Discussion - Escanor | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Shadowlord123 what do you think about our boy Wild in full throttle mode vs. Escanor One Ultimate? I think it's a lot closer than many would think. Only thing that doesn't make sense is Escanor lasted in his form a lot longer than Wild did. You'd think a purgatory beast would have larger life force.

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Shadowlord123 what do you think about our boy Wild in full throttle mode vs. Escanor One Ultimate? I think it's a lot closer than many would think. Only thing that doesn't make sense is Escanor lasted in his form a lot longer than Wild did. You'd think a purgatory beast would have larger life force.
Classic Nakaba logic. A half death fodder human seemingly has more life force than one of the most if not the most powerful and nearly immortal Purgatory beast :catshrug

Jokes aside, I also think it's a pretty close fight. Assuming both don't have a time limit (because Wild not even lasts one second, lmao) I still think Escanor takes it. He overpowered a stronger version of the DK (if statements mean something still) in a physical confrontation. Wild also overpowered Purgatory DK for the time he was trasformed but the DK didn't have the intention to fight him at all, he was more worried about Mel escaping. Otherwise, I don't think he would have performed as well as he did. Nonetheless to hurt and slightly push back the DK is still an impressive feat that tends to be overlooked. I think Escanor has the slight edge when it comes to physical strength and versatility, but Wild probably is more experienced and faster. Both should have similar durability. Overall for me Escanor takes it since he also has shown more, but solid high diff.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Classic Nakaba logic. A half death fodder human seemingly has more life force than one of the most if not the most powerful and nearly immortal Purgatory beast :catshrug

Jokes aside, I also think it's a pretty close fight. Assuming both don't have a time limit (because Wild not even lasts one second, lmao) I still think Escanor takes it. He overpowered a stronger version of the DK (if statements mean something still) in a physical confrontation. Wild also overpowered Purgatory DK for the time he was trasformed but the DK didn't have the intention to fight him at all, he was more worried about Mel escaping. Otherwise, I don't think he would have performed as well as he did. Nonetheless to hurt and slightly push back the DK is still an impressive feat that tends to be overlooked. I think Escanor has the slight edge when it comes to physical strength and versatility, but Wild probably is more experienced and faster. Both should have similar durability. Overall for me Escanor takes it since he also has shown more, but solid high diff.
Fully agree. Funny thing is at the time we saw Wild in full throttle, you could argue he was only behind the gods and Mel with OG magic. Then Nakaba handed out bs power ups like Oprah with gifts.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Just imagine a High Noon Mael sacrificing his insane goddess life force to further boost him to extreme levels................

Nakaba : Who?

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Just imagine a High Noon Mael sacrificing his insane goddess life force to further boost him to extreme levels................

Nakaba : Who?
lol..imagine ban doing this stuff just after he got out of purgatory before he lost immortality..the one with most life force and

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Imagine if the DK did this kind of stuff. If the life force of a half death fodder human can do this much, imagine the life force of an immortal God. Imagine what the majority of the characters of this series would be capable of if they did such thing. Geez, Nakaba is way too bias with the protagonists.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Escanor's power increased so much by life force sacrifice is because he was burning his life force along with sunshine which gave an insane boost than Normal. Sunshine was Amplifying his life force sacrifice power to extreme levels

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Escanor's power increased so much by life force sacrifice is because he was burning his life force along with sunshine which gave an insane boost than Normal. Sunshine was Amplifying his life force sacrifice power to extreme levels
Incorrect. Sunshine was taking away his life force and slowly killing him. He pretty much had terminal cancer from the grace yet supposedly had enough to ''empower'' a God's power.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Incorrect. Sunshine was taking away his life force and slowly killing him. He pretty much had terminal cancer from the grace yet supposedly had enough to ''empower'' a God's power.
Yeah whatever life force he had he totally burnt it along with sunshine without restricting it

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Yeah whatever life force he had he totally burnt it along with sunshine without restricting it
so you're implying that Sun grace is gone forever and thus stating that the slim chance of escanor's return (from Q&A regarding grace can one day revive wielder) is gone as well...NICE!..

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
so you're implying that Sun grace is gone forever and thus stating that the slim chance of escanor's return (from Q&A regarding grace can one day revive wielder) is gone as well...NICE!..
Yeah the sun grace totally went up with him as we saw, so yes we have a chance of seeing Escanor's return in the final battle(if gonna happen) along with Archangels Or in the sequel

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Maybe for just one week. But as long as he is alive, I won't change my avatar lol.
Right now, his presence is one of the three main reasons why I CAN wait for Escanor's return.
What? How Cath Palug is related to Escanor?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm pretty sure the Sun Grace isn't gone for good or destroyed since it survived presumably 3000 years of existence without a proper host.

It probably returned to heaven or remains attached to Escanor's spirit.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I'm pretty sure the Sun Grace isn't gone for good or destroyed since it survived presumably 3000 years of existence without a proper host.

It probably returned to heaven or remains attached to Escanor's spirit.
I'd like to think the opposite..since he was using up remaining lifeforce which is soul ..( Demons gain magic back because they ate souls i.e their life force ) and his soul contains sunshine (no doubts on that as it's the reason mela was burned as she was ) so when he burns through his life force he is essentially burning up his grace as well and hence his soul and grace are gone for good.

This would explain why mael didn't do reincarnation spell as reincarnation needs a soul ..(derieri and oslow died normally unlike escanor) and also the powerup of Escanor's One Ultimate and why it stayed that long when escanor's human life force itself was weak...
if u ask why mael didn't get mad when the grace was abused in such a way for one man's personal reason...the ans is Mael doesn't care ..it's pretty clear from ch 297 and he only regained it to save the sins upon escanor's request.

yes..This is my headcanon and i don't find any fault in this unless nakaba brings back escanor in any shape or form...

Ann Firestar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
That’s kind of strange, how the most powerful of all sins, always felt the most “mortal” of all of them.
Get me right! I’m sad because of Escanor’s death, but I’ve always had a feeling that all his story line ( Of classic Shakespeare character ) led to his death.
I’ve had this feeling with me from his first appearance in the main story. He is the only sin that actually aged. ( There is a reason for reviling his character first in a side story, but not the main one. ) We first saw him in his 20’s, young and naive. But then we get introduced to his older, wiser version. He knows how to control his powers, he knows what he wants and what he can or can’t do. He was acting like this is his final story arc, like he already learned almost all lessons.

It’s actually pretty funny how we get to know him last, but we know him most. Escanor is the type of character that you know nothing about, but still know every thing you need to know. ( Like an open book, you know? ) For exaple Merlin is like opposite side of the coin. We know many details about her past and character, but we know nothing about her. ( At least for me it looks like, every time I start to finaly understand what is going on inside her head, she pulls up another plot twist and again I don’t understand a thing abought her and what’s her motive. ( It may be only my problem. )

Also he always was the most “humane”, simple in a good way. ( There is a reason for him beeing one of the most relatable of all sins. ) I’m not talking about race but about feels that character gives to the reader. If we talking about race, Ban never felt humane for me. From the begining he felt god like, to far from reach. ( I truly felt bad for Jericho even considering she was a bad guy at the time. ) And even now, after losing his immortality, he still feels the same. ( But for a different reasons )
What I’m trying to say is, the subplot of nnt is to become “human” instead of “monster” they became because of their sins.

And that’s the thing with Escanor! He already atoned his sin, even before actually joining sins. And in his gaiden, we get to see exactly this moment!
When he meets sins for the first time, he is fully shure that the only end he truly deserves is a painful death. (Escanor never actually did anything truly bad, but he convinced himself that he is indeed a “monster”) He is afraid of himself, and death for him is an escape from this fear, but his day self interpreter this like he is the only one truly powerful and others are weak and pitiful.

But after, Meliodas shows (and by showing I mean, beating this thought in him) Escanor that he is mortal, but this life not his to throw it away. He still alive only because Rosa saved him.

And he changed! Now he see that his life is parts of others. And he changed his ultimate goal, now it is to not waste life that Rosa gifted him. Escanor is aimed at protection of his friends and loved one.

And right after he understood that, he got to see Rosa, one last time. With this new understanding he truly became “human” instead of arrogant “monster” he thought he was. But all humans are mortal…
I believe that death is not the end of his story. It is a opportunity to change his character again, to the new understanding of himself and life. This death is a reboot, of some sort. All time Escanor was a giver, he gave all he got to others (especially Merlin) but never really received anything… And as I said in my theory post on tumblr (Theory)
When If he come back, he will be the one who will be receiving care and love of the others. But he still need to learn how to do so. But at least pride is no longer trouble on his way.
(I don't know how to put pictures in here, so this is a link to my tumblr post here)

Last edited:

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Escanor had a weakness & set power scale though

Mel just kept getting power boosts when it was convenient and what makes it wired is he had AM & the power to break the curses the entire time
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I personally like Arthur’s character and set up but it would’ve been nice if we got hints and pieces of his magic power before it was revealed

Nakaba clearly set it up but didn’t build it up properly due to nonsense

Yeah he had a weakness and a set power scale that did absolutely nothing to balancing him though.

Like what was the point of been weak during night when no one from his enemies lived to go through the night?

Like most of his fights were done during the day and on top on that he could store sun power within rhitta which made the whole
night weakness total useless because all he had to do was use that store up power from rhitta which by the way somehow rhittas capacity seemed to
be kinda .... unlimited or something

Also during the day was literally invisible and somehow his attacks could even deal a lot of damage to the dk... somehow like we seriously have panels that in his pre-peak mode his attacks were penetrating the demon kings body and one thing is an attack to be strong enough to deal lesser injury like light wounds or heavy wounds but for his attacks to actually penetrate the whole body structure and come right from the other side creating a hole...
That's a huge deal if you ask me.

Last edited:

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
From my long experince with Shounen series. It's common knowledge that the mc of most Shounen series are the strongest in their group. Sure there are times when someone stronger than the mc joins their group, but when that happens the mc gains a power up or two. Meliodas is no diffrent from any Shounen mc in terms of that cliche.

Nakaba is just a bad writer who didn't know how to make Meliodas more powerful than Escanor in a well written way. Nakaba just doesn't know how to properly balance his protagonists. It's why Arthur is as powerful as he is now
and why antagonists who should be powerful like the Demon King and Cath got stomped twice.

I'm just so disappointed in this fight cause I thought that Cath was going to do more than genjutsu the Sins, maybe pull off some more crazy and chaotic stuff but nope. This is just as bad if not worse than the second Demon King fight.
Just one more thing, cliche is different from rule, so Nakaba did not have to, he was stupid enough to introduce a rare protagonist, and continue with the common norms and cliche. It's Nakaba's fault for not having a good long term plan for a good initial idea.
Right now, Escanor is not but a shallow pointless walking dues ex machina though. So there are better resons to hate him than your Had To argument.

Last edited:

Zahvix

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Assault Mode Meliodas was already more powerful than The One Escanor, what was the need for butterfly god mode nishishi destroyer Meliodas? Was Escanor the reason for Mel's development at the end of purgatory arc as well?

And now that Arthur is too powerfull, does Nakaba have to make Meliodas stronger than Arthur Using yet another asspull?
Assult Mode Meliodas being stronger than Escanor in Noon Mode wasn't revealed until long after Escanor beat him and after the Demon King was beaten. Prior to that, God Mode Meliodas was most likely Nakaba's way of making Meliodas stronger than Escanor before he decided to screw logic and say Assult Mode Mel > Noon Escanor.

No Nakaba isn't going to make Meliodas stronger than Arthur. The manga is almost done and there's no way he can make Meliodas stronger than Arthur unless he somehow gets rid of Arthur's Chaos powers. Not like it'll do him any good after what Arthur did to Cath here. Plus Arthur isn't part of the Sins, so there's no reason for Meliodas to be stronger than Arthur.

Just one more thing, cliche is different from rule, so Nakaba did not have to, he was stupid enough to introduce a rare protagonist, and continue with the common norms and cliche. It's Nakaba's fault for not having a good long term plan for a good initial idea.
Right now, Escanor is not but a shallow pointless walking dues ex machina though. So there are better resons to hate him than your Had To argument.
Did I say I hate Escanor? No, so why the assumption? I said that he's the reason why Nakaba kept having Meliodas and co jumping in power even though it was ridiculous. Nakaba didn't have to make Escanor as powerful as he was and use him to screw over the main antagonists of the Ten Commandments arc, but he did. Like I said before Nakaba doesn't know how to properly balance his protagonists and that didn't start till Escanor showed up. But this chapter isn't about him

Last edited:

Kellanved

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
From my long experince with Shounen series. It's common knowledge that the mc of most Shounen series are the strongest in their group. Sure there are times when someone stronger than the mc joins their group, but when that happens the mc gains a power up or two. Meliodas is no diffrent from any Shounen mc in terms of that cliche.

Nakaba is just a bad writer who didn't know how to make Meliodas more powerful than Escanor in a well written way. Nakaba just doesn't know how to properly balance his protagonists. It's why Arthur is as powerful as he is now
and why antagonists who should be powerful like the Demon King and Cath got stomped twice.

I'm just so disappointed in this fight cause I thought that Cath was going to do more than genjutsu the Sins, maybe pull off some more crazy and chaotic stuff but nope. This is just as bad if not worse than the second Demon King fight.
Whole Escanor problem is more about not using the said weakness enough properly than Escanor being OP. Escanor was useless for 12 hours. It´s dumb from Nakaba not let demons attack only at Night especially when night power ups them.
Meliodas never had to be OP or stronger than Escanor if Nakaba would write it better than he would left it at Escanor is stronger during day, Meliodas during night. Perfectly balanced as all things should be :)

But in the end it was his massive obsession with Meliodas and Demon Clan in general. How Demon Clan did not stomp all other races in like five minutes when they had 10 commadments, Meliodas and Cusack and Chandler on their side? Mael is completely useless, Ruduciel got rekt by Zeldris, and Sarmiel and Tarmiel got one-shotted.

In the end it´s really shame after Bleach and Naruto another sh*tty ending.