Theory - Eren had some power even without Titans and his visions. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Eren had some power even without Titans and his visions.

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Those who know a few things about the anime also know that Isayama is working hand in hand with WIT.
We get some new scenes that were not in the manga and the one that I feel has never been truly discussed is the extended dream sequence right in episode 1.

In the manga, all we had was this.

This has been puzzling the fans for quite a while and the answer seems still far off.
However, this scene was completely REMOVED in the anime and instead we got different glimpses of moments that pass very fast.

The first one is this.

Looks nice outside the shit quality. Nothing eventful but it makes me wonder, what is this place and why does Eren dream of it? As, I dont remember ever seeing this windmill.
Looks almost beautiful.
Then in a split of second, this happens.

Turns into a nightmare.

It gets really puzzling from here on out. And creepy.

This seems to be a general of sorts or at least someone in a high position. His head and leg got mangled.
Question bothering me is, this uniform looks nothing like within the walls. And who is this?
This seems more like Victorian Era.

Then we have what seems to be a bed of a child.

The odd thing here, are those symbols in the back. This looks almost nomadic.

But, a very important thing about this dream is that Eren saw his mother die, before it happened.
Now remember that Kruger had this futuristic memory too about Mikasa and Armin.
The funny thing is the manga version certainly is of crucial importance cause Eren ponders about Mikasa's hair.
We also have a major topic of glimpses into the past and wih Kruger also into the future.

There must be some meaning behind these but the main question at hand is:
How can Eren do this without the coordinate? If you remember, Grisha killed the Reiss and sacrificed himself at later point.
And yet, Eren is having these visions. Even if you dont consider the anime scenes, the manga has this Mikasa dream that has left people puzzling, especially with a title of "To you in 2000 years".

Last edited:

Quick6r

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, this is a long shot but new revelations about the titan powers are still being revealed. Perhaps it's another trait that hasn't been told yet, we know that the titan abilities have somewhat 'mystical' abilities, for example, if a shifter dies that titan power will manifest in another Elodian. Or as we just found out, the power will inexplicably pass down to that shifters offspring. Titan shifters are linked somehow through time and space, so I don't think it's too farfetched to say that a shifter could have visions before they actually become a shifter. If the owl can have memories of the future, why wouldn't it work both ways? Just the fact that he would become a shifter a some point in his life probably allowed him to have a link to the shifters before and after him, but yea like he has the coordinate so i'm sure there are forces acting upon him that we have yet to understand.

As far as the visions, maybe they tie into this scene from the end credits(i'm trying to upload the photos now..)

downright

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
The narrator/Armin is telling a story as if it was something that already hapenned, 2k years ago. Mine is that he never dreamt of this when he first time awoke , only next xx times.
Titan shifters are linked somehow through time and space, so I don't think it's too farfetched to say that a shifter could have visions before they actually become a shifter
Why do we have to think it's shifter, Eldians are connected with invisible path's. Shifter only may get a better use of the path's.
Where are the photos :)

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I don't think it has anything to do with Eren, because Eren isn't "special" in that aspect.

Eren is an Eldian and, like all other Eldians, he is connected through the Paths, and that's it.

Therefore, he can receive memories at any given time, sent to him by the Coordinate user, which is also what happened with Kruger.

I don't think there's any real point to the imagery in the anime, as to why they decided to leave out the "dream" scene in the manga? Probably because giving a speaking role to "see you later, Eren" would definitely spoil the identity of the character, I guess.

Quick6r

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are the screenshots I mentioned earlier. It's another long shot but I feel like the design on the curtains in your last photo are similar to those worn by the people in these shots. There was also a crib with toys and here we see three young children eating mangled flesh, seemingly against their wills. There could also be some sort of connection between the mangled bodies from each of the shots.. Once again, it's a long shot but maybe theres something to be discovered, either way this part from the credits completely baffles me. Nothing we see in this show is by chance and i'm sure it will all be explained in time.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I heard a good argument once that these are Sina, Rosa and Maria. Not that it fits with anything, but it can't be no one else.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Becose i never seen any other "three girls".. We have SNM story to be filled in yet. I'd say they are eating a relative becose the tears, but if they really did it i don't think so.. seems like some painters work who imagened history this way..

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it is plausible that the memory transfer is simply not perfect and things can get jumbled a bit when accessing the memories of past users. So the bit with eren was just a future holder of the coordinate looking into eren's memories. And the bit with eren remembering kruger was simply mixed up memories compensating. Otherwise the implication would be that the coordinate not only gives people access to memories but rather it connects people across time and space and occasionally they will be able to peek into the memories of future holders.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Otherwise the implication would be that the coordinate not only gives people access to memories but rather it connects people across time and space and occasionally they will be able to peek into the memories of future holders.
Pretty sure that's what's actually happening.

I've seen my share of people saying that Eren "confused" memories but there's absolutely no indication of this.

downright

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Disagree, coordinate should have nothing to do with time, and by that i mean invisible path's, Invisible path's transcend memories and will trough space, loopholes and never time at all. The only will that would pass trough loophole is First King's will.