Bonus Round - Doubles - Sanada/Atobe vs Niou/Fuji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bonus Round Doubles - Sanada/Atobe vs Niou/Fuji

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Sanada Gen'ichirou / Atobe Keigo

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Niou Masaharu / Fuji Shuusuke

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Doubles - Bonus

VERSUS

Serve order: Atobe -> Fuji -> Sanada -> Niou

Have fun discussing.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sanada/Atobe. Sanada can probably solo both Fuji and Niou, Atobe's better than Fuji, Niou is prolly above Atobe at this point (but only slightly). Sanada will release BA and that alone is enough to shut down Fuji and Niou. Fuji's counters are useless here, and I don't think Niou can copy somebody that can even give a hard time to Sanada.

I reckon Niou will cause little trouble, but Sanada's BA will overwhelm both Fuji and Niou, I don't see how they will react to that.

Sanada/Atobe win 6-0.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji will attempt to play 1 on 3 against Sanada + Atobe + Tezuka (Niou joins the other side), and lose. Some random scrub will come out and say this game proves Fuji has totally surpassed Tezuka. Random high level characters will agree about how Fuji is truly a genius and so on, even though he lost the game 6-0 against the aforementioned trio.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I would actually go for Niou/Fuji. Niou can illusion into Fuji and can just syncho. Niou's the game shark here. Atobe Kingdom is much less usable in doubles, as we saw compare to Irie match.

We know how much weak character is jack up when they syncho. When a high tier characters like Fuji syncho, that should have substantial impact.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada/Atobe. Sanada can probably solo both Fuji and Niou, Atobe's better than Fuji, Niou is prolly above Atobe at this point (but only slightly). Sanada will release BA and that alone is enough to shut down Fuji and Niou. Fuji's counters are useless here, and I don't think Niou can copy somebody that can even give a hard time to Sanada.

I reckon Niou will cause little trouble, but Sanada's BA will overwhelm both Fuji and Niou, I don't see how they will react to that.

Sanada/Atobe win 6-0.
we haven't seen the power of BA yet. we can only speculate what it does.

I know just cuz you synchro doens't mean you can copy an opponent's moves, but niou did technically already learned atobe kingdom, and he can illusion a person and use their skills.
but i'm thinking tezuka illusion and fuji can win, or maybe niou can do a yukimura illusion. not to mention synchro.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
When was it said that Niou can synchro with everyone?

Sanada>> Niou, and Atobe >> Fuji; there's no other way to see it. Tango Pair wins this.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's this simple. Sanada can wipe his ass with both of them at the same time. No way in hell Fuji or Niou can stand up to BA and AK.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

we haven't seen the power of BA yet. we can only speculate what it does.

I know just cuz you synchro doens't mean you can copy an opponent's moves, but niou did technically already learned atobe kingdom, and he can illusion a person and use their skills.
but i'm thinking tezuka illusion and fuji can win, or maybe niou can do a yukimura illusion. not to mention synchro.
Niou copying Yuki is pointless, because he won't be able to use Yips as it's yukimura's natural ability and can't be copied. Moreover he also won't be able to see through all the shots like Yuki does. If they Synchro together, Sanada and Atobe can keep up for sure and comfortably return the shots.

No way Niou and Fuji can win this at all.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Niou can copy Atobe Kingdom and it sure looks like a natural ability that only Atobe has.

Niou can synchronize with anyone because it's assumed that anybody can sychronize with himself, so Niou just have to become Fuji to synchronize with Fuji.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I dunno about AK but

Niou can synchronize with anyone because it's assumed that anybody can sychronize with himself, so Niou just have to become Fuji to synchronize with Fuji.
It's just an assumption. It was never mentioned before. I always thought that he had synchro with Atobe because Atobe is a egotistical bastard (and that is actually true) not because Niou can synchro with anyone he wants.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
If synchro involves two guys knowing each other like the back of their hand, how can you fail to synchrnoize with yourself? Niou was able to synchronize with the enemy team in the battle against the twins by turning into them.

Now you can argue it'd take him a long time to figure out his partner to the point where he can act as an exact body double. Fuji is a character known to be extremely hard to figure out so this may work against him. In fact since Closed Eyes basically functions like In (impossible to predict) that'd also work against his own partner attempting to synchronize with him, since if Fuji uses Closed Eye then his partner also wouldn't be able to know what he's doing either so they wouldn't be able to synchronize either.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Wat?

Just imagine the situation : you meet someone that looks and acts exactly like you. That means that both of you will have perfect coordination in a court and that your thoughts will be connected? Nonesense.

If that was the case, why did Niou turn into Kikumaru? He could have just turned into Oishi (he surely knew Oishi better than Kikumaru, it would had been easier and prolly better).

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Also, even if they get into synchro, that doesn't mean much as long as Sanada and Atobe are superior. WoK (who are crap compared to Sanada/Atobe right now) almost defeated Washio/Suzuki just with their skills.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
The whole point of Niou's illusion is that he is pretty much exactly the same as whoever he copies that people actually confuse him with whoever he's copying. If this isn't true then why should twins have especially good coordination? The point is that the said twins can just think 'what would I do in this situation' and figure out what the other is thinking. In Niou's case it's even closer than that as you're literally dealing with a clone of yourself if his illusion is perfected.

In Oishi's case there's no reason to have two Oishis since he's supposed to be the weaker singles player compared to Kikumaru. He'd be able to synchronize with Oishi as either Kikumaru or Oishi, and like the twins said if it's synchro versus synchro the side with stronger base stats win, so Niou is still better off synchroing as the stronger player. Kikumaru definitely surpassed Oishi in the last available reference point (the tiebreaker).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
AK is not as effective here as people may think, I think. As the absolute blind spot of both player will have to match for it to be a spot that no one can response too. Atobe seem to be able to spam it every move in singles before his knee fall and hurt itself.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
If that was the case, why did Niou turn into Kikumaru? He could have just turned into Oishi (he surely knew Oishi better than Kikumaru, it would had been easier and prolly better).

Also, even if they get into synchro, that doesn't mean much as long as Sanada and Atobe are superior. WoK (who are crap compared to Sanada/Atobe right now) almost defeated Washio/Suzuki just with their skills.
This is because like Tooyama, Niou didn't go all out or bring out everything he had against his 11-20 opponent.
Its pretty obvious since Niou also revealed ZSS after.
So the Niou that faced G10 was even stronger than the Niou that faced 11-20. That's crystal clear.

At this stage, as long as he is in a pinch, Niou can synchro with anybody. As long as the pinch requirement is met, its crystal clear and he can synchro with anybody.
I mean he did it with the selfish Atobe of all people.

But you're right there. Individually, I'd put Niou a little bit above Mouri since although ZSS doesn't mean much to Mouri, Niou's TPhantom is a big problem for both Ochi and Mouri.
So the situation is that both Atobe and Niou were above both Mouri and Ochi in Singles. So of course if they Synchro'd its rape.
Especially when only Atobe played and they still won.
Fuji/Fuji Synchro with both of them healthy should win but not a complete domination, since Sanada/Atobe are above Fuji in Singles.
But if ONE Atobe beat Ochi/Mouri, then Fuji/Fuji both healthy from the start can't lose to Sanada/Atobe.

However, it all matters if Niou can stay healthy and survive to the stage where Niou/Fuji fall into a pinch.
Neither Fuji nor Niou can return Rai so Niou spends an entire set spamming TPhantom.
Hyakku Ren means nothing to Sanada. Saiki doesn't work in Doubles. WoI & AK is weaker in Doubles.
5thCounter can't take more than 2 points. In fact, the counters will all be broken in quick succession without the opportunity for 6thCounter to be hit either.

You're also mistaken with that reasoning there. Washio/Suzuki won because they were also in Synchro whilst WoK were in Synchro.
Sanada/Atobe couldn't dream to achieve Synchro together.

Status
Not open for further replies.