Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Title: Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka
Associated title(s): Может, я встречу тебя в подземелье? ; ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか ;
在地下城寻求邂逅是否搞错了什么 ; 在地牢里寻求邂逅难道有错吗; 期待在地下城邂逅有错吗; 던전에서 만남을 추구하면 안 되는 걸까; DanMachi; Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka; Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka; Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru noha Machigatteiru Darouka; Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Genre: Seinen, Action, Adventure, Ecch, Fantasy, Harem, Romance
Author(s): OOMORI Fujino
Artist(s): Kunieda
Publisher: Published by Square Enix; serialized in Young Gangan (SE).
Start Date and End: 2013 to on-going
Chapters read at the time of review: 30
Additional Notes:
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou Ka? has a few spin-offs and one side-story.

Kunieda illustrates Judgement Overman - Houkago no Kessha .

Title:
Genres:
Author:
Artist:
Publication:
Start Date:
End Date:
Number of chapters at review:
Number of chapters read by reviewer:

(if you have trouble finding any of this info, contact me, and I'm sure I can get it for you)

General Overview: A quick overview of the plot, be careful not to give any spoilers away. This should be a paragraph or two at most.
Isn't it every guy's dream to have a chance encounter with a beautiful woman in a dungeon? Well, maybe a dungeon isn't the first place that comes up when trying to meet a woman but that's what Bell had in mind. Naively thinking he could meet a pretty lady or a party of them, Bell heads down into the fifth floor only to be chased by a minotaur. Just as he's about to receive the death blow from the minotaur, Aizu Wallenstein obliterates the minotaur from behind showering Bell in minotaur's blood. Could this be the fated chance encounter that Bell was hoping for?

Category Ratings: (1-10 scale)

Art:
The art is superbly drawn. One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of younger characters. I sometimes wonder when I see casts of young characters if the artist can drawn middle age people at all. That's just something I picked up.

Plot:
The title got me curious and it's not quite the harem manga that I thought it was. But that's not a bad thing really. The plot does start out action packed. We are introduced to the male protagonist who is a loser adventurer to put it bluntly. Through sheer hard work, he starts getting noticed. But usually it's these "loser" protagonists that have hearts of gold.

Characters:
Bell
He's from Hestia's familia and is a novice adventurer.

Hestia
A goddess that watches over Bell.

Aizu Wallenstein
A swordman who earned the moniker War Princess from single-handedly annihilating an army of level 5 monsters. She also broke the record of a thousand failed courtship. She belongs to Loki's familia.

The gods and goddesses are all from different cultural mythologies from Greek, Norse, Egyptian and etc. I'm not sure why these deities are on the planet interacting with human beings. The reason has not been revealed. And I'm not sure if these deities can travel freely between their plane and the world.

Theme:

Originality:

Overall:
Bell is a little messed up for a guy. What kind of guy would go into a monster infested dungeon hoping to pick up a woman? That's just ludicrous! Not to mention that Bell is also a novice adventurer who shouldn't be in that deep in the dungeon anyway.

Last edited: