Hangout - Dr. Stone Hangout Thread | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Dr. Stone Hangout Thread

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Issue #36 author comment:

Issue #37 author comment:

Issue # 38 author comment:

^Otome Ryu here is referring to Hyoga's spear style. The one he used to drill the hole in the latest chapter.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

This week's author comment (Issue # 39):

Dr Stone Comic Calendar (2021):

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Spoiler out

Can you open the thread ?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
You have a perfect husbando and want to brag about him in front of people that he is the best the world has ever had? But you don't know where to do it? Join us in Husbando Wars 2020!

Nominate your husbando here!

For more info, check this out

Hall of Fame

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Happy New Year.
We look forward to your continued support of "Weekly Shonen Jump" in 2021.

Kinda hope the season 2 of the anime causes the series to get more sales :nod

Also:

Happy birthday to our brainy MC :smile-big

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

^ Poll is up, for everyone who want to participate :ninja

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Voted for Senkuu today!

Kohaku tomorrow then You. Then Idk.

Damn, even Mecha Senkuu is an option?

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Kohaku tomorrow then You. Then Idk.
Just vote for the characters that you will put in your eventual top 10 Dr Stone characters. Think of it as training for the round :p

--
Voted Yuzuriha for now, personally.
Will try and vote for the characters who I think deserve more love from the fandom :hmph Those I feel are underrated when it comes to their contributions to the story.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Voted for my favorites in each arcs. I am only voting for Senku and Kohaku now :lambirb.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
@Equaling Heaven Do you want to give this series a try? I have seen your posts on the Jujutsu Kaisen forum and the Attack on Titan section, you seem to like series that engage the reader as much as possible :nod Dr Stone would fall in the same vein as that (At least I would like to think it does:P)

Unless you already read it. Or you read it and dropped it.;( In that case ignore this message :eek:

@BD_Beno Golden week this week, so a two week holiday for manga. Prime time to get caught up? :p

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@BD_Beno Golden week this week, so a two week holiday for manga. Prime time to get caught up? :p
I'm in the home stretch of the semester rn, so I think I'll be caught up by end of May/early June. :)

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Equaling Heaven Do you want to give this series a try? I have seen your posts on the Jujutsu Kaisen forum and the Attack on Titan section, you seem to like series that engage the reader as much as possible :nod Dr Stone would fall in the same vein as that (At least I would like to think it does:P)

Unless you already read it. Or you read it and dropped it.;( In that case ignore this message :eek:

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the 'commend. Got back to this series recently. In a sense I did dropped it, but not because I dont like it, was just overloaded. Iirc it was during the "Senku vs Ryusui" part of the manga.
Right now I'm in the middle of a transition, moving to my new home. Will have my internet back till the weekend and then after this I can dig into Dr. Stone again.

Crimson_Dawn13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Now I'm sad I didn't get into Dr Stone earlier. Could have voted too.
Oh, well, maybe next time...

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Someone did a doodle of the entire plot of Dr Stone (Up to the current chapter). Thought it was super neat, so I thought I'd share it with you guys on here :smile-big Credits to the original artist of course:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I’m a man of my word. :hee
:wtf:wtf:wtf
You have no idea how happy this post made me, haha.

What do you think so far? You read over 100 chapters. What's been the best arc to you? Who's best girl and best boy? Who's best villain?
I have so many questions :XD

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
:wtf:wtf:wtf
You have no idea how happy this post made me, haha.

What do you think so far? You read over 100 chapters. What's been the best arc to you? Who's best girl and best boy? Who's best villain?
I have so many questions :XD
:D
Pretty good, especially the last several chaps. And Boichi's art is always a pleasure.

Alright, rapid fire lets go haha,

Best arc: Treasure Island/South America arcs. The treasure island arc from start to finish was a good read. Early tension, good antagonist, and strong moments throughout. And the South America arc, I kinda surprised myself how fast I got through it, especially from chap 180(the big reveal) onwards, and it had the best conclusion of any arc imo. Also, a smaller arc that I loved was the Village Origins arc, getting the story of Byakuya, Lillian, and the other astronauts and the impact of their contributions.

Best Girl: Kohaku and Suika are my favorite characters. Kohaku's been awesome from the start and Suika was always precious, detective Suika always made me smile. Then the last couple chapters, I was so proud.

Best Boy: Having a science background, the answer is Senku. Though 3 piece suit Kaseki is a close second.

Best Villain: My favorite villain is Hyoga, and I'm still pretty big on his character, though for best overall I'll pick Ibara. I'll go more in depth on them soon in the antagonists thread.

I love the cast, def won't be an easy list for the coming top 10 rd.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Pretty good, especially the last several chaps. And Boichi's art is always a pleasure.
The best art in the magazine man. That chapter where the petrification wave started again was freaking awesome. Also those close ups of Stanley are>>>>>

Best arc: Treasure Island/South America arcs. The treasure island arc from start to finish was a good read. Early tension, good antagonist, and strong moments throughout. And the South America arc, I kinda surprised myself how fast I got through it, especially from chap 180(the big reveal) onwards, and it had the best conclusion of any arc imo. Also, a smaller arc that I loved was the Village Origins arc, getting the story of Byakuya, Lillian, and the other astronauts and the impact of their contributions.
Treasure Island and South America arcs are the peak of the story for me tbh. Leaning more towards South America arc because of how everything went out of control basically. The climax was nothing I expected at all.
A smaller arc I loved personally was the Age of Exploration arc. When Ryusui gets revived and they just go around developing all of Japan, planting stuff, the air balloon etc. Just very comfy chapters to read :^_^

Best Girl: Kohaku and Suika are my favorite characters. Kohaku's been awesome from the start and Suika was always precious, detective Suika always made me smile. Then the last couple chapters, I was so proud.
Kohaku and Yuzuriha for me. Yuzu is the most underrated girl in the series imo :hmph But I agree, the recent Suika stuff was pretty heart warming. Jeez, that timeskip.

Best Boy: Having a science background, the answer is Senku. Though 3 piece suit Kaseki is a close second.
Ah, Kaseki. A man of culture :pleased
Gen is the best for me, followed by Senku. But Kaseki definitely up there.

Best Villain: My favorite villain is Hyoga, and I'm still pretty big on his character, though for best overall I'll pick Ibara. I'll go more in depth on them soon in the antagonists thread.
It used to Ibara for me for a while (Like, right after Treasure Island), but on second thought, I also realized Hyoga is the best. Mostly because you can never really tell what he is thinking at any one time. I like those villains who are hard to read.
Special shout to Stanley though. What a guy :laser
Looking forward to more of your thoughts in the thread :nod

I love the cast, def won't be an easy list for the coming top 10 rd.
:hi5

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
The best art in the magazine man. That chapter where the petrification wave started again was freaking awesome. Also those close ups of Stanley are>>>>>
My favorite part is seeing the terrains as they explore. Yeah, Stanley stuff is good, also when he shoots, I mean those bullets during the motorcycle escape, damn so good.

A smaller arc I loved personally was the Age of Exploration arc. When Ryusui gets revived and they just go around developing all of Japan, planting stuff, the air balloon etc. Just very comfy chapters to read :^_^
I'm pretty excited to see this animated. My favorite part in the anime is seeing the science projects, I could watch that all day.

Yuzu is the most underrated girl in the series imo :hmph
I like Yuzuriha, she'd be third for me, albeit there's a decent gap haha.

Ah, Kaseki. A man of culture :pleased
Gen is the best for me, followed by Senku. But Kaseki definitely up there.
:true
Gen is top-tier, I recall ranking him in the top 10 secondary rd without being caught up, def made an impression on me from the outset. Imo, he and Senku are the best duo. Also, I really like Ryusui as well.