Discussion - Fanbook and translation(Spoilers) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fanbook and translation(Spoilers)

Rzerox21xx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

The relationship between Soma and Erina." Actually in the final epilogue of Le Dessert, Tsukuda wanted Soma and Erina to get married. However he couldn't fit it into the storyboard so in the end he's decided that it's still too early for them to take that stage.

In the anime "Macross", there's a character called Basara Nekki who only thought about Music and the people around him were crazy about his music. When Saeki told him, "Isn't that kind of feeling really good?" Tsukuda considered whether he should give that kind of ending to Soma.

But he's well aware that after 315 chapters and three extra epilogues, if Soma x Erina's relationship never progressed the readers would get mad and saying something like "Geez, Soma doesn't have guts!" "Come on, just realize your feeling and do something about your love life!"

So Tsukuda did some romantic progress by making Soma realized his feeling and made an oath to Erina in his heart.

read the rest in the link

Rzerox21xx

Reaction score
Country
United States

The relationship between Soma and Erina." Actually in the final epilogue of Le Dessert, Tsukuda wanted Soma and Erina to get married. However he couldn't fit it into the storyboard so in the end he's decided that it's still too early for them to take that stage.

In the anime "Macross", there's a character called Basara Nekki who only thought about Music and the people around him were crazy about his music. When Saeki told him, "Isn't that kind of feeling really good?" Tsukuda considered whether he should give that kind of ending to Soma.

But he's well aware that after 315 chapters and three extra epilogues, if Soma x Erina's relationship never progressed the readers would get mad and saying something like "Geez, Soma doesn't have guts!" "Come on, just realize your feeling and do something about your love life!"

So Tsukuda did some romantic progress by making Soma realized his feeling and made an oath to Erina in his heart.

read the rest in the link
I just realized I should probably have put this on the volumes and art thread instead of making a new thread well if thats the case, i would appreciate the mods if they can please move this on where it suppose to be

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I also read Noa's thread on Twitter. Basically in the fanbook confirms that the only romance in Tsukuda's head was that of Soma x Erina. He did not see them at age 25 in the plan to marry, but confirms their feelings, and they will be together in the future

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The fanbook does confirm a few things, like Asahi being tacked on. Still, it feels like a lot of info is being left out. It feels like Souma's backstory was retconned considerably (e.g., Souma's grandfather appearing out of nowhere) and the author isn't commenting why that's the case. Other than that, I guess it's a good thing too the author didn't confirm who Akira married. Even by Japanese standards, it'd be crazy if it turns out Akira married his mother Jun.

mike allan

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The fanbook does confirm a few things, like Asahi being tacked on. Still, it feels like a lot of info is being left out. It feels like Souma's backstory was retconned considerably (e.g., Souma's grandfather appearing out of nowhere) and the author isn't commenting why that's the case. Other than that, I guess it's a good thing too the author didn't confirm who Akira married. Even by Japanese standards, it'd be crazy if it turns out Akira married his mother Jun.
what about the soma and Erina End up marrying each other in the future hints this is in the fanbook

Last edited: