Feedback - Dislikes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback Dislikes

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I understand the system behind likes and thanks, but I don't get it with dislikes. I don't see a button for it, and I don't understand how 2 people (one of which doesn't even exists) managed to dislike my posts.

01:19 AM - N/A clicked Dislike for this post: Welcome to MH's Mafia Clan by alphabeta
What is the secret behind these Dislikes and please explain it to me, since it seems I'm the only person who was targeted by them. :oh

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi alpha,

The dislikes were a part of a test, hence why none other than admins/techs could actually use the function. It was discarded as you can see on your posts, so you should no longer be affected by the dislikes.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hi alpha,

The dislikes were a part of a test, hence why none other than admins/techs could actually use the function. It was discarded as you can see on your posts, so you should no longer be affected by the dislikes.
I see, thanks for the info.

It's just that in the "Hottest Threads/Posts" my thread is still listed with those dislikes. If no one else can use dislikes, and I'd appreciate it if "Hottest Threads - Dislike" and "Hottest Posts - Dislike" would be removed, since they are only experiments

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I'll see what I can do. Will update here later.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They have been removed now. As seen here.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yeah, I already saw that. Thanks to whoever it did. :beer

[3c]T'was likely Fuzzy, so thank the Fuz[/3c]

Last edited by a moderator:

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I agree that the fact you can see "who" dislikes a post and disliking doesn't go well hand in hand.

Although if you can make an anonymous "rating" system to the individual post, it'd probably be much better and avoid people hating / disliking other people because they disliked their post...

As I see it, the core problem is you know "who" disliked your post and honestly, I like the idea that you can rate post up and down, just need to avoid the names if rating a post down :)

p.s. dear Admins, Mods, Owner of MH, I'd LOVE a "Creative" button!
I don't think Like or Thank buttons are sufficient if you in some cases really find a post creative, and I'd love to state the post in such a manner rather than like or thanking..!
Well, I can only dream of such a button :tem

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I agree that the fact you can see "who" dislikes a post and disliking doesn't go well hand in hand.

Although if you can make an anonymous "rating" system to the individual post, it'd probably be much better and avoid people hating / disliking other people because they disliked their post...

As I see it, the core problem is you know "who" disliked your post and honestly, I like the idea that you can rate post up and down, just need to avoid the names if rating a post down :)

p.s. dear Admins, Mods, Owner of MH, I'd LOVE a "Creative" button!
I don't think Like or Thank buttons are sufficient if you in some cases really find a post creative, and I'd love to state the post in such a manner rather than like or thanking..!
Well, I can only dream of such a button :tem
Well I understand that, but these features come with the vB engine, and such a button is not available I'm afraid:((well, unless we rename one of them, which I don't know if can be done)...but since this forum encourages good conversations, feel free to post to appreciate the creativeness of others. And like their post in the process as well.:p

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well I understand that, but these features come with the vB engine, and such a button is not available I'm afraid:((well, unless we rename one of them, which I don't know if can be done)...but since this forum encourages good conversations, feel free to post to appreciate the creativeness of others. And like their post in the process as well.:p
ah, too bad :)
hehe yeah, maybe I'm just too lazy sometimes and just press a button instead of posting :p It'd be cool if you could put all kind of emotion you have for a post below it though, there can be many reasons for thanking & liking afterall :)
But it's also true that people would maybe stop posting or post less if they could specify their emotions by pressing a single button, I see your point.. too bad it's like that though, I like buttons :p