First Round - Doubutsu no Kuni vs. Death Note | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Doubutsu no Kuni vs. Death Note

Who wins?

• Doubutsu no Kuni

• Death Note

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Doubutsu no Kuni
Makoto Raiku
-

Death Note
Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Let's begin, shall we?

I'll assume that the majority of the people here already heard about Death Note but for those that aren't familiar with this amazing manga, here's MyAnimeList's synopsis.
A shinigami, as a god of death, can kill any person—provided they see their victim's face and write their victim's name in a notebook called a Death Note. One day, Ryuk, bored by the shinigami lifestyle and interested in seeing how a human would use a Death Note, drops one into the human realm.

High school student and prodigy Light Yagami stumbles upon the Death Note and—since he deplores the state of the world—tests the deadly notebook by writing a criminal's name in it. When the criminal dies immediately following his experiment with the Death Note, Light is greatly surprised and quickly recognizes how devastating the power that has fallen into his hands could be.

With this divine capability, Light decides to extinguish all criminals in order to build a new world where crime does not exist and people worship him as a god. Police, however, quickly discover that a serial killer is targeting criminals and, consequently, try to apprehend the culprit. To do this, the Japanese investigators count on the assistance of the best detective in the world: a young and eccentric man known only by the name of L. source

Here are some reasons why you should vote for Death Note​
  • It has an unique concept that can't be found in any other manga

• The story is so intense that it will absorb you until the end and make you lose the notion of time (Trust me, I remember reading it in class and I swear that one hour passed within 5 minutes).

• Death Note has so many twists and mysteries that it will keep you guessing until the last page. Rumors say that even Gosho Aoyama asked for advice after reading Death Note. Just joking :cookiehand ,don't get me wrong I love Detective Conan and I respect Gosho Aoyama from the bottom of my heart.

• Compared to other shounen manga where there is a good and a bad side, Death Note does not have such concept implanted. (even tho some might disagree with me here). It's more like two people having their own ideals and fighting for it. It's up to you to choose the side that suits you the most.

• The fact that Death Note has two authors, a writer and an illustrator, played a big role for the manga since both of them could focus on what they excelled at and give their 100%.

• It has a lot of symbolism from the Bible that I personally find interesting coming from a manga that is from Japan.

• Ryuk itself.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Xad isn't going to do anything anyway. Death Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.