E3 2006 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

E3 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hermie said:
Grand Theft Auto IV! it will feature episodic content, downloaded via Live.
Halo 3!!!
Now that is news :s - the two most succesful series (?) of microsoft both get new incarnations... xbox fanboys must be going insane at the moment ^^

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
using my part time job cash, going to try and buy myself a ps3... and maybe nintendo if I'm a wii bit lucky.... (couldn't help it :p)

but damn, perhaps 900 on just systems????!!!! *sigh*

I want zelda... and I want FF13.... :p

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
well the thing is i hope they will release at the same day worldwide or at least líke sony...which would mean we would get zelda already in english otherwise only japanese people will be lucky again because the rest of the world will wait for another 3-6 months... >.< cant wait for zelda/ff13 and ff13 versus

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
First look on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Think X-Men Legends, only with the entire Marvel Universe. :D

I'm having high hopes for this one, I loved Legends, and the Jedi Knight series (also by Raven)

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hermie has to tell me if this is correct or not ( because i'm lazy )

but

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ( the most and LONGEST anticipated game of the year, - and previous year - stfu with your so-called 2005 Q1 release :mad - impatient Khallyboi here :) ) will be released on the same day as the Wii in TWO DIFFERENT INCARNATIONS -> a Wii version and a GameCube version. Yes! Now i only have to buy 1 game on the Wii's release day!!! :knk

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Khal said:

but

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ( the most and LONGEST anticipated game of the year, - and previous year - stfu with your so-called 2005 Q1 release :mad - impatient Khallyboi here :) ) will be released on the same day as the Wii in TWO DIFFERENT INCARNATIONS -> a Wii version and a GameCube version. Yes! Now i only have to buy 1 game on the Wii's release day!!! :knk
i am really sure that the main reason for delaying zelda was to hype/push the sales of the wii...because if they releasy 2 version now then they also could have released zelda a few months ago....i hate bign for this :/

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
They COULD've released Zelda in november 2005, but they decided to continue working on it, and they made the game even bigger then it already was.

( i suspect htme of shrinking the game to fit on a single disc at first, then inventing a larger type disc and expanding to game :p - like what happened to some previous games for most notably gba )

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Khal said:

but

Dingdingding. :)

This is good news for me the other way around, because now I don't have to get a GC. xD[br]Posted at: May 11, 2006, 05:25:10 AM_________________________________________________Sorry for the lack of updates today, been kinda busy..

But here is the Wii system specs! (not completly official yet)
CPU IBM Broadway 729MHz
Internal Storage 512MB Flash Memory
GPU ATI Hollywood
Optical Disc Drive 8cm GameCube/12cm Wii
Supported Resolution up to 480p
12cm Disc Capacity 4.7GB (single) / 8.5GB (dual)
System Memory Unknown
Memory Expansion 2 SD Memory
Wii Controller Ports Wireless (4 minimum)
Internet Connectivity WiFi 802.11b/g
GameCube Controller Ports 4 Ports
Disc Compatibility GameCube
GameCube Memory Expansion 2 Ports
Downloadable Content NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx
USB 2.0 2 Ports

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hermie said:
This is good news for me the other way around, because now I don't have to get a GC.
You never had to, N-Rev can play GC games...
Err, did i say N-Rev? i meant.... :sweat Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Not if TP was released waaay before, like it originally was going to be. ^^;

Saiga no Ueki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Khal said:

but

It is true and I already posted that:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3745.msg54999#msg54999

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No, i knew you posted that release date thingie, i meant the '"two versions" thingie ^^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
If the system has Final Fantasy, that's the one I'm going for. I could care less about the system itself, it's the games/franchises I really go for ^^

That being said, didn't expect news on FFXIII so soon. AND an expanded version of Legends that includes more of the Marvel universe. Awesome.

But considering how expensive it'll be, I'll probably have to wait two years at least for the price to go down a bit. I'll be busy with graduate school anyway, so probably just as well.

Thanks for keeping us informed Hermie :)

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
E3!!!

So I just got back from E3. I was there both Thursday and Friday. I got to play with the Wii, the line was like 4 hours long, but it was worth it! Zelda is so kickass, everyone needs a Wii - no question. From what I've seen and played, that controller is seriously unbelievable. If I were Sony and Microsoft I'd be seriously worried, because the Wii is just going to OWN.

I played with the PS3 too, and Heavenly Sword is awesome stuff. The PS3 controller is just like the PS2 controller except the L2 and R2 buttons are now triggers - kind of like the xbox triggers in that they bend inward when you press them. I didn't try Warhawk for the motion sensor thing, because I wasn't really interested in that.

I also had a lot of fun playing Capcom's Okami. Anybody who has a PS2 should seriously look into this game - it's just so beautiful. I checked out God of War 2 but I didn't play because it looked like just more of the same and the originally was totally overrated anyways. Plus the line was a little big and my feet were hurting.

I played the new Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS, and that was really fun. After that I waited like 20 minutes on line to play New Super Mario Bros. on the DS, and they gave me a free DS Lite carrying case (even though the DS lite isn't released in the US yet - blatant marketing ploy by Nintendo). That case was too small to fit my regular DS.

Fun fun fun :) - I got some pictures, but I haven't decided if I want to post them yet.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Re: E3!!!

Shinwei said:
Fun fun fun :) - I got some pictures, but I haven't decided if I want to post them yet.
Please do!! :o[br]Posted at: May 13, 2006, 07:55:22 PM_________________________________________________
Shinwei said:
So I just got back from E3. I was there both Thursday and Friday. I got to play with the Wii, the line was like 4 hours long, but it was worth it! Zelda is so kickass, everyone needs a Wii - no question. From what I've seen and played, that controller is seriously unbelievable. If I were Sony and Microsoft I'd be seriously worried, because the Wii is just going to OWN.
Ah, thanks, you told me everything i wanted to know about it but one thing -> how will the controller react in the play-more-then-three-hours test? does it tire your arm to use it for a longer period?

EDIT: Also, i decided last year to get the Wii on release date, and after they announced Zelda for a launch title, i'll get that one :D ( and perhaps camelot's announced rpg, but i havn't checked which one that is yet - my info is about 8 months old :s )[br]Posted at: May 13, 2006, 07:57:51 PM_________________________________________________So, like always, Nintendo is there if you want to have fun ( in new ways ), Sony is there if you want to impress people with your new toy and xbox is there if you want a well-designed machine with a large amount of games available?

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Khal said:
Ah, thanks, you told me everything i wanted to know about it but one thing -> how will the controller react in the play-more-then-three-hours test? does it tire your arm to use it for a longer period?
I wish they let me play for more than three hours. I only got to play for like ~5 minutes with the huge line. Plus I was playing while standing up, and while standing up you really have to pay a lot more attention to handling it. I'd imagine that while you are sitting down, since your arm can be rested on your lap and the entire controller can be operated with just your wrist movements, you probably won't get tired at all. It's another story if you are going to play the Wii sports game, where instead of using the screen-controller sensor, they use the accelerometer sensor, which just detects how fast you are swinging it around.

Khal said:
So, like always, Nintendo is there if you want to have fun ( in new ways ), Sony is there if you want to impress people with your new toy and xbox is there if you want a well-designed machine with a large amount of games available?
Well, Nintendo is there if you want to play Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. That and it's there if you don't have $400-$600 to blow on a new system. Sony is there if you want to play some hardcore action games like Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword, God of War, etc. Also Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. Microsoft is there if you want to play PC-style games on a console.

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway

I hate you. :oh

So, like always, Nintendo is there if you want to have fun ( in new ways ), Sony is there if you want to impress people with your new toy and xbox is there if you want a well-designed machine with a large amount of games available?
I've always seen it as the other way around for PS/XBOX, XB being the "hip and trendy" console, while PS has the big game library.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Hermie said:
I've always seen it as the other way around for PS/XBOX, XB being the "hip and trendy" console, while PS has the big game library.
Well, personally i don't like all that much games for PS, while there are quite a lot on the xbox that i really wanted to see released on my signature console... but i guess that's mostly opinion anyway. most ps-games are just ones that one cannot play for a long time imo... ( as in: fighting and racing games get boring pretty quickly to me, even gta - though that's just one of the games that comes close to perfect - was something i couldn't stay into for a longer period of time... like i could with mario games, zelda and most notably pokemon and advance wars... )

conclusion: myself i prefer nintendo because they have a lot of games i like ( not per se the looks and often childish air, but the gameplay is just pure wootness ) and if there was no ninty i'd go the microsoft way ( people - hating windows is no reason to stay away from an xbox ;) that's something like game-discrimination XD XD XD )

EDIT: People that aren't planning to buy a Wii because of it's current image, just play zelda at a friend's place when it is released before you decide which of the big three to go with ^^ ( unless you're a fanboy that is hopelessly in love with a certain type )
-- that goes for the other two as well btw --

Status
Not open for further replies.