Game - Expanded Fan League - Prince of Tennis RPG Forum | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Game Expanded Fan League - Prince of Tennis RPG Forum

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, during the holidays, Sherlock and I got rather bored, so we started a little project, a PoT RPG based on the Fan League.

You might remember that Sherlock told us before about a friend of his who made an attempt on something similiar, he got bored though and the whole thing was abandoned.

So, we used that website, Sai joined us recently as well, and we are very close to finishing the whole thing.
The link is:
Tenipuri RPG

Everyone who is interested may already register and start working on his team. If there are any questions ask either Sherlock, Sai or myself.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Re: Expanded Fan League

I'm interested in joining and want to apply to join the staff, if you don' mind. But I'm still confuse on the whole move system even after I read it 3 times. On the cost/point, and that kind of thing.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Here's how it works Ken, follow the how to build your team using that set up, that is how you build a base team

After that, make a learn skills list for the characters, these you can make yourself and you assign the levels at which they are learned. A mod will decide if they are fair and tell you ok or tone down.

THen you compile them and make a profile in School Profiles.

You can look at my team in School Profiles as an example. http://tenipurirpg.com/index.php?showtopic=30

As for joining the staff, we do need line judges which are basically people who will help with calculating scores for matches and things. You're welcome to start there ^^.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

How many points do 1 point spend on the character worth (12 points for 12 to put in stat?), and how it would be spend on skill? This is the main confusing point overall. Your first cha have 12 points total and seem to have various skill to learn + current skill. Wouldn't that be over 12? Umm sorry, I'm not the brightest.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

You have 75 points to divide between 8 characters Ken

you choose how you want to distribute. Then you can give the character a title (there are 4 titles) and one basic feat or effect. The cost for those is listed next to the title, feat or effect.

So let say you make a character (2, 2, 3, 4) that means you just used 11 points of the 75 you're given. Now you want to give him a 3 point effect, that means you've used a total of 14 points for that one character out of the 75 you're given. To determine the character's level you take the total cost and divide by 4.

For the example character his cost is 14. 14/4 = 3.5 = Lv. 4

Does that clarify for you?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

I understand more now, but can you do the example you mention? You do say max for each cha is 12, right?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

There is no max per character. You can use as many point on a single character as you have. But you need to have a balanced team so I wouldn't suggest making a single 75 point character. and 7 zero point ones.

Another rule is that your stats must be somewhat balanced. you cannot give a character all his stats in a single place. Your highest stat cannot be more than 4x the lowest stat.

For Example.
(1, 6, 3, 9) is not allowed because 9 is more than 4x greater than the 1.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

The minimum points that have to be spend on one character is 3 points, the maximum is 12 points.
Additionaly, a character has to have a base total of 1 or higher.
<<
In that case, please remove this, it's probably something that change during your making of the gam.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

aww yeah, need to go and take that out...

The min of 3 I think will still stand though.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Changed it, min of 3 will stay to prevent people from doing something stupid.

KuwabaraTheMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

So, I kind of get this, but what about all of the additional feats/effects learned by leveling up. What are the rules for those?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Please post anymore questions and or comments in over in the RPG forum ^^

http://tenipurirpg.com/index.php?showtopic=40

So, I kind of get this, but what about all of the additional feats/effects learned by leveling up. What are the rules for those?
Make those as you see fit for now. We don't have any limitations except that the abilities fit the level at which they are learned. Us Admins and Mods will decide whether they are overpowered and such on a case by case basis.

That isn't to say you can't post here if you have inquiries as to what the RPG is. Just any member comments about creation specific things should be posted there ^^

Last edited:

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just finished my exams, I have no classes in the afternoon this semester,what means a lot of free time...so I want to join
(Yeah, I know I have been complaining a lot, but my complaints were about transforming the Fan League into an RPG, not about RPG's themtselves)

Just a question, I don't get it:
12 is the max amount of points you could spent in a player in total or just base points, spending more than 12 points after Feats and Efects?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ignore the 12 (I think I changed it by now, no?). Just keep the minimum of 3 in mind.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I wonder how do you guys discuss the system? I don't see any thread on that at all. Is it msn, secret forum or pm, or other thing?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
We have a secret forum and we all have (insert messenger here)... ^^;;

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Ah, so you guys used that messenger. Too bad I don't have an account for that. I enjoy making game system a lot, perhap a bit too much, in my own rpg on board, I already got 50 mb of microsoft word file, my friend are still wonder on how much time I spend on it.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We moved to a new site, if you want to take part in the RPG, come to

Tenipuri RPG