Discussion - Fantasia vs Eclipse? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fantasia vs Eclipse?

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Darkness vs Light?

Well not exactly, Eclipse was way more gory, this Fantasia arc seems to have toned down the gore, but are we being set up for some mass slaughter at the hands of Griffith, once the fake "brightness" of his kingdom crashes?

Things have been pretty calm, the biggest gore we probably saw was Eclipse along with Tower of Conviction coming in a close second. Ever since the story introduced the witch girl we have been in a less gory universe of Berserk.

What is the secret of "Fantasia"? Is it just a mass illusion by Griffith and the God Hand to make everyone on earth easier to fully conquer with Evil? Or do you think that Griffith is perhaps preparing to go with war against his fellow God Hand, and become you know God? Well an Evil one, no doubt.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm going with the massive slaughter route.But that won't happen till Guts comes back with some insane new power he would have found on Elfhelm.I can also see an alliance of the magical creatures against the God Hand and the apostles. That would threaten the kingdom that Griffith created.OR Griffith will end up screwing up on his own, like Gaiseric supposedly screwed up.
And yes I also feel that the manga has been lighter ever since Schierke was introduced. Besides Qliphoth and the scene with the trolls we haven't seen that much gore lately.Maybe a little with Ganishka, but since then nothing.I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing, but because of that I feel that the manga isn't as intense as it used to be.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tbh, Fantasia caught me off guard, I mean sure I get that it's kind of a way to explain all those magical creatures in Berserk, we are still far from a solid explanation, it involves the God Hand no doubt.

What about the whole Fantasy world retreats or disappears and then we get some sort of classical chivalry fight between Guts and Griffith, no superpowers and stuff? :lmao

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Lol if only it was possible.Griffith will most likely cheat because he has the powers of a God hand. Regarding Fantasia and the magical creatures, I think the goal of Griffith and the God hand is to destroy all magical creatures because they're the only ones who can fight them off.Also by making these creatures visible to humans they want all humanity to come under Falconia's protection, which will only lead to them being sacrificed.I'm thinking this because of this panel:
http://www.mangareader.net/96-34049-7/berserk/chapter-307.html
That dome could be a behelit. It's not made of the same material as the rest of the buildings, and it has those waves and patterns, like it's something organic.
So in the end we still might get another eclipse, or to be more precise the ultimate eclipse.All this Fantasia stuff is just a prelude to something even more gory and sinister.

Last edited: