Light Novel - Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally completed volume 8. Overall it was average. I particularly liked Welf and Lili's stories but the rest not so much. Hestia had some good moments in the last chapter but she was mostly very annoying.

One thing I really don't like is how Bell gets treated in his own Familia. I hate how Hestia decided to reveal his Skill to the others even Mikoto who will be there temporarily and yet hides things from him. It's even acknowledged in this volume that he would not talk because it would be like revealing his feelings for Ais.

It's not very hard to guess that his growth is related to some rare ability in the first place. Everyone know about his Skill and his feelings while the captain is kept in the dark :-_-.
Yeah, it does seem a little strange that she hasn't told him by now. Though I can see the rational too. Bell is very easily manipulated and probably the worst at hiding anything from anyone. Still though...

The strange thing about volume 8 is that I think I like it more now than I did just after I finished it. Probably because the parts of it that I didn't like are rather forgettable and the parts that I did really stuck with me.

The Welf storyline was like that for me. Several times since I finished it I've thought back that and gone "Damn, that really did make Welf a lot more interesting.". Now I want more of that character and that plot thread.

The rest of the plot threads seemed kind of one off though. Makoto's big romance story was good for a short story but seems pretty clear it's never going anywhere. Seemed like a collection of death flags for her crush actually. The rest kind of just maintained the status quo while fleshing out the characters a bit.

All in all, I hope we don't get any more anthology format books. To me that really made it feel like Volume 7.5 instead of Volume 8. I want full stories.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The new volume is out.

The story felt somewhat incomplete to me. Like it's still a good book but seemed more focused on setting up the big conflict in the next book rather than telling a story of it's own. I'm not a big fan of that in novels personally.

Will be looking forward to the next one in a big way though.

Also kind of interesting how they a playing up Mikoto as a Bell potential Bell harem members again. Can't say I expected that.

Phileos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just finished it's anime recently. I'm also ready to catch up with the light novel very soon.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Can't find the time to read Volume 9, same for Oratoria...

I just finished it's anime recently. I'm also ready to catch up with the light novel very soon.
You should read from the beginning.Or Volume 3 at least, it's still one of the best volumes of the series IMO. The Minotaur fight is even better and they skipped other important parts.

Phileos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can't find the time to read Volume 9, same for Oratoria...

You should read from the beginning.Or Volume 3 at least, it's still one of the best volumes of the series IMO. The Minotaur fight is even better and they skipped other important parts.
Thanks, I'll take your advice. I'm hoping other important parts have romance or something like that lol.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll take your advice. I'm hoping other important parts have romance or something like that lol.
There is a good bit of that the anime doesn't cover but also a whole volume that's dedicated to romance sidestories. Volume 8, I think it was. So you can look forward to that. Believe it or not one of the best ones involves Welf. His is really good and adds a lot to his character.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just finished the latest volume(10, I think, I've lost count) And this was definitely the second half of the last volume. They didn't even try to hide that they split one book into two. The chapter numbers even carried over from the last one.

It was good though. Had some nice big moments. Though it sidelined a lot of the Hestia familia more than I would have liked.

Positives
- Loved Bell's heroism damaging his reputation. The whole way he had to face down the "heroic" Loki Famila in order to save an innocent life really worked for me. That puts him in an interesting place going forward too where most people are going to think the worst of him except the few familias that know the truth about self aware monsters.
- It's hinting more and more that Lyon is going to be joining the Hestia famila. I approve of that.
- The Black Minotaur of awesomeness is somebody who I greatly enjoyed.

Negatives
- Villain wasn't great. Dix was a little to mustache twirly for me.
- This and the last volume should have been one book, clearly.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Just finished volume 11. It was great! The Xenos story definitely had a satisfying conclusion.

I hope the anime covers the fight at the end sometime relatively soon it could be absolutely amazing in animation. Possibly the best heroic moment in the series so far and that's saying something.
Picked up the Episode Ryu novel.

It gave a lot of insight into the Benevolent Mistress characters and they're even more awesome than I was expecting. Somehow I thought Ryu was only high teir adventurer among them with the exception of the owner. It also hints even more strongly at what's going on with Syr.

Did not expect almost all of them to be Level 4s. Or Mama Mia to be level 6 and the former head of the Freya Familia. Also seems like Syr really is either Freya's daughter or something similar. And with Anya being a level 4 lancer coming from there too.

Also it's pretty funny how Bell somehow manages to land in at least 4 of their strike zones. Ryu and Syr obviously. But also Luniore and Chole. Whose backgrounds are almost as colorful as Ryu. A brutal bounty hunter and a master assassin.

The whole thing makes me think several might be late additions to the Hestia Familia. Especially knowing that the reason their staying there isn't a particularly long term one. So I could see once the Hestia Familia gets more higher leveled Ryu joining and them coming along.
Picked up Volume 12. Loved it.

It's really impressive how much Bell has grown and changed over the last 3 novels. Makes me really want to see this animated. He's a become so much more mature and reliable. With so much more story to tell it makes me wonder what kind of character he could one day become.

Also it's kind of great that the "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" title actually makes sense now. It's pretty impressive that the author managed to work that concept in a dramatic and heroic way.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Upto = Page 60+
=> Annoying! (Sorta)
:oh

Everyone = Bell this, bell that
=> Bell changed! (Sigh!)
:facepalm

Upto = 60-150
So so...
:noworry

150-200
Nice!
:^_^

Mari plot
:zomg

PS:
Best ending!

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another great novel. Bell's definitely becomes more of a heroic figure. Also even more of an unintentional ladies man. Like I suspect after this Lyu is going to in full Kuudere mode. Mari and Cassandra too are already head over heels.

Feel like in this book he already did enough to get him to level 5 and the adventure is just beginning.:hee

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just read the new novel. Quite the brutal journey and epic heroism. At the same time though, some nice progression in the romance department. Even Welf is getting a bit of attention. I like it!