Recipes - Discover Oriental Cuisine | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Recipes Discover Oriental Cuisine

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Here we discuss Oriental food such as: Fried Rice. Egg Rolls. Wonton Soup.

Oriental food can be divided in
  • Central Asia
  • East Asia
  • North Asia
  • South Asia
  • Southeast Asia
  • Western Asia
And you're welcome to discuss any of them. The good, the bad, the dangerous ;-) share your experiences with the Oriental Cuisine

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well I guess most of people here have eaten sushi before, of course the different sushi variations that exists...
But did anyone actually made sushi? Cuz I did, and before I thought I was good at cooking, preparing meals etc., but the sushi experience totally destroyed my confidence

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Southeast Asia, especially the Filipino food!

Who can resist the sumptious...

1. lechon (roasted pig)?

2. adobo (I don't know the English for this one as this is purely Filipino food)

3. and a lot many others.

I'll add more when I have more time.
I'm getting hungry from writing this post.

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Ahaha, I just had to post in this thread considering I'm a South east asean
and has been eating those food for..
...my..entire..life.. :darn
Now I wish I had more oriental cuisine rather than SEA ones to eat..

Anyway, here's my favorite

1) Hainanese Chicken Rice-You can't deny this, as in..I can't deny this, probably one of my favorite local dish in singapore!

2)Nasi Lemak a malay dish that I really come to adore and love! I guess it is..dangerous? Because some of them(depending on which) are really spicy.

3) Roti Prata - I think it's just dough + various combinations = roti prata, but it is delicious and filling for me. Thanks to the indians for coming up with this :eyeroll

This 3 are probably commonly know if you come to Singapore ;)

4) Claypot Rice - My absolute favorite, I don't eat it so much cos it can't be found anywhere in singapore but the fact that it is served still warm(in fact, it's still very hot) when I dig in makes this my favorite rice dish.

Mymy, do I love food :D

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I absolutely love the dishes Zeltrax mentioned (we are from the same country, btw, so I totally agree with him and if you ever come to Singapore, those are must-try dishes!)

Here are some more of my favorite oriental dishes. I do love pork, as you can see :p

Zhu Jiao Cu 猪脚醋 (Pig Trotters in Vinegar)
This is often eaten by women right after they give birth when they are in "confinement". Of course, you can eat this anytime. I just ate it last night! I had seconds and thirds... So good! *drools*

=====
And you know how Asians eat the weirdest things? I was just sharing this with M3J today, and he was kinda freaked out by it... But hey, it's delicious! I think Zeltrax would back me up on this one...

Zhu Zha Tang 猪什汤 (Pig's Organ Soup)
This is one of my most favorite foods! As the name suggests, it's got all sorts of pig innards in it. These include the pig liver, kidney, tongue, fallopian tube, heart... Am I freaking you out? Well trust me, they're delicious!

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm really a fan of innards food. They are generally cheap and tasty. A french dish that one could compare with Zhu Zha Tang is Andouillette. It has a really strong smell and taste so very few foreigners (or even French) like it. But with a plate of French fries and mustard on a sunny brasserie terrasse it's really great.

I love asiatish sups. They are so simple and tasty, I try to do myself some sometime but I lack the ingredients and the basics.

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
West Asian food is not 'oriental' by most definitions, although there's a strong influence of West and western Central Asian cuisine in South Asia.