Theory - Devil Force is Coming | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Devil Force is Coming

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This arc is all about END. Gray wants to defeat END. Gray is going to need a new power. What will that power be? Devil Force. Similar to Dragon Force, Gray will use this power to take down END. Or fight him.

What do you guys think?
Discuss in the comments below.

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
To me, although the concept seems cool, the idea of there being an Devil Force is kind of off-putting. Mainly because it kind of seems too generic for this series and because I feel as though it would also encourage something like God Force.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I doubt Gray didn't learn DES From a Real Demon So He can't get Demon Force.Respective Slayer "Force" Can Only be Achieved if They Learn From Their Respective Slayer Type like 1ST Gen Dragon Slayers From Dragons.

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
To me, although the concept seems cool, the idea of there being an Devil Force is kind of off-putting. Mainly because it kind of seems too generic for this series and because I feel as though it would also encourage something like God Force.
The fact of God Force happening is really out of the picture. First Sherria lost her magic. Zancrow is dead and nobody really cares about Orga. Demon Force is something i can really see.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I doubt Gray didn't learn DES From a Real Demon So He can't get Demon Force.Respective Slayer "Force" Can Only be Achieved if They Learn From Their Respective Slayer Type like 1ST Gen Dragon Slayers From Dragons.
Gray learned it from Silver who was revived as a demon so this would count as, well. A 1st generation Devil Slayer

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
The fact of God Force happening is really out of the picture. First Sherria lost her magic. Zancrow is dead and nobody really cares about Orga. Demon Force is something i can really see.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gray learned it from Silver who was revived as a demon so this would count as, well. A 1st generation Devil Slayer
Silver was not a Real Demon Remember.He identified himself neither a Demon nor a Human.He identifed himself as a "Corpse".Source Episode 394.Moreover Silver didn't Learn it from a Real Demon.He may have learnt it from a Book.There may be Demon Force but I Told You What I Felt.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Personally I don't think devil force will be a thing. Although even if there is I think there will be two things to consider here:

1.- END is a fire demon. Considering natsu's power it is well likely that END is a dragon slayer as well (hence why acknologia is wary of END). A dragon slayer curse if you will.
2.- END will likely end up being something that separates from the real natsu. So on top of having a fire dragon slaying curse he will have a dragon force too.

It wouldn't be weird that grey with demon slaying magic couldn't deal with END if he is a demon with a dragon slaying curse with access to dragon force.

Also worth noting, even if devil force is a thing it won't necessarily be particularly powerful. Dragon force is the power of dragons. So demon force would mirror that and be the power of demons. However demons haven't yet shown to be stronger than regular humans, at least not by a huge margin. MIra has taken over a number of them and mard geer seems comparable to gildarts at the most (IMO). God force would be more interesting because there is still potential for gods to be potentially as strong as dragons (defeating dimaria took the full potential of shelia, which could easily be ridiculous power in itself, and god slayer magic).

Now, I don't believe any slayer type magic is inherently weaker than the other (it's humans imitation the power of other creatures so it ultimate depends on the power of the human in question) however if "force" is the power of a creature itself then it should only be as strong as that creature.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think Gray's demon form is Devil Force already. That form he had when he half demonized against Mard, and the one he has now. Dragon Force is the power of a dragon, and Dragon Slayers dragonize when they use Dragon Force. It would only be fitting if Demon Slayers did the same.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If there is a Devil Force I don't think it will be like Dragon Force because of the differences between Demon and Dragon. I'm guessing DeF will be hax just like a lot of curses were, but it won't give the huge physical boost that DF does.