Predictions - Escanor may be able to fight Chandler | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Escanor may be able to fight Chandler

GreedHunt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
(Before anything else I want to point out this is my first thread and that I'm not a native English speaker. I think everything is in order but if it isn't I will try to fix it. Note that this is heavily based on assumptions so you could say it's almost a baseless prediction and I would agree).

This is something that I just realized and that I really did not think about before. We know that Chandler can create a fake night, which at first just seems like the perfect counter for Escanor.

However...think about it for a momment. Back on the old Holy War, the demon side had Meliodas, the strongest demon except probably his father. The goddes side had Mael who was probably the strongest archangel as well (For the sake of the discussion we will assume he was at the very least strong enough to face Meliodas on his own without having to use The One. I know there is nothing supporting that but let me explain).

We know Meliodas could use Assault Mode without any apparent drawbacks. On that state he is a monster of 142k, able to easily defeat Escanor except when he uses The One, which is limited to a ridiculously specific time. On top of that, we know his Commandment was Love. This makes him even more dangerous since people like Ludociel would probably not be able to fight him at all.

Now, enter Mael. Let's suppose that he was somehow a lot stronger than Escanor (Again, this is purely hypothetical and I'm not saying it was the case at all). Strong enough to be able to face Meliodas, even strong enough to maybe be a threat for him. Not only would he have to be really powerful, but he should manage to not feel hate against Meliodas... and be able to counter Chandler. Think about it, who would be able to defeat the Meliodas and Cusack duo if they fought together?

I really don't see why the two clans were in a war in the first place if one of them had such a ridiculously OP duo. At least, not a really long war. In order to have any chance the Goddes clan should learn how to deal not only with the extremely powerful Meliodas of Love but also with Chandler who would make Mael pretty much useless. Of course you could say that Chandler didn't actually fight in the battlefield or something like that, but ideally wouldn't him and Meliodas team up to easily destroy any enemy on their path? If that is the case, why were the Goddess not scared of Chandler too? He doesn't only have abilities like Absolute Order or Absolute Cancel, he can make Mael useless while the other three Archangels would have to be careful to not became useless themselves against Meliodas.

Mael however must had been able to at least fight Chandler, since it was after his death that his clan decided to seal the demons away. If he was really powerless every time Chandler was on the battlefield it would not have been such a huge waste. Sure, Meliodas betrayed the demons but after that he died, yet it wasn't until Mael died that the goddess were forced to seal the demons. This means that that they thought "at least we still have Mael, so we have a chance".

We have been told that they feared Meliodas, but I don't see them not fearing his master as well... unless Mael could somehow ignore Chandler's night. Now I know what you are thinking, that would be BS, and it would make the entire point of that ability totally useless despite Nakaba probably introducing it to make the demons a threat to even Escanor in the first place. However, I think that Nakaba simply didn't plan ahead, like everything else concerning Chandler and Cusack. Otherwise I find it hard to believe the demon and goddess clan were really supposed to be equal. Sure, there are other factors in a war beyond which side is overall stronger, but so far the goddess have only shown to have the Archangels and Elizabeth as their truly powerful entities (we saw that Nerobasta was barely a threat for Derieri). However the demon clan had Meliodas of the Love, the ten commandments, Zeldris, and the two masters. Unless I'm missing something, it seems poorly balanced.

So what is my point exactly? I think that if Escanor ever fights Chandler he will just be able to ignore his night ability for enough time to kick his ass. It will probably be a BS explanation but I personally would not be surprised because as I mentioned it's possible that Nakaba will just use the excuse that Mael could ignore it as well. So yeah, I'm predicting that we will get BS soon. Kinda weird in a way.

What do you think? Did I miss something and the Goddess actually had something to fight back the demons? Did Chandler and Meliodas simply never teamed up? Am I overthinking it? Will Chandler simply never meet Escanor?

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I really hope that's not the case because the BS would be over 9000. My guess is that Merlin or Ludo will have a spell like True Day or something like that to nullify Chandler's spell so in this way Escanor can fight.

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think Escanor can overpower Chandler's True Night by himself. He might be able to do what he did against Drole and Gloxinia, but even then his power was 28,800, too low to harm Chandler, who should be very well above 50k.

With Merlin's help, it's another story. If Escanor were to manifest a Cruel Sun, however small, and have Merlin use Infinity on it to empower it and make it last, it could work as a surrogate sun of sorts. Nothing like late morning, obviously. I dunno about Ludociel. Can he do the opposite of Chandler? We don't know for now.

Bøjan

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Untill proven otherwise Escanor/Mael have no counter against True Night. Also Escanor using Rhitta for extra power at night is nowhere near enough to harm Chandler.

Zeldris-sama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I do not think it's fair that Chandler was beaten by Escanor & Merlin and even forgot about me, there's still a mysterious Cusack ....
I think the fight will happen =
1. Zeldris VS Ludhosel+Gil (I have to fight hard : D )
2. Chandler VS Escanor (I think Escanor is in trouble)
3. Cusack VS Merlin (only this balanced fight, to avenge the death of ARTHUR)
then what Hendi did .... watch maybe, LOL. (It's a mystery why Ludo took him)

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I really hope that's not the case because the BS would be over 9000. My guess is that Merlin or Ludo will have a spell like True Day or something like that to nullify Chandler's spell so in this way Escanor can fight.

If merlin had as spell so powerful why she didn't casted it before?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain