Movies - Death Note (2017) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies Death Note (2017)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Title: Death Note
Director: Adam Wingard
Actors
Release Date: 25 August 2017 (USA)
Synopsis:

Light Turner, a bright student, stumbles across a mystical notebook that has the power to kill any person whose name he writes in it. Light decides to launch a secret crusade to rid the streets of criminals. Soon, the student-turned-vigilante finds himself pursued by a famous detective known only by the alias L.

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I have not watched it yet, but I know for fact that people hate how L is portrayed in the public and all. This isint a spoiler cause you see it in the trailer when hes all ninja with the mask talking to people. But L dosent do that, he talks through a laptop from a hotel that he changes daily. Theres a lotta flak on it not being original to the characters in Deathnote and all, and I won't knock them for going American. Overall, I think I'm going to like the manga/anime better, but people have to remember that movies are not always true towards books and such. They add shitload of extra stuff and cut other things,

Just saying, thats my two cents so far.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
15 minutes in and I'm cringing so hard. Not sure if I can finish this. Hopefully it gets better.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Very bad adaptation.

Why do all Live action have to be bad.

They ruined such a great Anime.

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be honest, you can't adapt "Death Note" into one film, it's impossible. Even in Japan, they did two films to cover a decent adaptation from the manga. I'm really surprised Netflix didn't make this into a 13 episode season. That would've worked out a lot better than this. :imslow