Discussion - Emperor Time (Spoilers) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Emperor Time (Spoilers)

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Kurapika noted that his Emperor of Time ability steals one hour of his life per second of use, which begs the question:

How much time has been stolen from him?

We know that 12 hours have been consumed while he blacked out and had Stealth Dolphin in use.
60 (seconds) x 60 (mins) = 3600 seconds per hour
Seconds = Hours
3600 x 12 (hours) = 43 200

Therefore, he had 43 200 hours stolen from him during those 12 hours.

43 200 / 24 (hours per day) = 1800 days stolen

1800 /365 (days in year)= 4.9 years
--------------
3600 seconds per hour
Seconds = hours
3600 hours/ 24 (days) = 150 days

Therefore, twelve hours of using this Emperor Time steals approximately five years of his life. One hour of usage means approximately five months is stolen.

Now that we have a template, we can explore and predict the exact amount of time that has been stolen from Kurapika. We know that he has used it in the Phantom Arc and he could have used it while obtaining those eyes. In order to determine the time, we have start from the beginning.

How much time has been stolen before the Dark Continent arc?
Training before Yorknew (????) (I'm guessing a few hours but most of his training wasn't with his eyes being red)
Battle with Uvogin (??? maybe 30 mins at most?) [150 / 2 = 75 days stolen?]
September 4 he started using his ability from I believe 8pm - midnight on and off (3 hours?) [150 days x 3 = 450 days or 1.2 years?]
10 eyes are recovered in chapter 339. (???) (If he used one hour per eye that would mean 1500 days or 4.1 years?)

75 + 450 + 1500 = 2025 /365 (days year) = 5.5 years

I believe it's safe to say that Kurapika has had at least 10.5 years stolen from him at the time of his black out in chapter 368, not including his training. So if his lifespan was 70 years he still has many years left in him.

Feel free to make any corrections!!! :)

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thanks for the calculations.
Yes, right now, i think kurapika has enough time left ot lead a satisfying life (just not to very old age).
If he was healthy before, he could still get to 70 or so (while in HxH, we know some people can get very old, so mb peek can get even older).

However, we do not know how much training he did and how often he had to abuse the scarlet eyes.
Also, if he ever faces a similar situation as he was in before, for example with an ability he has an even harder time to get rid off, his lifetime can fall apart really quickly.

What are 12 hours? He might just aswell have an ability he is stuck with for 3 days if he is unlucky.