far, he seems like a kind and gentle person who really loves and cares for his family.

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know much about Tanjirou, but from what I've heard or seen so far, he seems like a kind and gentle person who really loves and cares for his family.
He absolutely is ! He's an example of humanity (kindness, care and empathy).
Thanks for your support ! :chu
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

First of all, I don't know how to make beautiful animations & collages, so please don't discriminate me on that (because that's not nice :()

Who is Tanjirou ?
What makes Tanjirou a great husband ? Part 1

What makes Tanjiro a great husband ? Part 2

Tanjirou is a gentleman.

^lots of people would have used the opportunity to stare. Not him.
He won't go and stare at other people's assets. You're the only one he will look at.

He is a righteous person. This one is difficult to explain whitout MAJOR spoilers but let's say that at a critical moment, when darkness was trying to swallow him whole, he didn't let himself get swayed by evil.

He can cook ! (Which is a very good thing if you're like me who hate cooking)

He's can be clueless sometimes but pays so much attention to other people that he'll want to please even people who don't like him (but that just confirms how kindhearted he is)

Tanjirou is brave. That's kinda obvious since he's a demon slayer and decided to take down the ''demon king'' himself. But that is still noteworthy. Carrying the weight of your sister life on your shoulders at only 13 is not something just anyone will have the guts to do. Even more if it includes fighting demons.
There are many moments where Tanjirou shows how courageous he is. One of the moments that amazed me the most was in the mugen train arc when he killed himself in his dream. Because bitch. Dream or not I could never. Have some survival instinct damn it.

Following up with my previous argument of course, is that he's strong.

And I'm not just talking about physical strenght but mental too. Most people would have given up in his place, overwhelmed by the sadness of losing loved ones, the fear of those scary creatures called demons, + the sacrifices and work becoming a demon slayer demands. And no one can blame them because self preservation is a human thing.
But Tanjirou would never, he is too selfless and hardworking.

He also has so MUCH empathy. And THIS is a trait I love and respect a lot.
(^This also shows he will always stand by his principles)
Because it's easy to hate and resent. It's harder to put yourself in the other person's shoes. Even more so when their wrong doings affected you directly.

He is also funny and energetic, (That's a subjective take of course) and with the loveable idiots he calls his friends in the area you'll never get bored.
Here's a short video of funny moments

This one's longer but I loved it

"I am once again asking you"
Vote for Tanjirou

See you next round for more ? :cheerbunny

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Tanjirou is my favorite this year so of course if the two competitors have good campaigns I'll choose him! :blush

Status
Not open for further replies.