Discussion - Domus Flau General Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Domus Flau General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I usually tend to imagine (I have an imagination in my brain) how a battle will go, along with considering the feats the participants have shown in manga. I believe hax magic have limits eventually. Ultimately, it really depends on a character in question. If he/she is relevant enough, then his/her hax magic will have limits. If he/she is irrelevant, then the author will leave his/her limits unknown. We all know that S12 is a bunch of hax users. Take example, Irene and DiMaria. Both Enchantment and Age Seal are hax magic, but only Enchantment has limits. Age Seal is left unknown. We all know that it can be countered by another time wizard but we probably will never know why August and Irene are stronger than DiMaria.

Mostly I will go with gut feeling. However, like I said before (me imagining how a battle will go), if one of participant of a battle blitzes opponent easily or doesn't struggle that much, I will call it easy difficulty. Oh and also I have to determine the tier of each participant. If each participant is on the same tier (take example Laxus vs Jellal), I will label it high difficulty or extreme difficulty.

It drastically does if we compare 1v1 to 1v3. 1v1 to 1v2 doesn't drastically imo. Elemental properties are not that much of a game-changer imo. It is something this manga doesn't care about. On the hand, slayer advantages are definitely game-changer. Sting defeating Larcade and Wendy not being able to scratch DiMaria but her being able to hurt Irene are ones of the best example.

Feats: proofs shown in manga
Hype: unproven statement
Portrayal: readers' assumption
(hype and portrayal are pretty much the same. Both are just a tool to make everything exciting)

I tend to avoid hype and portrayal. This is what I have been doing from the start (I ever said I won't buy S12 hype so much to a member one year ago in a thread. Unfortunately I can't find the post for now). There is a good number of inconsistency, take example:

Brandish's Command T works on Base Natsu. Base Natsu beat Enchanted Neinhart. Command T doesn't work on Enchanted Neinhart. What is this called? Circular logic? I kinda dislike such thing.
Hmm... It seems we agree for the most part.

But one thing that particularly caught my interest was the last paragraph where you mentioned about the inconsistency in power levels. I agree. But the reason why Brandish's magic worked on Natsu is because of the difference in MP. Neinhart, on the other hand, was enchanted so his magic power should have increased by a substantial amount. In general, I believe the Spriggans are superior in magic power. But, Ishgar's top-tiers can close the gap through power-ups. I see what you mean though and I do see a lot of inconsistency

I am also with you in that I don't trust Spriggan hype anymore. Unlike the majority, I don't see August lasting much longer. His feat of soloing Crime Sorcière was off-paneled so there is a chance that he is a lot weaker than he appears.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
What are you guys' thought on a scenario where Mirajane replaces Erza in Pandemonium battle vs 100 monsters?

Could she have succeeded? What is the difficulty?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What are you guys' thought on a scenario where Mirajane replaces Erza in Pandemonium battle vs 100 monsters?

Could she have succeeded? What is the difficulty?
She clears with more difficulty than Erza. Beating Jacob should be a better feat than beating the Pandemonium, so current Mirajane can do it.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Domus Flau is lively lately. Wish there was another FT Tournament.... There are new additions such as Kyria, Madmole, Skullion etc
You're a green so make it happen :kappa

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
yes.... threaten him... :kukuku

we are currently waiting for Axiomus and XXEliteXXAceXX's responds! We will inform you asap!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another tournament confirmed. Most likely next year, waiting for more characters/feats. Please look forward to it :blai

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I somewhat remember making icons for the tournament a few years ago. Do we need any updated icons? I got a few for Natsu and Lucy's new forms.
100% get as many of these as possible.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Brandish said we will hold the tourney at the end of BoFT 2.0 mini arc, so the spirit is still up there. Waiting for this arc to end might be too long since it's gonna be back to biweekly. Meanwhile I am tempted to host another ranking..........

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Brandish said we will hold the tourney at the end of BoFT 2.0 mini arc, so the spirit is still up there. Waiting for this arc to end might be too long since it's gonna be back to biweekly. Meanwhile I am tempted to host another ranking..........
Do it. Lots of characters have improved so it would make sense

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Kiki Tournament?? :3c :3c
I have made the banner and signature for the tourney. Brandish said he wanted to see if the activities will increase the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.