Feedback - Dedicated moderator for Claymore sub-forum | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback Dedicated moderator for Claymore sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goral

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I would like to request that a moderator dedicated to Claymore sub-forum would be assigned. Normally chapter 124 thread should be opened by now but none of the 3 moderators of this sub-forum (Hamy, ibra87 and Drmke) noticed that new chapter came out so I had to PM them. Not to mention that without someone interested in a series they're moderators of (like Uriel is interested in HxH for example) sub-forum slowly dies and people go to other places. If there aren't any Claymore fans among the MH staff maybe Super Angillis or Jammin could become moderators? I'm mentioning them because they seem reasonable and are active in the sub-forum. Also Ryus would be a viable candidate IMO, assuming he would be willing to spend more time here than on AS.

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
We're looking over potential moderators right now and will be sure to take a long look at those you have mentioned. We will certainly have a new moderator soon.

Hamy, ibra, and drmke moderate the main board of the shounen section. I am not sure whether any read Claymore or not. When someone is moderated for a parent forum vB automatically extends permission for all sub-forums, that is why their names are listed. While there is no mod please feel free to PM one of them if the chapter discussion thread needs to be opened, should one be online. If none are online be sure to contact a global or admin instead.

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
There will be many users coming from Animesuki here since Claymore thread has been basically closed down. So a moderator would be most appreciated. BTW, can we create an imagethread there or is it reserved for the biggest shounens only?

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
An imagethread?

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Image thread. Claymore has tons of fanarts (here's an example). I know that Image threads can be created but whole subforum would be better ;P. One thread for most recent work (which Ryus has created), other threads for specific characters. We also already have thread for covers.

Shamy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree!
I do not read manga much, but at least I'm following Claymore, Hunter X, and One Piece, (coz I just scan, collect raw, Edited Mangas and my real life is very busy for reading manga). But I hope mangahelpers communication will be more stronger and more fun for people. In addition, will much more good quality translation release for people.

Vote for Claymore-new mod!

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Indeed, we just need more moderators, especially those who are interested in the series.

I'd personally nominate Goral, as he's genuinely interested in Claymore and wants things done.

Valentinefriedman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Please give us a moderator! Onegai shimasu! :3

SpeedyIX

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What happened to the ,mod we had? (HK?)

At any rate, it would be great to have an active mod available.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Would most definitely recommend Jammin for moderator consideration, absolutely agreed.
Never saw bad posts from him, he's very organized & structured, polite & calm, and most importantly, he seems to get along with people and people likes him.
If he reads Claymore? Even better :)

/end of recommendation

Hoping Claymore forum gets a mod soon, it's certainly an interesting manga, that deserves more intention, imo :)

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Image thread. Claymore has tons of fanarts (here's an example). I know that Image threads can be created but whole subforum would be better ;P. One thread for most recent work (which Ryus has created), other threads for specific characters. We also already have thread for covers.
Well you can definitely create more threads, though I recommend this section for character specific threads or for compiling more art oriented material(colorings, line-art, fanart, etc...)...threads that include stuff that are for fun and fun discussions are allowed(like the Image thread), so feel free to create them...

About allocating an entire section to it...well, activity needs to justify a separate section, so let's wait with that.

Last edited:

Alisia

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Claymore sub-forum need a new moderator. This is the true. Goral or SuperAngillis is the most "active" users in the section.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like SuperAngilis, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen him being nearly as active there as some of you seem to think. I haven't been too active the last month, but before that, Goral, HK, and I were probably the most active posters, which is why I nominated Goral.

SuperAngilis does more reviews for us...

It would be worthwhile to have a lot more mods overall, but for the Claymore mod, an active poster is preferable to someone else who, while also deserving of being a moderator, isn't that into Claymore.

MalakTawus

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I fully support Gooral's suggestion,a moderator will surely improve Claymore sub-forum, i don't care who it is as long as it's someone that knows what he/she is doing and is capable of being REALLY impartial.

Even the image thread would be really great for us Claymore lovers :)

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Fermat is also a very good candidate. Firstly he's intelligent, logical and rational (just look at the quality of his posts here and if that's not enough @Animesuki - he has the same nick there) and that is the primary trait a moderator should have (hence HK wasn't the best moderator possible). Secondly, he loves Claymore and thirdly he's not a fanboy of any character which would make him more objective if some heated discussion would arise. Last but not least, he's a nice guy and from what I've seen, on MH you have to be nice or you get warnings ;P.

Anyway, it would be nice if a decision was made, it's been over a month since Claymore forum had a dedicated moderator and I see no good news on the horizon.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It would be wonderful to have a moderator, preferably two, now that we have such an influx of members from AS.

We would like to think you for your time and effort in choosing us a moderator.

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
If you have problem deciding you could assign temporary moderators, let each of them moderate for a month or two and see who does the best job. The way I see it Claymore moderator should:

1) Love Claymore
2) Have quite a lot of free time
3) Be logical/rational and not spout nonsense (don't want to throw names but I think you know whom I mean)
4) Be nice and cool headed

Plus optionally:
Be an active member of MH for quite a while with at least 10 non-spam/one liner posts (the number is rather irrelevant, what matters really is the quality of the posts which can be said after reading even one of them, hence Fermat IMO is a good candidate)

And I second FrostyMouse's idea about assigning two moderators, preferably from two totally different time zones (at least 6 hours of time difference). BTW, FrostyMouse is also a good candidate for a moderator IMO.

Anyway, if you haven't already you should contact some candidates and ask if they would even be willing to do this job because knowing people, most won't have the time and that would pretty much instantly disqualify them making your choice easier.

P.S.
I wouldn't mind if one of the moderators would be female but there aren't that many active female members in a Claymore thread (littleangel, Alisia, Ulquihorror, Nefnora, Natli come to my mind).

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Goral's temporary moderator idea could definitely work. It's not like any harm can be done to any forums outside of the Claymore forum as they'd only be Claymore-specific mods, not global mods or anything. I'm not sure that you really want to assign mods on a temporary basis, but we need a mod, regardless of their status.

It's fine to only have one mod if you only have a few members, such as SPoT or Fairy Tale, but Claymore has a massive influx of members now, so for the above reasons, it would probably be preferable to have two. I second Goral's idea on having them from two different timezones so that we'd cover more members.

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Fermat is also a very good candidate. Firstly he's intelligent, logical and rational (just look at the quality of his posts here and if that's not enough @Animesuki - he has the same nick there) and that is the primary trait a moderator should have (hence HK wasn't the best moderator possible). Secondly, he loves Claymore and thirdly he's not a fanboy of any character which would make him more objective if some heated discussion would arise. Last but not least, he's a nice guy and from what I've seen, on MH you have to be nice or you get warnings ;P.
If you have problem deciding you could assign temporary moderators, let each of them moderate for a month or two and see who does the best job. The way I see it Claymore moderator should:

1) Love Claymore
2) Have quite a lot of free time
3) Be logical/rational and not spout nonsense (don't want to throw names but I think you know whom I mean)
4) Be nice and cool headed
From guess who on another site, weeks ago. Personal grudges much?
I had to moderate Goral, as he had some rude posts towards other members on this site I was modding at for 2 years until I got fired, so he's got a bit of a grudge against me anyways
I like HK, even though he's not cool headed, but if someone objects that a mod, well, moderated their posts sometimes, instead of the reason why, then they'll never be happy with anyone else's staff decisions. Its stupid to bash on someone who isn't here anymore and HK does know his stuff, more than anyone else, its just that a lot of its speculative, so obviously 'your mileage may vary'. If you disagree, so what? Goral, the things he's said are actually tame compared to the ideas floating around about, say, Mai-HiME/Otome or certain GAINAX anime, you know.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This thread has gotten woefully offtopic. We're not ignorant of there being no Local Mod in Claymore currently, let us take care of that.

Topic Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.