Question - Do you miss a manga? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Do you miss a manga?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
One of my faves right now will end soon. Saying goodbye to a series can be sad and leave you feeling empty for a little while when it's over. These are three manga that I still miss:

Kakakaku Shikajika - I didn't pick up the series til it was close to finished and maybe they were already completely scanlated. It is only 30 chapters or so. I read 1-2 chapters a week and was only reading a few other titles at the time, so the story was on my mind for most of the week. I think I missed this so much because the ending was so moving and I felt the protagonist (this was autobiographical) was genuine and honest enough that it made me think about myself, and it was as I said on my mind a lot of the time.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko - One Edited Manga site promoted this a bit so I tried it, a 4-koma rom-com which came out daily. I became a fanboy rather quickly. Every day I'd read this when I got home and it would make me smile - which I find important. So even though it ended badly (this year btw) I still miss Tomo, Misuzu (have a crush on her) and Carol.

Fairy Tail - I seriously enjoyed reading most of it. Some parts made me proper slack, but on the forum (either MH or a previous forum I attended) is where I had the most fun. Some of the content I've seen over the years from people discussing FT still makes me laugh. So this is not exclusively about me missing the story but more about the collaborative experiences online regarding the series, and the series and it's author plays a role in that.

Do you miss a manga?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Kakakaku Shikajika - I didn't pick up the series til it was close to finished and maybe they were already completely scanlated. It is only 30 chapters or so. I read 1-2 chapters a week and was only reading a few other titles at the time, so the story was on my mind for most of the week. I think I missed this so much because the ending was so moving and I felt the protagonist (this was autobiographical) was genuine and honest enough that it made me think about myself, and it was as I said on my mind a lot of the time.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko - One Edited Manga site promoted this a bit so I tried it, a 4-koma rom-com which came out daily. I became a fanboy rather quickly. Every day I'd read this when I got home and it would make me smile - which I find important. So even though it ended badly (this year btw) I still miss Tomo, Misuzu (have a crush on her) and Carol.

Fairy Tail - I seriously enjoyed reading most of it. Some parts made me proper slack, but on the forum (either MH or a previous forum I attended) is where I had the most fun. Some of the content I've seen over the years from people discussing FT still makes me laugh. So this is not exclusively about me missing the story but more about the collaborative experiences online regarding the series, and the series and it's author plays a role in that.

Do you miss a manga?
oh agree for
Kakakaku Shikajika
Came across this , after it ended sadly, but definitely one of my best reading, so emotional, funny, genuine, and this ending yeah definitely missing it

+

Flat
one of the cutest , adorable thing i ve read. too short, sadly.

+
i missed too, Naruto 1st part till jiraya/itachi death, that was fun times witha lot of debates, theories, too bad it ended not the way i would have loved, but still got nice memories.

It has not ended yet but missing it, coz of the rythm and i know that next chapters wont come before long.

Wotaku ni koi, one of my fave cuurrent readings . Enjoying a lot.
Will definitely miss

Boku to kimi no taisets na hanashi , enjoyed a lot the reading, i just regret to have discovered this too late.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
maybe Naruto. I still remember when I was a mid school student during my break time I went to a nearby mall on foot haha. I bought 5 volumes, and ended up buying all (though I havent bought some of last volumes). In uni, I was so pumped up about Naruto and obsessed with Tobirama and Hinata haha. Nice memories with my friends.......

Jdmp53

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Magi..I was late into manga reading but glad that i got to read it..i don't know whether u guys had a section for it..I hope We get a sequel on the new world premises..and certain characters ends up a couple..

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bleach and Toriko specifically, yeah.

I still haven't filled the void those two series left in my life, but I'll be damned if Chainsaw Man isn't making an amazing attempt.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Naruto, mostly, up until the end of Pain arc. The manga was still good and enjoyable.

FMA, although I started reading days or weeks after the final chapter came out. Or right before?

Definitely not Bleach, lulz

Veni Vidi Vici

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I really miss Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fairy Tail and Death Note.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I miss a lot of manga though mostly the stuff that either ended early or never lived up to their potential.

Beelzebub for sure. Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi is another. There are a lot of series on that pile.

With larger series it's more that I miss the characters than I do the story itself but in most cases it reaches a point where I'm nostalgic for what it used to be more than what it ultimately was, if that makes sense. Like Naruto is the prime example. I loved that world and those characters, until the progression of the world and characters spoiled things for me a bit. So I guess it's not so much that I miss it as I do miss having a series like it was before, in my view, it went off the rails. Which is often the case long before a story even ends.

Like I miss One Piece being about adventure, treasure, and fun.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
  • Bleach (I would like a sequel)
  • HxH
  • Vagabond
  • Fire Punch
  • Claymore
  • Kamisama no Iuutori
  • Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
These I miss the most but there are others.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Beelzebub for sure. Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi is another.
I wholeheartedly agree with these 2. They were phenomenal. I saw them randomly and just started reading em on a whim.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
- Missing HxH so badly, almost 4 years since last chapter :s
- Maiko San, this manga has no official translation AFAIK, the team who does it hasn't updated for like 1year. Too bad, it's really a sweet coming to age slice of life, with a nice and sweet growing romance too and a lot if food and cultural references. Missing it a lot :pout

enestar

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Dominica
It's more painful than parting with a girl. After all, the whole world is disappearing

Reverseshin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I miss Tagami bachi