Voting Round 2 - Edward Elric vs. Hatori Sohma | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Edward Elric vs. Hatori Sohma

Who wins?

• Edward Elric

• Hatori Sohma

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Edward Elric
Fullmetal Alchemist
-
Hatori Sohma
Fruits Basket

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with the Husbando from one of my favourite series's.

Juliana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Voting for Hatori here.

Kinda tired of seeing Ed here all the time.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
- ̗̀ The short one ̖́-

Despite his stubbornness and being quick-tempered, Edward is compassionate, kind and can understand the suffer from others; he' gets the angst in people's hearts and will encourage them to move on.
He's loyal to all the people in his life, holding them with him all the time; from his mother, to his little brother, his canon waifu and all the friends he gains in his journey. He believes in equality and has a constant compassion for others.

He would work hard just to see his mom's smile one more time even taking the risks, dedicating all his life to save his little brother and learning from his own mistakes, madurating in the process, and accepting the consequences.

:kappa

Ed is also a passionate of science and alchemy. He likes gaining knowledge, so he's a lover of traveling as well.

He can still be a romantic, even if he isn't the gentleman-husband-type. He's a father of family and would also totally sacriface for his waifu. He can be an all ladies man if he tries.

Really, even officialy Maka Albarn approves him \:lambirb/

He can be an idiotic dork

But also a total love

Vote for the short Red Riding Hood \o/

Last edited:

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Voting for Edward.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Voting for Edward because he's proven himself to be a husbando material.

No idea who Fatori is

Riker

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Voted for Edward.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Even though he ages I still can't vote for a 14 year old. :s

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Going for Edward. Revo-chan is doing a beautiful campaign as always :kissbunny

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Lovely campaign @revo and let me start off by apologizing to you. I've been a terrible opponent but I've been so busy this weekend I've barely had time to myself. But i'm here to fight for my husbando now. I only hope it's not too late :XD

Recap:

Hatori is the Doctor and highly respected member of the cursed Souma family. He was fortunate enough to fall in love with a woman who understood and accepted what he was. Unfortunately the head of the family Akito did not accept that Hatori gave his heart to someone, since he did his best to keep Hatori subservient to him. In Akito’s wrath, Hatori was injured to the point of near blindness and because of the stress of the situation, lost his love because he chose to let her forget him rather than live with the pain of loving him.

The Aftermath

After the situation with Kana, Hatori became even more closed off than before. He actually became a bit of a legend within the family because of this. When he heard that a few of the members of his family brought in an outsider to live with them Hatori was very opposed to it. When he unexpectedly stopped by to check on them, Tohru, the outsider that was now living with them, was warned never to be alone with Hatori. This was out of fear that he would erase her memories of them. Tohru was a little afraid of Hatori because of the stories she heard but that didn’t stop her from trying to get to know him.

After learning his story she doesn’t think he is scary at all and actually sympathizes with his situation. And let’s face it, we all do. Hatori is one of the most misunderstood men in Fruits Basket, but his capacity for love is so huge. He initially tried to get Tohru to disregard what she heard about his past in order to maintain his cold persona, but she was having none of it. At one point while they were talking, she lost her balance and Hatori being the gentleman he is, and despite the consequences, attempted to save her from the awful fall and ended up transforming in front of her.

Hatori noted that Tohru’s reaction was exactly the same as Kana's the first time he changed. In fact a lot of Tohru reminded him of Kana. Not in a creepy projecting way, but he was genuinely surprised at the similarities. Being stuck in his cursed, narrow world seemed to have blinded Hatori to the fact that there are good people in the world outside of his family. This is one of the downsides to the Zodiac curse. Members of the Sohma family have to be careful of outside interactions. It’s the only way to completely guard their secrets. But as Hatori noted how sweet and kind Tohru was, and despite his reluctance, he warmed to her. He accepted her as family so completely that he allowed himself to fall asleep in her presence. This may seem like a small thing, but in reality Hatori is so guarded and cautious around any outsider that he never relaxes around them. So the members of his family all went into shock when they saw him sleep near to her.

This is one moment that proves the kind of person Hatori is. He doesn't cling to his rigid beliefs despite evidence to the contrary. He's open to understanding people as long as they prove they have his family's best interests at heart. Someone with the power Hatori has didn't have to give Tohru a chance. He could have erased her memories no questions asked, but because he allowed himself to see what the others saw, his outlook changed and he actually became something of a big brother to her. Of course, Akito didn't like the fact that yet another woman was having such an effect on members of his family. When Tohru took it upon herself to visit Akito, Hatori was very worried because he remembered what happened with Kana. It turns out he had every reason to be worried because Akito once again attempted to attack someone he considered a threat to his hold on members of the Zodiac. Akito operated under the mantra that if he had to be cursed to suffer as the head of the Sohma family then they all would suffer with him. The outcome here was different though. Hatori didn't stand idly by and let Akito hurt Tohru. He may not have been in love with her like he was with Kana, but he still cared enough about her that he could not stand there and let Akito have his way. It shocked Akito that Hatori of all persons would stand up to him, considering what had happened before, but they managed to get Tohru away from Akito before any serious damage could be done.

I think this is the moment Hatori realized that he didn't have to let the past control him so completely, and that if he tried, he could still attain some measure of happiness.

to be continued.....

Status
Not open for further replies.