Special - Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey (Open Beta) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey (Open Beta)

If the game makes it out, do you think you will play it?

• Total voters

LordOTaco

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would so be down for a Fairy Tail game. Even though this is an in browser game I'll definetely give it a whirl and support it. Who knows maybe someday we can get a proper fighter or RPG game like Naruto or Dragonball Xenoverse. I can dream can't I?

Note: been low key playing FFXV and wishing we had a FT game like it lol.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
GameSamba's Message about Fairy Tail Hero's Journey (March 10th, 2017):

All Credits go to their Respective Owners: Source

"Feature reveal: There will be fire and ice factions in game. Which side will you choose? Use the emojis to choose your side! #fairytail #natsu#gray" ~ GameSamba

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
They posted this earlier today.

Good afternoon FairyTail fans! Sadly, we don't have a definite date on CBT at this time. We just wanted to let everyone know the game is still in development and we are still aiming to make it the best we can. We also wanted to share these amazing pictures, autographed by Hiro Mashima. We will update with more announcements on the upcoming CBT as soon as we get news! Thank you all for your kind patience and understanding.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
From GameSamba (April 4th, 2017): Source

They revealed that there will be a pet system in-game. As for the development's status, they also stated that they are currently in the graphics polishing stages.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
From GameSamba (April 7th, 2017) Update: Source

This is their message:

"
Good day Fairy Tail lovers! Since the delay of CBT, many have asked for a new release date. We are still unable to give an exact date but we can say our current goal is Summer 2017 (July/August unless any unavoidable issues occur). In December we explained we wanted to make the game better and change features before we launched. We greatly appreciate the understanding and supportive comments we received. With all the changes we made, and polishing up all the artwork, we have to get things approved which takes time. Again, we apologize for the disappointment the delays have caused. We'd feel better if the delays were because we were trapped by Erigor's wind wall.. Let us know what you think of this skill animation (not the wind wall) which will be in-game. "

~ GameSamba

They also released a preview of a character attack (skill animation). As it is stated above, Erigor's wind wall will also be present and functional in-game.

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Further Update From GameSamba (April 21st, 2017): Source

Happy Friday Fairy Tail fans! The game is coming along as expected. We just wanted to share this #Lucy art that was recently approved! #FairyTail

~ GameSamba

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Some news today

We are still on target for CBT around July/Aug 2017! We just wanted to share one of the in-game skills the community team seems to love due to all of the pretty purple. As soon as we get closer to a definite date, we will be sure to announce it! What do you think of this skill? #FairyTail

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, but that spell from Future Rogue is badass-looking.

If it comes down to a team-based game, I might even consider fighting alongside Future Rogue. Definitely would want to see more dark magic from him. That spell honestly looks like some kind of shadow pillar attack that F. Rogue could use in the anime.

Anyways, I'm curious and looking forward to see more from Gray and Mira in the game.

And count me in if there is a "Demon Slayer Cult". If that faction doesn't exist in the game, you can bet I'll make a guild under that title..

Geralt of Rivia

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm actually hyped for this. Would feel sooo good to destroy Natsu and the others with Hades, Zero, Laxus, Mard, and all the other bosses they should have easily lost to.
:polka:maracas:turtle:bbb:salsa:dancin:drmke:jacko:isay:noedu:ghost:fiesta

Last edited:

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Reaction score
Country
Australia
From the FB Page

Teaser time! Our upcoming #FairyTail game will have a Battle Royal system! 3-way fights between Fire, Sky, and Ice!

Which team will you choose? Use the like options to vote.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
TODAY'S UPDATE

LYNNWOOD, WA – June 7 – GameSamba has revealed six new wizards for its upcoming free-to-play MMORPG, “Fairy Tail: Hero’s Journey.”

Based on the hit anime series, “Fairy Tail: Hero’s Journey” is the ONLY officially licensed online “Fairy Tail” game that will be playable in your browser. It will feature a new telling of the “Fairy Tail” story, and allow players to collect and build teams of their favorite “Fairy Tail” wizards.

While players can recruit and team up with wizards from throughout the “Fairy Tail” world, they’ll begin their journey as one of six new wizards, original to “Fairy Tail: Hero’s Journey.”

The new wizards fall into three classes: Elemental Magic (above), Combat Magic, and Guns Magic. Players can pick from male and female characters, and through choices made in the game tune their style of magic to their own personality.

Information on these new wizards along with fan-favorites such as Natsu, Lucy, and Gray will be posted leading up to the game’s closed beta test on the game’s official Facebook page, and on the GameSamba site.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the news @Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ.

The most recent update seems quite interesting. Looks like there will be 6 new wizards introduced to the game, original to FT: Hero's Journey. If those are the characters that we'll be playing, I'll be looking forward to their character design.

As for the 3 original types of magic, it's pretty cool to see that they divided into 3 classes: Elemental, Combat, and Guns Magic.

I'm interested to see if there will be any sub-classes, particularly the Elemental Class (ex. fire, ice, lightning).

To be honest, all 3 magic classes seem to play important role, so I'm excited to see what their designs will be like.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Always wanted a proper Fairy Tail game by Arc System Works. Well, we're getting Dragon Ball FighterZ and it looks glorious. I suppose that's the closest it can get to that wish.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Final Update (September 7th, 2017): Source

The browser-based game, Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey, has finally been released as Closed-Beta. Players can test the game out and help developers fix bugs/glitches by exploring the game, reporting problems, and suggesting improvements.

Here - you can create your own account, login and play, or even take a look at some of the in-game screenshots (GameSamba has posted several images)

You can also access the Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey forum page through the website, or by clicking this link.

I'm pretty busy these days, unfortunately, but whenever I have spare time, I'll be sure to check it out.

Who knows? Maybe someday I can form a guild that will compete against some of Fiore's best.

** Game should open at 7:00 PM PDT by the way

NOTE: Keep in mind, since they are still in the process of testing the game, all accounts will be wiped from the servers after Closed-Beta has ended. If you don't want to lose your progress or feel like you wasted your time, then I highly suggest that you don't start the game during Closed-Beta.

Otherwise, if you just feel like casually exploring the game or becoming familiar with the mechanics, you can always feel free to join the server now.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, that's unfortunate.

I haven't been able to try the game out myself. So when I eventually find time, I'll look into it. If the game is still up and running by then, I'll participate in Closed Beta and see how things are.

It was released at the wrong time, but I guess it couldn't be helped...