Canon - Current Zoro vs 1010 Luffy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Canon Current Zoro vs 1010 Luffy

Who wins ?

• Total voters

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Who wins this ?

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
G4 Luffy is still too overwhelming for Zoro. LUFFY HIGH DIFF

Luffy at 1010 had newly awakened ACoC, already mastered Ryou, already mastered Futuresight + Gear.

Zoro has nothing that comes even close to 1010 Luffy even in current form(besides attack power which is > 1010 Luffy), ON TOP of the fact that Enma would drain Zoro of his haki very quickly into a battle that could take 30+minutes to finish.

Luffy stalls with future sight, Zoro's haki drains and its game. Zoro is not fast enough to hit Luffy with any of the finishers he has.

There is no avenue for a Zoro victory here unless we handicap Luffy.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
1010 is where exactly in the story?

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Very close battle IMO.

I think current Zoro's attack power is at low end of Yonko tier, considering Zoro's attacks with just advanced armament was damaging Kaido decently. While Luffy's wasn't quite there in 1010, he got there in the next time at ~ 1026 (and got to solid Yonko level attack power after G5).

When it comes to CQC/combat-speed, Luffy (G4) > Zoro > Luffy (no G4)
G4 Luffy has great speed, but we saw Zoro perceptive to defend against and counter-attack King (offense mode), who was so fast that he "disappeared" from Zoro's eyes. So, it won't be like G4 Luffy will blitz the shit out of Zoro, even though he does have an advantage for sure

When it comes to durability, I'd say they are around same level.

So, when it comes to overall stats, IMO they are quite close.
I'll just go for Zoro extreme diff due to more lethal attacks, but it's arguably a tossup really.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lethality account for little when you are up against someone with Future Sight. You need to at least be faster than Luffy to tag him in a serious 1v1.

In this case you could potentially make the argument their speeds are equal but Snakeman is many times faster than Zoro.

FS+Snakeman+Advanced CoC is just too deadly a combo.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Lethality account for little when you are up against someone with Future Sight. You need to at least be faster than Luffy to tag him in a serious 1v1.

In this case you could potentially make the argument their speeds are equal but Snakeman is many times faster than Zoro.

FS+Snakeman+Advanced CoC is just too deadly a combo.
I did take future sight into account as well.

IMO there is a difference in how potent future sight can be, depending on your DF.

Katakuri is basically logia, and tweaks his body as he pleases. This is the maximum usage of future sight. When it comes to Katakuri, yes, if you don't have future sight the only way is to have aoe attacks or be much faster than Katakuri

Kaido's dragon form has snake body, which though not completely tweakable like Katakuri's, is freely flexible like a free rope. I think it is precisely for this reason, that Oda chose to have Kaido use his future sight along with dragon form, even though he is otherwise basically a bigger target.

Luffy's body is flexible as well, but it's more of a stretch/expand type flexibility (except for his arms in snakeman mode, which can somehow go zigzag as well).
This is why Luffy uses future sight, and then just dodges attacks conventionally (in contrast, Katakuri needs minimal movement by tweaking his body. And Kaido in dragon form can just wiggle the parts of his body to adjust)

This is how I see it. Assume a physical fighter has same combat speed as these guys, apart from future sight. This means:
- against Katakuri, he misses probably 100 out of 100 attacks.
- against Kaido, he might land 3-5 out of 100 attacks
- against Luffy, he might land 10-15 out of 100 attacks

Now, that being said. Future sight undoubtedly helps immensely against regular physical attacks. But, Zoro also has "aoe" attacks such as dragon twister, future sight won't be of much help there, because where are you going to dodge when in a twister of a countless concentrated cuts?

And lastly, about Luffy outlasting Zoro.
Yes, Zoro's advanced conqueror's haki mode has a time limit. But, so does Luffy's G4. G4 will be used as kinda a last resort for Luffy, because after 15 mins of G4, Luffy is haki-less IIRC (or did this change recently? I don't remember)
I don't think Zoro will have too much trouble landing hits on Luffy (w/o G4), even with future sight.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Zoro will have too much trouble landing hits on Luffy (w/o G4), even with future sight.
I honestly find this baseless. Zoro doesn't have a single feat to point to this. Even base Luffy is faster than Zoro. Luffy doesn't need gears to keep up
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

King was Zoro's fastest opponent and Luffy is faster than King.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If Luffy had no problem deflecting wind slashes from Kaido's Dragon Twister, Zoro's big slashes arent doing much

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think Luffy would have issues against Zoro if he is using G4. He outclasses Zoro in every category I can think of. But Zoro is bound to hit Luffy at least once if he is not using it IMO. Not because Luffy can't dodge but because he can focus on counter attacks.

It's also unrealistic to expect Luffy to be super focused all the time.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Luffy would have issues against Zoro if he is using G4. He outclasses Zoro in every category I can think of. But Zoro is bound to hit Luffy at least once if he is not using it IMO. Not because Luffy can't dodge but because he can focus on counter attacks.

It's also unrealistic to expect Luffy to be super focused all the time.
Fair point. When I counter points with Future Sight I don't mean to say Zoro can't hit Luffy at ALL only that the big move, the ones with build up and the ones that matter (Zoro's Finishers) are a solid dodge by Luffy.

Zoro isn't landing a finisher on Luffy, not before Luffy either outlasts him or uses King Cobra or King Kong Gun.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I honestly find this baseless. Zoro doesn't have a single feat to point to this. Even base Luffy is faster than Zoro. Luffy doesn't need gears to keep up
How is base Luffy faster than Zoro?
I'm talking of combat speed here, Zoro has been shown to have very high combat speed.

I mean, if you really believe this, then G4 Luffy would simply low diff Zoro. Cause we saw what happened to Doflamingo, who was faster than base Luffy and G2 Luffy, when he pulled out G4

King was Zoro's fastest opponent and Luffy is faster than King.
In CQC/combat speed? Sure.

In pure speed? I doubt it.
I don't think there are many people who are so fast that they outright disappear from Zoro's eyes. Point was to show Zoro is capable of dealing with the high pure speed that comes with G4 Luffy.

If Luffy had no problem deflecting wind slashes from Kaido's Dragon Twister, Zoro's big slashes arent doing much
There is a difference between deflecting a couple of slashes that come out of Kaido, versus dealing with countless slashes in a dragon twister.

Luffy can definitely tank them using his armament or advanced conqueror's, but this isn't something he can dodge or deflect off.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Base Luffy was keeping up with Hybrid Kaido easily with both attack and pure speed.

The latest anime episode (while the filler parts are not canon) does a great job of really showing how fast base Luffy is. It's almost enough to make you consider this being more a mid-high diff fight.