Discussion - DGM ch107 Review by ttx | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion DGM ch107 Review by ttx

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Yay we got the review subforum :D
much <3 to GoldKnight for that :) sorry for all the trouble i cause ya GK :p

------------------------------
So yeah, I thought i'd gonna do this to me and review DGM...
I wanted to get a good chapter to start, but i didn't want to wait too long for the perfect chapter :/

Please bear with me, because i will at first for sure point out things story-irrelecant that i thought i might mention :P

this chapter doesn't allow much room for interpretion so this will most likely be pretty short...

The thing that really got my eye was crowley...
No, not his death, neither him being desperate, but the enormous lungs he seems to possess...
shouting one tone for such long times does cost breath and strains your vocal cords, but he doesn't seem to min :oh
Is it the innocence? or "the monster within"?

I don't know, but i found that point amazing.

The next thing: where the hell did that exactly bottle-shaped stone come from? that was another point where i thought "wtf?"...
kinda confusing >.> that scene is one where i can't believe what simple mindtricks shounen-mangakas sometimes try to pull to get suspense and shock... even if it doesn't work >.>

Okay, we now know, Jasdebi has the bottle... and we get an estimate on crowleys power after 3 bottles -- he would be possibly able to beat jasdebi...
but right there comes another thing i love:
Why did the bottle open like that? no movement other than the cap flying of is shown... is jasdebi now a psychic?

JasDebi... someone please tell me why he/she/it drinks the blood? just spilling it on the floor should be enough... we already knew jasdebi doesn't like it, so why drink it?!?!?
again for the bad joke?!

Okay, crowley gets pretty desperate... and we know that he can curse....
anything more we should know? nah, a desperate crowley trying to take jasdebi with him and the room is enough to know...

We get near to the chapter end... and hoshino thought must've thought
"I need to compensate for the stone and reusing the taste-joke"
and she really did get me good,
the last i would've thought of seeing to kill crowley would be an Iron Maiden,
although i gotta say it fits.

Jasdebi this time seems to really be into joking around... laughing so heartily at the death of an opponent, nice ;)

With his last strength crowley tries to catch jasdebi after reopening his coffin...
not reaching fully we see his arm as the last of his...

What may this imply?
There are two options:

Aleister Crowley is really dead.
it would be the fitting end and no shounen-main-chars-don't-die sequence...

Aleister Crowley's arm beware him of being totally crushed and will get rescued just in time. ---> he is alive

i myself would prefer the death-variant.. maybe i am too much into GANTZ to not realise that shounen series don't rise to such levels...

The best sentence of this week is in my opinion:
"He really was a monster..."
this sentence shows once more the overly child-like playing and teasing jasdebi seems to love...
it's kinda scary... jasdebi are so good fighters, but still have soo much room for playing...
jasdebi never thought of him as a monster, just played with him... how degrading for crowley that is...

I know, not much of a real in-depth analisys, but there wasn't much to analyze, really!
there was more to poke fun at in this chapter... somehow hoshino manages it to make a more morbid theme be funny to some extent >.>

anyway, have fun commenting on this if you want :)

greetz
ttxdragon

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

berol

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score