Discussion - Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry" | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

Angiecakes1990

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Charla, Erza, Juvia, and Wendy kind of felt like that too. Gajeel, Levy, and Lily felt like random hobo's on the side of the street tbh. The only thing that kept Gray from being pushed to the side is he had a role a bit at the beginning with Lucy in the bar, and later defending her against Natsu, and then his interaction with Juvia beyond his main fight.
Gray had a big role in this film but its mostly was focus with Natsu since hes the protagonist
yea Juvia didn't do much in that fight only she saved a kid and saved Gray thats about it it was Gray who mostly did the fighting

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Rzerox21xx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

is the book a funimation exclusive item in preorder, I usually order from rightstuf but if the funimation site is the only place I can preorder and get the book, I gladly make a exception.

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
so march its gonna come out eng dub

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That must mean the anime will continue in April
well a date has not been confirmed yet but yeah I assume april aswell like the 2014 anime

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Hope it starts early.I will have one year's worth of full exam in 18.

Btw if the Dub comes out I hope the Dual Audio version DVD's come out.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Just watched it on Netflix, and I feel the fights were a step down from the last movie, though. But the twists in the story somewhat made up for it. I'd give this 7.8/10.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just watched it on Netflix, and I feel the fights were a step down from the last movie, though. But the twists in the story somewhat made up for it. I'd give this 7.8/10.
It's on Netflix?

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yup. Although regions may vary.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lowkey seeing it was 4th gen Dragon Slayers was a great twist, part surprised me. I’d take them over Irene’s berserkers from the manga.

Exorcist1995

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking about what some of you were saying about how the anime should remake this movie just like Dragon Ball Super remake "Battle of Gods...

Personally I don´t think that it will change anything, I don't want to sound rude or harsh, but this is Fairy Tail, the writting never have been particulary good, so I don't think that just by getting some more screentime Sonya and all those boring characters will become interesting or something or that the fights will be better...

Is like beliving that the anime will "fix" the final arc, it is almost imposible.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
The movie had lot of interesting plot points.Dragon Cry concept was indeed fascinating.

Regarding Anime changing parts,I don't think so they will change anything.But if they wanted to change they should show that Gajeel died at the hands of Bloodman,Improving END plot and avoiding pof in fights.

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
was it dub or sub on netflix i assume sub

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm hip, in the anime thread people were making no sense on the changes. Shit like that doesn't happen often if not ever. But what I meant was Hiro said he worked on the script like a weekly serialization, evident by the original booklet. We both obviously can tell parts were cut out to not pass the runtime. Having this animated like Battle of Gods could fill in the cut out parts, like Team Natsu escaping and Sonya/Animus backstory that was included within the light novel. The battles were better in the last movie, but I thought the plot and characters were better in this one. Anime could do justice for it if it happens.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
If Dragon Cry is adapted to animated, it will be an ARC of 10-12 episodes.

With that they will all have time to develop a lot more.

Already I want to see them arrived on the island, visited a little, the seees looked for information in different ways.

Lucy who uses Gemini or Genmini stardress to copy a guard and take important information.

Erza / lucy dredged the guards for info.

Find an informant and make them talk.

To see them arrived in the bar and what they did to the owner and dancer of the bar.

Already that's just for the beginning.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If Dragon Cry is adapted to animated, it will be an ARC of 10-12 episodes.

With that they will all have time to develop a lot more.

Already I want to see them arrived on the island, visited a little, the seees looked for information in different ways.

Lucy who uses Gemini or Genmini stardress to copy a guard and take important information.

Erza / lucy dredged the guards for info.

Find an informant and make them talk.

To see them arrived in the bar and what they did to the owner and dancer of the bar.

Already that's just for the beginning.
I like the Lucy teaming up with Erza idea.

I feel like the main story should remain a movie but the Acnologia and Sonya should be in the anime. I felt the fights were forced because it was a movie and everyone needed to fight someone. Fighting fodders doesn’t advance the plot and doesn’t help with power scaling. It would be nice to see Carpricorn in a battle that didn’t end in sunglasses.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
I like the Lucy teaming up with Erza idea.

I feel like the main story should remain a movie but the Acnologia and Sonya should be in the anime. I felt the fights were forced because it was a movie and everyone needed to fight someone. Fighting fodders doesn’t advance the plot and doesn’t help with power scaling. It would be nice to see Carpricorn in a battle that didn’t end in sunglasses.
But the same thing if they put it in anime, it is necessary to lengthen the fights, like those of avatar and alvarez.

Putting that we see zach talked about 4th generation DS, a bit like in FMA, story of the presented for not his kind of nowhere.

Shown where they found the dragon lacrima.

Explained if sonia has been running the country for 400 years or not; why the people do not notice it.

Lucy could do as in edolas and bought a book that shows the history of the country, what should they do for when they go to alvarez.

Shown caprico yes, but especially showed lucy stardress caprico who fights against soldiers, not just shown and then we see more.

Also shown other stardress, that of Aries to make a diversion when she brings out the girls after or before.

Scorpion, cancer to fight against soldiers or DS, that of taurus and leo we see them enough in the manga so no need.

That of Gemini for gathering info.

Shown why she uses virgo.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Netflix subtitled 720p version finally out. The subs before were so bad.

So the staff the king mentioned was Sonya's ribbon that absorbed the emotions from the dragons Acnologia killed and turned into Dragon Cry. That's why when Sonya broke it changed back into form. Sonya only being a teenager and Animus' human form still unclear but enjoyed it alot better cause I could actually understand it. 7/10

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you want a good quality of this movie go to gogoanime, I download the movie in 720p, the qualit is top notch.