Games - Demon Souls / Dark Souls I / II, prepared to die ? | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Demon Souls / Dark Souls I / II, prepared to die ?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Drake sword is kinda a noob trap? I mean it's a good early sword, I guess, but you better stick to other weapons (something like Zweihander or Great Scythe) since there are better weapons which doesn't need Twinkling Titanite to upgrade.
No idea, I've read people recommending it but I always use my Black Knight Sword (I DON'T CARE IF IT NEEDS TWINKLING TITANITE :arf ).

I also followed the guide I mentioned and got Quelaag's Furysword (which was my main except against Demons).

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
*everything flies over his head* I currently have beaten the Gaping dragon, and am trying to figure out where to go from there. I already got the Drake sword (on completely accident, i was just bored and firing arrows at it's tail and got it haha)

I'm thinking about going up and popping the dragon on the bridge, i think i can do it with my current gear set semi easily.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
You usually ¨want¨ to go to Blighttown with the key that the dragon drops (between ¨ cause people hate that place :p ).

The entrance is just before the place where you fight the Gaping Dragon.

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I'd recommend entering Blightown through New Londo Ruins and Drake Valley... but first go back to the Undead Asylum and get the Rusted Iron Ring... otherwise the bottom of Blightown will be a massive pain in the butt.

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
!! I went back to the prison... not a good experience. The floor broke and the the boss there one shot me. I have no clue how to operate from there. Do i just fight it? Or is it ment for me to deal with later in life?

And has anyone tried any mods with the game? I hear there are a few mods that make the game more... interesting, but i wouldn't know a thing about modding games like this haha, the most experience i have is Skyrim.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
That boss is not so hard tbh. Stay as close as you can from him, go for his ass. If he is about to do an aoe attack (depending on which one he uses) either fall back or just block... and that's pretty much it, it's not a hard fight at all imo.

If you feel you are a bit underleveled, you can farm using this method:

Last edited by a moderator:

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks! Hopefully i transition into dark souls 2 effortlessly. Once I'm done with this that is. Stoked about 3.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
No idea, I've read people recommending it but I always use my Black Knight Sword (I DON'T CARE IF IT NEEDS TWINKLING TITANITE :arf ).

I also followed the guide I mentioned and got Quelaag's Furysword (which was my main except against Demons).
Not saying that it's a bad sword, but Dark Souls beginners tend to hold to that sword for a very long time, despite the existence of better weapons and other weapons which are suitable for your build.

Thanks! Hopefully i transition into dark souls 2 effortlessly. Once I'm done with this that is. Stoked about 3.
Dark Souls 2 is relatively easier and less confusing than the first one, but the problem that I have with it is that the level design is too linear for my taste, and the NPCs are just sucks.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Not sure if anyone else playing the Bloodborne's Old Hunter DLC, but w/e...

Man the DLC is so difficult.. I appreciate more cool-looking weapons and items but it took me at least 15 tries to defeat the first boss.. thankfully the other ones aren't as difficult tho.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dark Souls III will be coming to NA and Europe on April 12. Europe will have three special editions to choose from: Apocalypse, Collector's, and Prestige.

Last edited by a moderator:

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dark souls 3 comes out next year!!!!

First souls game (non remake) of the new generation of platforms

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dark Soul III Opening Cinematic is now online:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Some information about the classes and whatnot

--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Miyazaki revealed future plans for Dark Souls in an interview.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So no one talks about DKS 3? I think it's a much better than DKS 2 in terms of the connectivity of each maps and bosses, but honestly I wish the world as a whole is as complicated as the first game. DS3 also feels very fanservice-y to me, considering that From provides many blatant references to the first game but only a smattering amount of DKS 2 story being put into the game.

Overall it's a great game, and I had a ton of enjoyment playing it. I cannot wait for the DLC to drop anytime soon.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
The last DLC, "The Ringed City", will be out on March 28th.

DLC Summary said:
At the close of the Age of Fire, as the world ends and all lands converge upon themselves, a lone adventurer descends into the madness of the earth and uncovers the secrets of the past. As players make their way to the fabled Ringed City they will encounter ancient beasts, a new cast of characters teetering on the edge of insanity, new armor, weapons, magic, and at the bottom of it all, a long lost city filled with new horrors for players to overcome.
Namco Bandai will also release Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition, which will include the game as well as the two DLC expansions, on April 21st.