Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
As for ranking, I will try to list some characters based on my gut feeling. I do not include Acnologia and Zeref because they are too mainstream.

Expert, professional, no doubt: August, Serena

Elite: Laxus, Jellal, Gildarts, Natsu, Erza, 3 GoI (Gene of Interests Gods of Ishgar), Jura, Wahl

Very Strong: Mira, Gray, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, Minerva, Kagura

Strong: Wendy, Lucy, Juvia
I think gray and gajeel are on erza level or even stronger than her..

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus didn't even drop a sweat or breathing harder after attacks, it proves that he didn't use full power. We don't know how serious Ajeel was, but he couldn't do anything to Laxus, so he was getting overpowered for sure that point. But actually "he's not serious" is not good argument, that way I can say that Toby Hohorta can defeat Acnologia, but he isn't serious, why not? Ajeel is overpowerd by Laxus it's fact.
Laxus throwing big attacks and doing it easily not sweating or out of breathe is exactly what I said in another thread to boast about his chances of beating a spriggan. I'm not putting Laxus down. The point of how this started was to say Erza is just as strong.

Of course Ajeel couldn't do anything to Laxus, because he didn't even try. I think Laxus could beat Ajeel, but in one shot? Only Acnologia and possibly Zeref could do that. Otherwise Laxus could take on more than one spriggan at time.

AJEEL WASNT SERIOUS, as his attack was being directed at Makarov. Ajeel himself didn't know that Natsu, Erza and Gray could have whooped him. Makarov instantly went Titan thinking of their strength he remembers from the tartaros arc. If you're targeting a bird(Makarov) with a rock and instead a Lion(Laxus) gets in the way. Of course you'd have taken a boulder instead. You don't need or use a sledge hammer to crack peanuts. You use it on a cement wall. Ajeel was playing with what he thought was his prey, attacks with a wave. What do you think the one countering it would do? Of course Laxus will throw something to cancel it out. Haven't you noticed the spriggan don't go for the kill right away. They play around because they don't want the fight to end so quickly. Like how Saitama from opm wants a real fight. Not that the spriggan are that strong or levels ahead. They don't have many good fights because they don't find enough quality opponents.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't matter whether you were talking about the GOI or the 10 Wizard Saints. The same logic applies. The 10 Wizard Saints were said to be the strongest mages on the continent just like the GOI were. Are they? No. Jura and Jellal weren't in anyway comparable to Gildarts back during the ToH arc and the OS arc. Unless you really think a thought projection (Siegrain) was stronger than Gildarts and Laxus back then, in which case I can't even be bothered to take you seriously. Laxus ( a wizard who wasn't a WS) was stronger than Jura (a WS) during the GMG as he ended up defeating him. Numerous examples of the Wizard Saints NOT being the strongest mages on the continent. It's no different with the GOI.

And where's the proof that Laxus' would've been overpowered by Serena? You sure do like to say a lot without any proof to backup your claims. And we haven't come anywhere close to seeing Laxus' full power. All he's done thus far is wave his hand and generate an enormous attack. I don't care if we've barely seen them. We've barely seen Laxus since the time skip and he's managed to demonstrate feats far far more impressive than any GOI. And if your logic is that the only way to determine who's stronger between Laxus and Hyberion is a fight between them then you can't sit here and say the GOI are stronger than Laxus as he's never engaged any of them in battle. That logic works both ways.

No it doesn't because August is significantly above the other Spriggan. No other Spriggan measures up to him in power.

Then go read the spoiler thread. The fact that you were in the spoiler discussion thread makes me think you've already them, so how you can continue saying this I've no idea.
The difference between the Wizard Saints and the Gods of Ishgar does matter. When I'm talking about the Gods, I am talking about mages who are even stronger than the Wizard Saints. There is no proof that Gildarts is stronger than Jura and Jellal. To be honest, I'd say that both Jura and Jellal are stronger than him. The only thing Gildarts have shown is that he could defeat Bluenote and overpower Tenrou Natsu. Jellal took down the whole Oración Seis, I can't see Gildarts doing the same.

There is no difference between Jellal and Siegrain. They're the same.

Laxus defeated Jura, but Jura never used his strongest spells. How about Rumbling Mt. Fuji? And Rock Mountain? I can't see Laxus keep up with that. Jura can do a lot more than he showed us in the fight with Laxus.

I've never said it's a fact that Laxus would be owned by God Serena. It's just my opinion. I can't see Laxus take him out lol. You're saying that I am the one who uses arguments without any proof? Please, you're saying that Gildarts is stronger than Jura and Jellal. When did they fought exactly?

We've seen Laxus his full power in the fight against Jura.

Well, we should wait for the upcoming chapters. Let's see if Laxus can solo Wahl.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Lol at laxus being on the same level at god serena who has 8 lacima and i'm pretty laxus ligtning wouldn't do anything against him since god sererna can control lightning too lol we have seen nothing about serena true forces

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Actually GoI is just a name of the 4 strongest WS and we know that WS aren't the strongest mages, because Warrod said so. This discution doesn't make any sense.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Here is my ranking:

1. Acnologia
2. Zeref, August, E.N.D
3. Spriggan Twelve
4. Gods of Ishgar
5. Laxus, Jellal, Gildarts
6. Gray, Natsu, Gajeel, Erza, Mirajane, Kagura, Minerva
7. Lyon, Sting, Rogue, Rufus, Orga, Freed
8. Juvia, Chelia, Wendy, Lucy
9. Happy

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
The difference between the Wizard Saints and the Gods of Ishgar does matter. When I'm talking about the Gods, I am talking about mages who are even stronger than the Wizard Saints.
No it doesn't because the same logic applies. The 10 Wizard Saints were said to be the strongest mages on the continent just like the GOI. Are they the 10 strongest mages on the continent? No and they never were. The exact same applies to the GOI. End of story.

There is no proof that Gildarts is stronger than Jura and Jellal. To be honest, I'd say that both Jura and Jellal are stronger than him. The only thing Gildarts have shown is that he could defeat Bluenote and overpower Tenrou Natsu. Jellal took down the whole Oración Seis, I can't see Gildarts doing the same.
I'm talking about the versions of Jellal and Jura from the Tower of Heaven arc and the Oracion Seis arc, not the current versions. Gildarts is stronger than both Jellal and Jura from that time.

There is no difference between Jellal and Siegrain. They're the same.
The same person, yes, but one is a thought projection meaning it has significantly less magical power than the original yet it was still seen as enough to become a WS. If you really think a thought projection who lost to Erza was stronger than mages like Gildarts and Laxus (two mages who weren't wizard saints then you're beyond help).

Laxus defeated Jura, but Jura never used his strongest spells. How about Rumbling Mt. Fuji? And Rock Mountain? I can't see Laxus keep up with that. Jura can do a lot more than he showed us in the fight with Laxus.
So? Laxus never used several of his spells. The fact is Laxus won and thus was stronger. There's no way around that. Period.

I've never said it's a fact that Laxus would be owned by God Serena. It's just my opinion. I can't see Laxus take him out lol. You're saying that I am the one who uses arguments without any proof? Please, you're saying that Gildarts is stronger than Jura and Jellal. When did they fought exactly?
Yes, you are. Gildarts was stronger than Jura and Jellal in the early parts of the series. That's made abundantly clear from Makarov's statement during the GMG where he said Jura would be a match for Gildarts. This was a far stronger version of Jura compared to the one who appeared in the OS arc, which means if he can only be a match after growing significantly strength according to Makarov then he would've been outright destroyed before.

I actually backup my claims. You haven't backed up a single one of yours.

We've seen Laxus his full power in the fight against Jura.
Which was more than 2 arcs plus a time skip ago. He's far more powerful at this point than he was then and he hasn't come close to showing off his full power currently.

Well, we should wait for the upcoming chapters. Let's see if Laxus can solo Wahl.
You can wait and see. The outcome is obvious and that's that Wahl will lose.

Lol at laxus being on the same level at god serena who has 8 lacima and i'm pretty laxus ligtning wouldn't do anything against him since god sererna can control lightning too lol we have seen nothing about serena true forces
Nice logic. You're as bad as BluePegasus when it comes to backing up your claims with evidence.

Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
No it doesn't because the same logic applies. The 10 Wizard Saints were said to be the strongest mages on the continent just like the GOI. Are they the 10 strongest mages on the continent? No and they never were. The exact same applies to the GOI. End of story.

I'm talking about the versions of Jellal and Jura from the Tower of Heaven arc and the Oracion Seis arc, not the current versions. Gildarts is stronger than both Jellal and Jura from that time.

The same person, yes, but one is a thought projection meaning it has significantly less magical power than the original yet it was still seen as enough to become a WS. If you really think a thought projection is stronger than mages like Gildarts and Laxus (two mages who weren't wizard saints then you're beyond help).

So? Laxus never used several of his spells. The fact is Laxus won and thus was stronger. There's no way around that. Period.

Yes, you are. Gildarts was stronger than Jura and Jellal in the early parts of the series. That's made abundantly clear from Makarov's statement during the GMG where he said Jura would be a match for Gildarts. This was a far stronger version of Jura compared to the one who appeared in the OS arc, which means if he can only be a match after growing significantly strength according to Makarov then he would've been outright destroyed before.

I actually backup my claims. You haven't backed up a single one of yours.

Which was more than 2 arcs plus a time skip ago. He's far more powerful at this point than he was then and he hasn't come close to showing off his full power currently.

You can wait and see. The outcome is obvious and that's that Wahl will lose.

Nice logic. You're as bad as BluePegasus when it comes to backing up your claims with evidence.
Lol why you say that ? Give me a proof of laxus being as strong or stronger than god serena lol

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol why you say that ? Give me a proof of laxus being as strong or stronger than god serena lol
Don't try and shift the burden of proof. You're the one who claimed Laxus wasn't any match for Serena so the burden of proof is on YOU to prove it. Something you nor BluePegasus have been capable of doing thus far.

And if you really want to debate about feats between Laxus and Serena then let's go because Laxus' one nuke is far more impressive than anything Serena showed.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Don't try and shift the burden of proof. You're the one who claimed Laxus wasn't any match for Serena so the burden of proof is on YOU to prove it. Something you nor BluePegasus have been capable of doing thus far.
Yes laxus is not on serena level for me and i don't care if you agree with me or not

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Well at least we know that you can't back that claim up.
Why do you think laxus can be on god serena level ? Just explain me i don't understand

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I've already explained why several times.

1. He was implied to be capable of one-shotting (and if not one-shotting then at least significantly injuring) Ajeel with a casual attack. August of all people felt the need to intervene and erect a barrier in order to shield Ajeel. It's never implied or stated that Serena is significantly stronger than Ajeel. The only Spriggan who was said to be above the others was August and I have no reason to doubt that.
2. His casual nuke was more impressive than anything Serena showed. Hell, his simple lightning bolt was capable of easily erasing one of Ajeel's strongest moves (sands of death).
How do you know that god serena can't easily beat ajeel like laxus.
I'm pretty sure god serena is way above ajeel and we can all agree on this .
So unless we saw god serena full powers and laxus full powers you can't say that laxus is on the same or stronger than god serena.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Uhm, you're the one who claimed that Laxus is stronger than God Serena? So don't complain.

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 10 Spriggan 12 thus far:
Top tier:
1. August
High Tier:
2. Invel
3. God Serena
Mid Tier:
4. Wahl
5. Brandish
6. Bradman
7. Jacob
8. Dimaria
Low Tier:
9. Ajeel
10. Nienhart

Now this is mainly speculation on my part as we haven't seen a lot of the Spriggan, but for me, August is easily a cut above the rest from what we've heard. Makarov credited him with having a huge knowledge of various magics, a knowledge of magic thats greater than Zeref who has been around 400+ years, so thats really impressive. Next I have a high tier, and I've put Invel up there purely because Zeref keeps him by his side, which could mean he's someone he relies on to clean up some things if he can't be bothered. God Serena is up there for the fairly obvious reasons of being credited as one of the strongest mages from Ishgar + Dragon Slayer magic which is fairly self explanatory in itself. Mid tier, we have Wahl whose cannon nearly obliterated the guild from 400km (~250 miles) away, Brandish who has magic which allows her to change the size of matter, Bradman who was basically destroying the northern front, Jacob who has mastery of assassination magic and Dimaria who is a seasoned war veteran who's power made Kagura freeze up. Ajeel and Nienhart are lower-tier spriggan imo, Ajeel because even though he's pretty strong he has some things which can easily bring about his undoing and Nienhart is a mystery, but I wouldn't rate him too highly without seeing what he can do.
Lol, it's pretty funny how you're downplaying Neinhart just because it looks like he will fight Erza in the future. We literally have not seen Invel, Brandish, or Jacob fight, so their rankings are solely based on hype. Bradman and Dimaria hasn't had a real fight or shown anything that impressive. Yet you rate them tiers above Neinhart...

God Tier:
Acnologia
Zeref/IgNatsu

Almost God Tier:
Dragons
August
(strongest Spriggans)

High WS Tier:
Laxus/Jellal
Serena/Wahl/Ajeel
(mid-tier Spriggans)
Erza/GOI

Mid WS Tier:
Natsu/Gray/Gajeel
(weakest Spriggans)
Jura
Makarov
Gildarts
Pretty much the same as what I've said before.

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're saying that my arguments doesn't make any sense? Like you're one to talk.
They don't.

1). There is a huge difference between the Wizard Saints and the Gods of Ishgar. The Gods are the strongest Wizard Saints, which means they're ranked above them. First, you're saying that the Wizard Saints are not the strongest mages from Ishgar and now you're saying they are?
You don't get it. Your entire argument of the 4 GOI being stronger than Laxus is based on nothing but the statement of them being the strongest mages in Ishgar. Guess what? The 10 Wizard Saints received that exact same statement yet they were proven to NOT be the 10 strongest wizards on the continent as there were numerous mages who weren't apart of the 10 Wizard Saints that were stronger. The exact same logic applies to the GOI. Hell, Warrod practically states this himself.

2). There is no proof that Gildarts is stronger than Jura or Jellal. So you think that Gildarts is stronger than Jura because Makarov said that he is a 'good opponent' for him? That doesn't say he is stronger. Yes, Jura was stronger in the GMG arc than in the OS arc, but that doesn't say Gildarts has been at the same power level for ages? He was weaker in the OS arc as well. As for Jellal, you don't got any proof that Gildarts is stronger.
And wheres the evidence that Gildarts was weaker in the OS arc compared to the power Makarov was speaking about when comparing him to Jura? Once again, another claim without any evidence to back it up. I can backup the claim of Jura being significantly stronger than he was in the OS arc.

3). Laxus did use a lot of his strongest spells against Jura. Forgot about Rolling Thunder?
And? He didn't use all of his spells. The fact is he won. He was stronger. There's no debate.

4). Do you got proof that Siegrain doesn't have a lot magic power? No. You don't know what Jellal is capable of. When did Erza defeat Siegrain?
He's a thought projection. Jellal didn't get his full power back until after his thought projection merged with him again meaning both he and his thought projection had significantly less magical power than they would when they're whole. This is proven when Erza manages to defeat Jellal.

5). Laxus won't solo Wahl, you'll see. He'll probably get help from someone as Gray.
Yea, you keep thinking that. You clearly don't know how this series operates.

How do you know that god serena can't easily beat ajeel like laxus.
I'm pretty sure god serena is way above ajeel and we can all agree on this .
Another claim that isn't backed up by any evidence. In fact the manga suggests otherwise as no Spriggan other than August was touted as being far above the other Spriggan.

So unless we saw god serena full powers and laxus full powers you can't say that laxus is on the same or stronger than god serena.
Yet here you are insinuating Serena is far above Laxus. Just stop responding to me.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
They don't.

You don't get it. Your entire argument of the 4 GOI being stronger than Laxus is based on nothing but the statement of them being the strongest mages in Ishgar. Guess what? The 10 Wizard Saints received that exact same statement yet they were proven to NOT be the 10 strongest wizards on the continent as there were numerous mages who weren't apart of the 10 Wizard Saints that were stronger. The exact same logic applies to the GOI. Hell, Warrod practically states this himself.

And wheres the evidence that Gildarts was weaker in the OS arc compared to the power Makarov was speaking about when comparing him to Jura? Once again, another claim without any evidence to back it up. I can backup the claim of Jura being significantly stronger than he was in the OS arc.

And? He didn't use all of his spells. The fact is he won. He was stronger. There's no debate.

He's a thought projection. Jellal didn't get his full power back until after his thought projection merged with him again meaning both he and his thought projection had significantly less magical power than they would when they're whole. This is proven when Erza manages to defeat Jellal.

Yea, you keep thinking that. You clearly don't know how this series operates.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another claim that isn't backed up by any evidence. In fact the manga suggests otherwise as no Spriggan other than August was touted as being far above the other Spriggan.

Yet here you are insinuating Serena is far above Laxus. Just stop responding to me.[/QUOTE]
Lol when i say god serena is far above laxus ? I just say he was stronger than him lol

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uhm, you're the one who claimed that Laxus is stronger than God Serena? So don't complain.
I actually backed up my claims. I've yet to see anyone backup their claims for why Serena is so much stronger than Laxus. According to you guys it's just because he is. Sorry, but that's not evidence and it certainly doesn't backup said claim.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Lol when i say god serena is far above laxus ? I just say he was stronger than him lol
A claim that you still haven't sufficiently backed up.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I actually backed up my claims. I've yet to see anyone backup their claims for why Serena is so much stronger than Laxus. According to you guys it's just because he is. Sorry, but that's not evidence and it certainly doesn't backup said claim.
So you're saying that you have proof that Laxus is stronger than God Serena? Well then, give me that proof.

God Serena is stronger than Laxus because it's a fact. He is a Spriggan. They're the strongest mages there are. That's enough to say.

Xzilerate

Reaction score
Country
United States
So you're saying that you have proof that Laxus is stronger than God Serena? Well then, give me that proof.

God Serena is stronger than Laxus because it's a fact. He is a Spriggan. They're the strongest mages there are. That's enough to say.
So more claims that aren't backed up by anything. And my evidence has already been posted. I'm not going over it again.

Nothing you said is factual and the Spriggan certainly aren't the strongest mages there are. The fact that Laxus would've caused significant damage to one with a casual attack had it not been for August already proves that.

Last edited by a moderator: