Does Caska ever get hear voice back? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Does Caska ever get hear voice back?

jabbament

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The possibility that that little girl is her "mind" is questionable though. How would her mind materialize like that into something everyone can see?

There are still too many similarities to her child for me to think that its not. I'm curious though, it might be a nice twist if it wasn't. :p

zoro01

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
cant wait..

AlbatorBis

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Yemen
jabbament said:
What do you mean, "entirely taken over by Griffith"?

If that's true, why would the child protect Casca and appear before Guts as often as he did? Griffith obviously doesn't give a shit about either of them, unless rape is how he expresses his feelings? :s

And I suppose we don't have "enough" evidence, but Guts and Casca's baby is out there somewhere, and this child happens to look exact like Casca, and protected her just like the baby does.

Until proven otherwise, that's enough proof for me to believe it's the child.

And maybe we should go name this "The Casca Thread".
I don't mind the highjacking, since we have nothing to do but wait, so we might as well camp.

Let me make sure we are talking about the same thing: right after the 1st eclipse and Caska was raped, some evil embryo was birthed (as underlined by the page you show). This embryo showed up regularly to protect Caska (and piss off Guts). That was until the Tower of Rebirth, where Femto used this very embryo as a physical vessel to materialize in the world. He then met Guts at the Hills of swords, to make sure no feelings are on his dream's way, but it turned out that he got out of the way to save Caska from rock's fall, like some residual feelings of the embryo was left in him. So at this point, the embryo (Guts and Caska's child) is no more. All of this are actuakl facts in the manga.

Then this child (Caska lookalike) make it's apparition at the beach for whatever reason (Guts got the Berserker armour and kill some sea bugs), and seems to get along well with Caska and Guts, and repel some monsters. If this child turns out to be STILL the original embryo, then Miura has some explaining to do because it's a plothole: this embryo has already been used by Femto and should not exist any more, not like that. THat's why I am saying we don't have any solid evidence for what it is.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I thought Femt was reborn throught the "perfect world egg apostle"
considering the facts:
1- Femto didn't need the evil embryo to be reborn in human form since the egg apostle talked about how he was going to be the egg for the perfect world before even meeting the embryo ( I think he is a toddler though...a deformed todler)
2- the egg apostle hosted the evil embryo/toddler inside him after meeting the embryo by a mere coinsidence
3-the ambryo saved Caska by "repelling" demons / moonchild saved Caska at the beach after repelling the crocodile familiar

In my opnion the moonchild is the embryo. the reason I think so is because two evil beings were inside the egg apostle...one was Femto who became Griffith again, the second one is highly likely the evil embryo reborn as the moonchild
Why did the evil embryo keep appearing before Gutts? The Skull Knight told Gutts that Caska's son "chose to be evil when he was born" and also said "he is a child nontheless who will yearn for his parents"I think that this child is Gutts and Caska's child who wanted to be evil ..maybe after Griffith raping Caska. on the other hand, moonchild appeared before Gutts and Caska at the beach and in the secene where Gutts and Caska grapped him before he fell to the ground Isidiro said that they looked like a family (a hint by Miura? maybe!)
Of course as Alb said we still don't have proof of what happened to the embryo and who the moonchild is but so far what I mentioned above fits every aspect of the story...makes sense?

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
AlbatorBis said:
Then this child (Caska lookalike) make it's apparition at the beach for whatever reason (Guts got the Berserker armour and kill some sea bugs), and seems to get along well with Caska and Guts, and repel some monsters. If this child turns out to be STILL the original embryo, then Miura has some explaining to do because it's a plothole: this embryo has already been used by Femto and should not exist any more, not like that. THat's why I am saying we don't have any solid evidence for what it is.
Yeah, I understand what you mean now, though I admit, I never really understood this part of the manga.

Was the embryo actually used in the rebirth of Griffith? That egg-man ate the embryo and said something like "Lets die together", but look:

The shape of the "shadow" in the 2nd picture looks like that egg-man. It always looked to me that once that egg ate the deformed embryo, it was able to grow human-like.

It never seemed to me that when Griffith appeared reborn, that he was anywhere near the egg-man and the embryo. Berserk confuses me at times like these.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
errm, the human body that griffith has now is the body from the child of guts and caska.
look at this:

inside the egg/behelit:

here we can see the egg/behelit break/die:

Griffith in his new body watching guts fight zodd:

Griffith just saved caska from getting hit by a bunch of rocks:

so i am putting all my cards on that the baby that was in caskas womb when she was raped by griffith is now the container for his new body.
i dont think the moonchild is the egg/behelit. his wish was to be the egg for the perfect world
and he has done that now. by giving birth to the "man" that will save midland.
the moonchild.... i have no clue :p

Yoced

Reaction score
So does this mean the moonchild will come out at certain time of the moon and/or to save his mom from danger?

If so, when Guts learn about this...what will he do? It is almost like his childhood o_O.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Yoced said:
So does this mean the moonchild will come out at certain time of the moon and/or to save his mom from danger?

If so, when Guts learn about this...what will he do? It is almost like his childhood o_O.

Oh if the moonchild and the evil embryo turn out to be the same "thing" and Guts finds out I think Guts will most likely try to kill him like he always did...Guts just hates demons regardless of who they are. It's true it will then be somehow similar to Guts' own childhood

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Silhouette said:
Oh if the moonchild and the evil embryo turn out to be the same "thing" and Guts finds out I think Guts will most likely try to kill him like he always did...Guts just hates demons regardless of who they are.
I don't think it's that simple.
Aazealh wrote a comment about Guts and his child at skullknight.net which i think sums it up pretty well:

Guts survives the Eclipse, having watched the rape of Casca. He fights spectres and SK explains him what a hell his life is going to become. Then they go to Casca. Their son is born, and he's horribly deformed. SK tells him he was corrupted during the rape and is now evil. He tells Guts that he should kill it now, otherwise it'll bring up a big disaster (it did). And the kid climbs Casca's breast, trying to suckle on her brand. In the end, Guts didn't kill it, and SK told him that the child would come to haunt his parents. And after that, what did the kid do? It haunted him. And not because Guts hated him or anything like that. We don't know what happened between the end of the flashback and volume 1, but we can assume it wasn't the first time then that the kid appeared to him. It showed up when Guts was incapacitated, and even though Guts didn't want to it was coming to him. To do what, hug him? Suckle on his brand? We'll never know, but he was forcing himself on Guts and it's Puck that saved the day. Later on he showed up in a dream through an incubus, and again he threatened and even scared Guts. In volume 15, he appeared along with burning kids to haunt Guts once more, seriously troubling him. The bottom line is that he was never benevolent to his father, unlike with Casca (and Guts didn't know that).
Guts aggressed the child only once and because he saw it as a monster (rightly so), and in the end he didn't harm it. Then after that the child haunted him regularly, possibly almost every night.
And the way how Guts is thinking about the whereabouts of the child in episode 238 also doesn't look to me as if he bears a fundamental grudge against it.

darkbass

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
but we also never saw the baby ever 'attack' guts, i would appear and try to get to his father, but guts always sent it alway, we dont know if he really wanted to harm guts or if he wanted to be accepted and maybe even help him,since it always appeared when guts was looking like a good help would be good, and guts not knowing it would interpret it like an haunting....

edit: sorry, only saw last post was a long time ago after i had posted........

Ramen4ever

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thread Revival.
After skimming through this thread I realized that the OP wasn't properly answered. Sure it was two years ago but a little thread necromancy never hurt anyone when it's worthy content.

The answer is yes. Casca does get her voice back and even her mind. It occurs in the DC game. Which is even by Miura considered canon to the manga. If you look carefully when Guts and co first go to Flora's tree mansion there is a Mandragora root on the table. ;)
Here's the link to youtube featuring the clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBuQ6dVwe0o

King Mordred

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey. awesome!

GAT-X252

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Peru
Wow...that mandragora looks really scary.

Is that really canon?

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Two year old thread... too sad the Berserk forum doesn't seem very well visited, the manga would deserve it :)

In Vol. 28 p.28, after escaping the apostles at Schierke's master's house, Gutt's party meets the skull knight at a beach, who talks about the king of elves who they want to seek out.
He says (to Gutts):
"With his powers, it might be possible for the branded girl to regain her heart."
(...)
"But do not forget [...] most important of all, what you wish for might not be what she wishes for!"
So, in other words the king of elves they're looking for right now might have the power to cure Caska, but it might not be what she actually wishes - So most likely Gutts will remember the Skull Knight's words and will be struggling hard to make a decision whether she should be healed or not. In case that she will be healed, she might hate Gutts for that choice - it's just a possibility, but I think it's quite possible.

Last edited:

Crisis.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Two year old thread... too sad the Berserk forum doesn't seem very well visited, the manga would deserve it :)

In Vol. 28 p.28, after escaping the apostles at Schierke's master's house, Gutt's party meets the skull knight at a beach, who talks about the king of elves who they want to seek out.
He says (to Gutts):

So, in other words the king of elves they're looking for right now might have the power to cure Caska, but it might not be what she actually wishes - So most likely Gutts will remember the Skull Knight's words and will be struggling hard to make a decision whether she should be healed or not. In case that she will be healed, she might hate Gutts for that choice - it's just a possibility, but I think it's quite possible.
i think what the skull knight meant was that she might want to take a different path( maybe go with griffith or have a peaceful life instead of always fighting like guts )you might be right but i really doubt that she doesn't want to be heal

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i think what the skull knight meant was that she might want to take a different path( maybe go with griffith or have a peaceful life instead of always fighting like guts )you might be right but i really doubt that she doesn't want to be heal
I don't think so. I'm quite certain that he actually ment it this way: Healing her might not be what she wants. Simply because her current state protects her from the bitter truth and terrifying past she lived through. She might get really depressed when she awakens from that state.