Original Work - Destiny Rises Book 1: The Glacial Citadel (Incomplete) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Original Work Destiny Rises Book 1: The Glacial Citadel (Incomplete)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

“Why? Why have we come all this way? Have I been a mere device in the epitome of downfalls?” Auron glares with eyes simmering with something other than fire…. He hates the man before him. “I have only ever led you along the right path for our world. If you must die, then so be it…”

Ancient history ascends from the deep….

The land of Tremora has forever been under the rule of the magical waters of the Cascade, mightiest of the Elemental peoples. For hundreds of years the nations of the Wing, Stone, and Flame have paid tribute to their superpower of a neighbor

The Glacial Citadel

Prologue:

In the days before that infinite ceiling was dropped on our heads,

In the days when we lived above ground and led great Kingdoms and Empires,

In the days when we were free….

Our people had a name, the people of the Flame. A strange name don’t you think? I bet you can only picture us as “The people”. But no. There were and still are others above…

We lived in balanced harmony with three other races; The Cascade, The Quake and the Wing. Together we made the magical Elementals. The world would fester and die if we weren’t in balance. But we weren’t going to be perfect forever. There was a man named Diodes, King of the Cascade, who believed that we of the Flame were going to shatter the balance we struggled to uphold.

We and the Quake, our oldest friends, countered this with a rash declaration of war, saying that the Cascade would be the true evil. To this day I don’t know why we did what we did. But alas, we fought amongst the Wing and the Cascade, eventually capturing their frontier base on the seaside, Borhemor. All signs pointed to our victory.

But at the siege of Altaria, the underwater capital of the Cascade, as our king, Jornard the 5th, was placing his blade at Diodes neck, Dark magic was released. Black water drowned the entirety of the Fire Nation’s armies, and reduced the Earthen Quakes to rubble. Jornard was executed in an enchanted ritual atop the Altaria, and as his lifeblood drained from his body, a curse was laid upon the nations of Fire and Earth…

To this day we know nothing more. Why are we here? With this endless cavern? I hope you can tell me that, my son.

Furumos Rivkas

Chapter 1

“Get moving boy!”

His eyes slowly open, grit and dust obscuring his vision. That was the problem though wasn’t it? The dust. Endless waves of dust from that ceiling which could not be seen. “Are you planning on standing there all day? If you are then I have a few words for you...” He raises his hand apologetically. “Sorry Vermont. Just catching my breath”. Vermont gives a soft growl. “That’s Sir to you, little boy”. The boy laughs. “I was of the opinion that I was Sir to you”. Vermont sneers and raps him painfully on the crown of his head. “As if the fact that your father calls you a prince means shit to any of us. Now pick up that sword and start swinging”.

As the boy stoops to retrieve the oak practice sword, Vermont swings his own sword in a low, fast blow, sending him onto his back. “Never casually judge anyone’s nature. If I had real ill intentions for you, I’d have beheaded you by now”. Grimacing in pain, he picks himself up from the ground. “Sorry Sir…” “Hmph. I don’t even see the point of your father paying for these lessons… You’re hopeless”. Just as the old Swords master was preparing to knock the child on his head for his carelessness, a call sounded throughout the cavern. “Auron! Auron come here!” The boy bows in Vermont’s direction. “I must leave. Thank you Sir.” Auron runs off in the direction of his father’s voice, Vermont’s eyes following him as he exited. Seeing that the boy Auron had gone, he pulls out a pipe and lights it, exhaling the smoky discharge. “That boy…. I feel... Nothing in him. Perhaps he truly is hopeless?”