Discussion - Deku's role as nº1 will be different from AM's | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Deku's role as nº1 will be different from AM's

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A bit inspired by my reaction to the 'Is Deku Boring?' thread, I decided to make this thread about Deku's ultimate role in the hero world.

That's actually really simple in my mind: Deku's the one who will inspire everyone; not the population as AM's smile -- and, as we saw recently, Mirio's presence -- but the heroes around him. That's all we see at UA, Deku inspiring his classmates to do better.

So, in a world without the nº1 hero, without the symbol of peace, AM successor's role will be to re-ignite a whole new gen of heroes to achive the peace of earlier days. He won't ever be as charming and funny as AM (as discussed briefly in the thread I mentioned) and he won't need to be. His is the role of unity.

(dind't use a prefix because I had no idea what would be the better one, sorry)

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Makes sense, in my opinion, Deku was showcased time and time again to be abusing OFA, I think he will never reach AM level, in fact, I already believe that the only way he will be able to beat the AFO quirk in the future will be by OFA transfer to overwritte the AFO quirk DNA, that said with the whole Sir thing exposing AM´s flaws about becoming the symbol of Peace and make the society over dependant on him, Deku will most likely learn from his experience in his internship with Sir, that the Symbol of Peace path is too much so he will end up developping beyond it, I expect that at the end of this series Deku might not even have OFA anymore or have pushed his body so far off the brink that it can no longer use it properly and will be impossible to keep on transferring it, because the OFa ancestors lifeforce, along with AM´s will be beyond any potential target to master, since it raises too much power with few lifeforce because the quirk itself keeps evolving, at a huge rate, I also expect AFO´s quirk to become less of a threat if transfered to anyone else as well, if there´s no maintenance of the knowledge in using the quirks like AFO had is kept intact, since that alone will be a huge nerf.

It would also be interesting if by the end Bakugou ended up as nr. 1 and OFA and AFO quirks were erased from existence.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like Deku alot but Bakugo being No.1 Hero would be too perfect. I would rather have Deku being able to surpass All Might in his mastery of OFA and Bakugo become No 1 status.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Frankly, I don't believe that it's possible to surpass All Might as a Symbol of Peace, he was too overwhelming, and I think that both Bakugou and Todoroki will be N.1 at least once, there is the recently introduced Mirio who is just like him too. There are hints that putting everything on All Might was not a good thing ever since he left. Clearly the society won't be the same as during All Might's era.

And from what we know so far, I'd say that the title of N.1 is kinda vague without All Might. As I said, the guy was overwhelming, he appeared when AFO was reigning, in the darkest times and did an incredible job. He is loved for his strength and charisma, that's why he was N.1. And how do you decide who is N.1? Thanks to a poll, of course achievements matter, but it's decided through polls(it's always written in the volumes that he is proud of his popularity which never fades). The Top Heroes in the polls are not necessarily the strongest(we do know that Endeavor is second to all Might though). It would work in a martial arts series with tournaments and stuff, but being a Hero is much more than that. We don't know the mysteries about the N.3, but if Best Jeanist wasn't injured like that, he would have probably been voted N.1 instead of Endeavor, which must be why Horikoshi didn't allow him to recover(Recovery Girl should be able to heal his wounds, and although rare I doubt he himself doesn't know other Heroes with healing Quirks).

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with Demonspeed.

Personally, I think the ranking system will be dissolved with Deku's generation. Not only are we going to get a crap ton of incredible heroes in this next generation, but the ranking system just doesn't seem necessary anymore. Nevermind the fact that I have a personal theory that One for All will literally become One for All and Deku will share his power with his classmates at some point near the end of the series.

Arata

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why is there suddenly more topics lately :imslow Not that it's a bad thing though.
Anyway, I think in the next generation, there would be more hero teams. It's been foreshadowed since the license exam that the government wants to look for a team to replace the symbol of peace position.
Or maybe the whole ranking is replaced by a tiering system. Like in OPM or FT, which makes much more sense tbh.