Chapter - Fairy Tail: 100YQ Chapter 158 Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Fairy Tail: 100YQ Chapter 158 Discussion

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread
24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Natsu lost at the beginning of an Arc

Never seen that before.

Felt like a pointless chapter to me.Almost 0 progress

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, I see where this is going, if one can't beat Natsu that it requires a group effort then these henchmen are fodder.

Eisenfaust

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
The biggest problem which Mashima has with Natsu and what Natsu lacks in compare to other manga MC, he never improve.
You never think this is the same guy who defeated God Dragons and Acnologia and Zeref and lose to fodders...
Imagine Sage Mod Naruto or Luffy losing to random fodder Yonkou commander lvl characters after defeating Kaido...

This writing doesn´t make anysense, fuck hax, we all know these guys end up one shot material once Mashima want to progress the story, we all know these guys end as fodders. Why making it so obsivious to make them look strong for sacrficing Natsu of all people?

Let them defeat Sting or other mid lvl characters, it doesn´t make sense for Natsu to lose to them..
And losing here is not the problem, I wouldn´t mind if Natsu lose his battle against Ignia at the begin of the arc after a good fight chapters, to show how OP Ignia is without downplaying Natsu to whole lvls, that is something which I would like, but pls don´t let him lose to fodders.

He does this every arc and is boring and pointless at this point.....
Natsu is one of these characters where I feel like he stuck in same powerlvl after ton of different arcs...

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, I see where this is going, if one can't beat Natsu that it requires a group effort then these henchmen are fodder.
Well, to beat Natsu with Fire Element is quite hard, you know. In that so, we can't judge their level. We will see against people who aren't immun (or nearly) against it

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Natsu lost at the beginning of an Arc

Never seen that before.

Felt like a pointless chapter to me.Almost 0 progress
It's the same beginning in every arc, where new characters show off their powers, and then end up becoming one-shot material

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well, to beat Natsu with Fire Element is quite hard, you know. In that so, we can't judge their level. We will see against people who aren't immun (or nearly) against it
Natsu can be hindered by fire elements, it depends on their attributes, like God Flames, or orange fire which overloads his sense of smell.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I didn't really understand anything 😕. Felt like natsu got lured into a trap

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The biggest problem which Mashima has with Natsu and what Natsu lacks in compare to other manga MC, he never improve.
You never think this is the same guy who defeated God Dragons and Acnologia and Zeref and lose to fodders...
Imagine Sage Mod Naruto or Luffy losing to random fodder Yonkou commander lvl characters after defeating Kaido...

This writing doesn´t make anysense, fuck hax, we all know these guys end up one shot material once Mashima want to progress the story, we all know these guys end as fodders. Why making it so obsivious to make them look strong for sacrficing Natsu of all people?

Let them defeat Sting or other mid lvl characters, it doesn´t make sense for Natsu to lose to them..
And losing here is not the problem, I wouldn´t mind if Natsu lose his battle against Ignia at the begin of the arc after a good fight chapters, to show how OP Ignia is without downplaying Natsu to whole lvls, that is something which I would like, but pls don´t let him lose to fodders.

Natsu is one of these characters where I feel like he stuck in same powerlvl after ton of different arcs...
The thing about that is Mashima doesn't power creep as he stated, with DGs, Acno and Zeref, they are circumstantial, he got outside help, the enemy is nerfed or could only use a one time power up

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
You are talking about a Guy who downright said in his manga that training arcs are boring, has "Hot Magic Bath and Massage" instead of training to improve in one of his manga and who said in interview\Q&A that Most important thing is Flashiness of fights (Not logic, not build up or tension, when his at his ends and its time character has to win in flashy way).

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Natsu can be hindered by fire elements, it depends on their attributes, like God Flames, or orange fire which overloads his sense of smell.
I know, this is why I said "quite hard" and not "impossible. Usual fire empowers him so, we can't judge today.
But we have seen Grey's future counterpart. And this fight will be a joke because of current Grey's level.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'm kinda hyped up to see erza's fight. Firstly cuz some Lucy fans was comparing them which is dumb cuz erza is light years ahead of Lucy and secondly I think gray might actually solo the signora sisters 🤔
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's Mashima-sensei status quo. He likes the status quo. It's why he makes gray looks like shit in front of sclass wizards but gray should be more than that.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
He should but not in 100Years Quest. He will take on Fire and Flames' clown in extreme diff.

She will loose the first encounter, as usual.

I see more Lucy and Wendy team-up.
No way Mashima-sensei s gonna give gray this clowns and have Wendy and Lucy beat signora sisters, right?

Nah I think erza got this tbf. Technically natsu didn't lose cuz if you noticed he wasn't even scratched they just lured him out
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Flashiness of fights (Not logic, not build up or tension, when his at his ends and its time character has to win in flashy way
But pre-tenrou had cool villains and all of that. Gajeel jellal laxus Cobra midnight zero hades ultear. Even that guy einswald was kinda terrifying back then hell even Leon

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
It's the same beginning in every arc, where new characters show off their powers, and then end up becoming one-shot material
They all just took hits from Natsu, took damage, but kept conscious and fighting

This is also... Base Natsu

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Contrary to what was mentioned in this thread, I didn't think Natsu's defeat was bad. He was lured into a trap by fire users, but was not injured. They beat Natsu with strategy, intelligence. And let's face it, there's no way ordinary fire mages can do damage to Natsu. It's impossible.

Regarding Erza, I assume that her opponent is Ignia's strongest subordinate, as that is the standard for Erza's opponents. And I mentioned several times in the last chapter's thread that Erza wouldn't face Rousseau and Enny again. They were already humiliated by Erza, so it didn't make sense for Hiro to use them against Erza again.

It is very likely that Lucy will face Rousseau and Gray or Wendy will face Enny.

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros

Please use context

Natsu isn't fighting them as serious enemies. He wants to go to Ignia, but wants to hit them a few times. He's in base and VERY clearly not viewing them as active threats or taking them that seriously

We started Gold Owl with Natsu foddering everyone that came to fight him

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
But pre-tenrou had cool villains and all of that. Gajeel jellal laxus Cobra midnight zero hades ultear. Even that guy einswald was kinda terrifying back then hell even Leon
Im just saying what Hiro said, he said it when explaining why his fights are only 2-3 chapters.
He may not followed this rule strictly in past, but lately he does so. Most he does is allow enemies one win.

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
You are talking about a Guy who downright said in his manga that training arcs are boring, has "Hot Magic Bath and Massage" instead of training to improve in one of his manga and who said in interview\Q&A that Most important thing is Flashiness of fights (Not logic, not build up or tension, when his at his ends and its time character has to win in flashy way).
Shonen doesn't really do training arcs often anymore. Current age readers lack the attention span and get bored too fast. All of you tik tok addicts are to blame.

Natsu's always trained when in his downtime. He prefers to learn from active fights. That's why we had a whole bit with Suzaku and even THIS CHAPTER about paying attention to Brian's movements

Pay attention please, people. Thanks.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
The typical enemies getting the better of the team to build up hype with their magic until a rematch when they lose. I don’t think we should say Natsu lost, most like caught off guard and lured into a trap.

Prediction matchups:
Idk, I feel like Raj gonna lose unless there’s more to his illusions.:derp

Erza vs Wed- second in command must mean he’s the strongest subordinate

Gray vs Lecka- he stay mostly face against opponents based on magic similar to his. Although we thought he was finna face Skullion and we saw how that turned out

Lucy vs Signario sisters- I had a feeling they wouldn’t face against Erza again. I predicted this one because Kiria also lost against Erza and end up facing Lucy. Although I’m not sure if they’ll fight as a pair and if not maybe Wendy will beat one of them? Hopefully Aquarius key comes about.

Wendy vs Brian- I was leaning more towards Natsu since they seem to be giving a rival dynamic, but it did look like he was owning him.

Last edited: