Shounen - Eyeshield 21 by MURATA Yuusuke and INAGAKI Riichiro | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Eyeshield 21 by MURATA Yuusuke and INAGAKI Riichiro

Takahashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: ES21 Mega Convo

So did this December chapter even exist? I never checked out where it was announced, just assumed it was official considering everyone seemed to know about it....

BlackSwimmer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The "special December issue" never did come out, huh? :\
its already scanned and out already it is a long one too

pebble

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End

where?

Cherry

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Yea, where?
I mean I'm Dying to read it T_T
Let us know where we can find it please!

Magicoreo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Are you sure it even exists?
I even went to check Yahoo Japan auctions (just to see if anyone was selling a copy of that 'December Issue' and I got nothing.)

Takahashi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Are you sure it even exists?
I even went to check Yahoo Japan auctions (just to see if anyone was selling a copy of that 'December Issue' and I got nothing.)
Considering the guy that said it was out is banned, I'm going to assume he was lying. That is a shame though, as far as I can tell it doesn't even exist, was it even confirmed to begin with? Or did someone just spread the idea?

JC123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Sounds like an idea was spread.

From what I gather, it may be a while before we hear from the duo. Which is a real shame.

Takahashi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

It won't happen, but I'd love another Eyeshield 21 game. Creating ES21 teams in Madden isn't half as fun...

XEL

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

:D I'm not the only one who recreates the teams in Madden? haha

Takahashi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

naruto91

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Could you tell me the vol where the anime stops? i know it doesn't reach the end... Do you know why?

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Could you tell me the vol where the anime stops? i know it doesn't reach the end... Do you know why?
Anime covers up to most of volume 27. Then they canceled the anime because, to put it bluntly, next to the manga, it sucks >.> (on top of that they were catching up with the manga on a regular basis and had troubles coming up with filler episodes)

Takahashi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Anime covers up to most of volume 27. Then they canceled the anime because, to put it bluntly, next to the manga, it sucks >.> (on top of that they were catching up with the manga on a regular basis and had troubles coming up with filler episodes)
I quite enjoyed the Anime. Bad animation and some "off" artwork, but the music and voice acting was flawless.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Oh wow, there has not been a post here in 11 years now :XD I just realized how long that is, a decade and a year.

But I just finished reading the manga tonight, all 37 volumes, and that was.....a brilliant ride. Seriously. It is the best ever sports series I have read/come across, and I have read a fair few of them (Chihayafuru, Kuroko no Basuke etc)

So I'm just going to say a few thoughts about some things in the manga.

Best character(s):
-Kid (He is so badass, the one character I liked from the get go),
-Shin.
-Hiruma
-Mamori
-Suzuna.

Best villain(s):
-Agon (Both him and Gaou are the villains with the best character development in the series)
-Gaou
-Yamato (The real ES 21).
-Habashira.
-Marco was great too. But a bit misused, which I will get into later on.

Best matches:
-Deimon vs Shinryuuji Naga (The single best fight in the manga. Agon was such a big threat, and I am so happy that they struggled with him right till the bitter end. The Yukimitsu stuff was also emotional.
-Deimon vs Teikoku Gakuen: The real Eyeshield, Monta's battles with Tama. The Christmas Bowl lived up to all the hype beforehand, and I am so glad about that. It was the one game in the manga I wanted to read all in a go because Yamato was a great antagonist. 4th dimension stuff was a bit...weird though. Also that catcher walking in mid air felt like too much :lmao
-Deimon vs Seibu Wild Gunmans: The first time Deimon lost a major match in the manga, which caught me by surprise. The Hiruma vs Kid, Sena vs Riku, Tetsuma vs Monta matches were also awesome. Also Monta's outrage at the referee was so well done.
-Deimon vs Oujou White Knights (Round 2)- Mostly because of Sakuraba's character development. He grew up into such a great character, from someone who was wimpy in the beginning. Also, Takami vs Hiruma :kukuku The Shin vs Sena stuff was great too. This is just one of those matches that has to be in everyone's top 5.
-Japan vs America: The last match of the manga. And boy, was it something. I thought it would be boring, since the Teikoku match was too awesome. Clifford, Panther, Don.....just all of them were awesome. And seeing the characters combine in plays was awesome as heck.

Special mentions:
-Deimon vs Kyoushin Poseidon: Kakei is so awesome. One of the lesser villains in the manga, but his personality is way too awesome. Also he was the first one who stopped the Devil Bat Ghost, which is no easy feat.
-Deimon vs Yuuhi Guts: Emotional pay off was worth it. They also had a nice backstory.

Least favorite matches:
-Deimon vs Bando Spiders: This was so pointless...like? They hyped up Akari as the real Eyeshield 21, only for Yamato to show up later. So like, what was the point? It felt like a way of trying to hype up the Teikoku team, but we got this with Marco later on as well. Also they lost so easily. Like at no point in the game did they feel like a real threat to Deimon.
-Deimon vs Hakushuu Dinosaurs: This fight, I have a problem with because it was less epic than it should have been. Also Marco, like they hyped him up pre game, but after a while he stopped being the mentalist villain that he was supposed to be. Basically after Hiruma's arm was broken in that game, it stopped being epic. Gaou vs Kurita was great but I was more interested in Marco since he was so secretive.

Overall, a very solid manga. I'd give it a 9/10. Which is the highest mark I give things I like. The manga had a bit of a slow start, and the matches in the beginning were sort of boring. Like the Chameleons stuff. Or even the Taiyou Sphinxes. But once we got to the tournament.......it picked up great. And was one hell of a ride till the end.
The slice of life stuff was great too. Like the Oujou School Festival. Or even the Death March, and stuff like the Deimon Sports Festival.

Superb read. Would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lengthy sports series to read. Inagaki is a great author, and this makes me hyped to see how Dr Stone will proceed. All the way to the finale.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Hope its a reboot. This series deserves a full reboot, of all 37 volumes.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A reboot? I think I'd like special chapters better. Or maybe they could continue the anime? It was pretty good and what made me read the manga.

Drayenko

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's none of that. It's a cafe collaboration. Wish it was a reboot.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I hope this would be a testing of the water for popularity since this manga truly deserves a 100 episodes full re-adaptation.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
A reboot? I think I'd like special chapters better. Or maybe they could continue the anime? It was pretty good and what made me read the manga.
I’m really late here but I don’t think they can continue the anime too far. If I remember correctly there’s only the game against the real Eyeshield and the world youth game left and it’s probably best to pretend the youth game didn’t happen as funny as i think it is