Games - Elden Ring | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Elden Ring

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I'm disappointed a thread for this hadn't been made yet :nah. @Lobo @SirSamuel016 @xi0 Where art thou?

The trailers for the game looks sick. I'm very interested in a game that combines Martin's world/lore with Miyazaki's game design and direction. Plus, the open world aspect makes me really excited. I think this game will quite easily surpass Dark Souls.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm disappointed a thread for this hadn't been made yet :nah. @Lobo @SirSamuel016 @xi0 Where art thou?

The trailers for the game looks sick. I'm very interested in a game that combines Martin's world/lore with Miyazaki's game design and direction. Plus, the open world aspect makes me really excited. I think this game will quite easily surpass Dark Souls.
I've been replaying Dark Souls 3 and putting off finishing Remastered for the first time :feelsgoodman

Super keen for Elden Ring

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
I've been replaying Dark Souls 3 and putting off finishing Remastered for the first time :feelsgoodman

Super keen for Elden Ring
Broooo, I am replaying DS3 right now too lol. Currently finished the base game, now I'm in Ariandel. I hate this place but really stoked for fighting Friede, she's an epic fight. And you really should finish DS1! It may be a bit dated but its still a very good game.

Btw, did you hear about the 16 minute gameplay trailer they showed a few days ago? It's not public, but a few channels like VaatiVidya have made a video about it.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Broooo, I am replaying DS3 right now too lol. Currently finished the base game, now I'm in Ariandel. I hate this place but really stoked for fighting Friede, she's an epic fight. And you really should finish DS1! It may be a bit dated but its still a very good game.

Btw, did you hear about the 16 minute gameplay trailer they showed a few days ago? It's not public, but a few channels like VaatiVidya have made a video about it.
DS Remastered feels jank to me seeing I started with 3, but I love 3! Beaten it all including all the DLC, currently in Ringed City and up to Yhorm in New Game+ :) Big sword go swing. Beating the Dreg Heap Demon Brothers/Demon Prince first try in NG+ was crazy, ended up exchanging finishing blows with it and dying but I got the soul so we did it :)))

Hoping Elden Ring will play like Dark Souls 3, clean smooth combat which is super fun. If they have some Sekiro deflecting in there too then that'll be doubly sweet imo.

By the way, join me on a quest to overthrow the normies in the Waifu Wars :kappa Vote Musashi, and I'll do you a favour, like beat Dark Souls Remastered for you (on my twitch stream even) 😉

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Btw, speaking of Dark Souls (getting off-topic I know lmao), I made a tier ranking all the bosses in the series. What do you think of it?

Dark Souls Boss Ranking

DS Remastered feels jank to me seeing I started with 3, but I love 3! Beaten it all including all the DLC, currently in Ringed City and up to Yhorm in New Game+ :) Big sword go swing. Beating the Dreg Heap Demon Brothers/Demon Prince first try in NG+ was crazy, ended up exchanging finishing blows with it and dying but I got the soul so we did it :)))

Hoping Elden Ring will play like Dark Souls 3, clean smooth combat which is super fun. If they have some Sekiro deflecting in there too then that'll be doubly sweet imo.

By the way, join me on a quest to overthrow the normies in the Waifu Wars :kappa Vote Musashi, and I'll do you a favour, like beat Dark Souls Remastered for you (on my twitch stream even) 😉
Yeah, that is understandable. If you've played 3 first, it can be hard to go back to 1 since the combat is very slow but imo that's why in DS1 every step counts and you have to be more methodical and conservative when it comes to your movement.

Elden Ring is definitely going to be smoother gameplay since it's going to be Fromsoft's biggest project to date and AFAIK, they've been working on it since 2017. I don't think we need to worry about the combat at all, Fromsoft has proven again and again that the combat is amazing in every game of theirs. But yes, I would also love much more fluid and motional combat like Sekiro's.

And sure thing :XD it's a promise though :p.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Btw, speaking of Dark Souls (getting off-topic I know lmao), I made a tier ranking all the bosses in the series. What do you think of it?

Dark Souls Boss Ranking

Yeah, that is understandable. If you've played 3 first, it can be hard to go back to 1 since the combat is very slow but imo that's why in DS1 every step counts and you have to be more methodical and conservative when it comes to your movement.

Elden Ring is definitely going to be smoother gameplay since it's going to be Fromsoft's biggest project to date and AFAIK, they've been working on it since 2017. I don't think we need to worry about the combat at all, Fromsoft has proven again and again that the combat is amazing in every game of theirs. But yes, I would also love much more fluid and motional combat like Sekiro's.

And sure thing :XD it's a promise though :p.
From what I've played, I agree with most of it :nod Gael is GOATed

Yeah, the clunkiness makes me regret my choice of thief :XD As my best dude is a knight in DS3 maybe I'll try magic in Remastered 🤔

Aye, it's exciting to say the least :P

Aye, if you've seen my schtick on discord you'll know where to find the channel 😉

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
You guys might want to check this out :

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is really sick :

Unfortunately, we already know what the main menu is going to be like from the director's tweet. Just a classic black background with the 'Elden Ring' text lol. I wish From Software had better main menus.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Just another short leaked gameplay video of Elden Ring. It's only 27 seconds long and was apparently according to the leaker, it was recorded on an older build of the Xbox One (not Series X or S) and was done so using external tools, which is why the quality appears even lower :

Despite that though, I'd say graphical fidelity has never been FromSoftware's thing but their art style has always been amazing IMO.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You guys might want to check this out :

This is really sick :

Unfortunately, we already know what the main menu is going to be like from the director's tweet. Just a classic black background with the 'Elden Ring' text lol. I wish From Software had better main menus.

Just another short leaked gameplay video of Elden Ring. It's only 27 seconds long and was apparently according to the leaker, it was recorded on an older build of the Xbox One (not Series X or S) and was done so using external tools, which is why the quality appears even lower :

Despite that though, I'd say graphical fidelity has never been FromSoftware's thing but their art style has always been amazing IMO.
I am fully erect

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Look at what your boner did

The tweet isn't loading for me but if it is the one which shows Elden Ring getting delayed, well on the plus side they get to polish it further. :XD

@SirSamuel016 @Lobo Gameplay preview is out and it looks AWESOME :

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
@SirSamuel016 @Lobo 48 days to go :feelsgoodman

23 days to go. :feelsgoodman

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Started this up tonight for a few hours. Went with the Wretch starting class. Something is very enjoyable about starting my grim fantasy adventure running around trying to find pants.

I think I may try to play a more magic-y character than I usually do. I have a tendancy to go sword and board in souls type games but this feels like a game that is going to tempt to mix it up a little.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Started this up tonight for a few hours. Went with the Wretch starting class. Something is very enjoyable about starting my grim fantasy adventure running around trying to find pants.

I think I may try to play a more magic-y character than I usually do. I have a tendancy to go sword and board in souls type games but this feels like a game that is going to tempt to mix it up a little.
How is the performance? Haven't started the game yet, but it's getting pounded pretty heavily on Steam regarding that

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seemed fine on my modest rig. Frame rate wasn't super high but nothing too bad that I noticed.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Seemed fine on my modest rig. Frame rate wasn't super high but nothing too bad that I noticed.
What were your specs again? I think you mentioned having a 2060 before, but I forget

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
How is the performance? Haven't started the game yet, but it's getting pounded pretty heavily on Steam regarding that
I only got till the starting zone (Limgrave) to test my performance and personally for me performance is bad, then again I have an old rig (Ryzen 3-1200, 8GB RAM and GTX 1050...yeah, its yikes) but I still can run 30 FPS @ 1080p and High Preset. But yeah, PC port seems to be badly optimized since I've heard so many talks of stuttering and frame drops. Hope Fromsoft patches it soon.

Anyways, I'm also considering starting with a Wretch, or maybe a Prisoner for RP'ing purposes. How's your experience so far? @Jammin

Where art thou? @SirSamuel016 @Lobo

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I only got till the starting zone (Limgrave) to test my performance and personally for me performance is bad, then again I have an old rig (Ryzen 3-1200, 8GB RAM and GTX 1050...yeah, its yikes) but I still can run 30 FPS @ 1080p and High Preset. But yeah, PC port seems to be badly optimized since I've heard so many talks of stuttering and frame drops. Hope Fromsoft patches it soon.

Anyways, I'm also considering starting with a Wretch, or maybe a Prisoner for RP'ing purposes. How's your experience so far? @Jammin

Where art thou? @SirSamuel016 @Lobo
Fun so far. I only dipped my toe in the waters last night but it seems a bit easier than the usual souls game at the start. I'd recommend wretch.

And my rig is an old i5 and a 2060 KO with 16gigs of RAM (on the PC itself not gpu ram). All hard drives are sold state. On all high settings I got a consistent 30fps or above at 1080. I'll turn turn some settings down to get that up a bit when tweak guides start coming out so I know which settings don't matter as much.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

It seems like the Day 1 patch might have made performance much worse compared to the copy most people reviewed

And my rig is an old i5 and a 2060 KO with 16gigs of RAM (on the PC itself not gpu ram). All hard drives are sold state. On all high settings I got a consistent 30fps or above at 1080. I'll turn turn some settings down to get that up a bit when tweak guides start coming out so I know which settings don't matter as much.
Out of curiosity, how old is the i5? Slower single core clock speeds tends to be what is most important for CPUs. My 6800K is usually what holds me back from better performance with newer games these days, as it's more of a multi-tasking oriented CPU.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
i5-6500. I'm CPU bound typically as well. I do intend to upgrade soonish if PC parts are ever reasonably priced again but it seems to handle Elden Ring ok.

When I do I'm definitely picking a motherboard with more M.2 slots. Those drives make a big difference.

By the way, little tip for anybody playing Wretch.

If you're wondering where to get gear early on, you'll encounter a bunch of Knight mob enemies right around the area you start. If you kill enough of them they drop their gear. I've gotten a helm, armor, pants, and a sword all just from them alone. And the sword doesn't have any big skill point requirements so it's perfect.

I take back what I said about Elden Ring being easy. It WAS easy. Then I hit the first big boss and he is a son of a bitch. I hate him, like I hate that first Bloodborne boss on that bridge at the beginning.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
i5-6500. I'm CPU bound typically as well. I do intend to upgrade soonish if PC parts are ever reasonably priced again but it seems to handle Elden Ring ok.

When I do I'm definitely picking a motherboard with more M.2 slots. Those drives make a big difference.

By the way, little tip for anybody playing Wretch.

If you're wondering where to get gear early on, you'll encounter a bunch of Knight mob enemies right around the area you start. If you kill enough of them they drop their gear. I've gotten a helm, armor, pants, and a sword all just from them alone. And the sword doesn't have any big skill point requirements so it's perfect.

I take back what I said about Elden Ring being easy. It WAS easy. Then I hit the first big boss and he is a son of a bitch. I hate him, like I hate that first Bloodborne boss on that bridge at the beginning.
Margit, right? Yep, he is a WALL. Really need to grind up before facing him.

More like Margitgud.