Favorite Anime of 2013 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorite Anime of 2013

Final Voting Round

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
why is "kill la kill" not in the poll , its outrageous.
Way too repetitive first half, show has finally started to get good this year.

Kaido1337

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I support Shingeki no Kyojin.

TXC

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru, but all 5 are good choices.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Heh... SNK wasn't that good.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Heh... SNK wasn't that good.
Still another round left. You'll have a chance to vote against it :^_^

I agree. Good anime, not that good. No doubt the most popular anime of 2013. If it wins the final round, I would accept it. I won't vote for it though.

---------- Post added January 29, 2014 at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was January 22, 2014 at 01:46 PM ----------

I'm resigned to Shingeki winning. It's almost inevitable. I can't really complain, either. I'd still love it if Hataraku, my favorite, won.

Last edited by a moderator:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard Hataraku was really good, although I've never seen it. It should really go onto my list--even my picky friend admitted it was pretty cute.

That said, I'm thinking out of sheer popularity and the fact that SnK is still a very good anime, that it will likely win this award.

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
The problem with Hataraku Maou-sama is, for me, that I watched it right after finishing Maouyuu Maou Yuusha, so it was good, but disappointing... So I won't vote for Hataraku Maou-sama, because of it. A bit like when I watched Angel Beats right after Ano Hana, you watch something really great and another really good one after it, but the first had a greater impact anyway, like catching you with a more fitting art style, or a different tone, etc...

As usual, I don't manage to say something clear, I hate my brain cells... :-_-

Anyway, still, two great animes, and well a lot of people dislike SnK, so we may have Hataraku be the favorite.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The problem with Hataraku Maou-sama is, for me, that I watched it right after finishing Maouyuu Maou Yuusha, so it was good, but disappointing...
You find Maoyuu better than Hataraku?

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
You find Maoyuu better than Hataraku?
I wouldn't say better, but yeah, I preferred it. (a lot of people prefer Hataraku Maou-Sama, so yeah, I know I'm the weird one, it was still great, but I had different expectations ^^ )

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The problem with Hataraku Maou-sama is, for me, that I watched it right after finishing Maouyuu Maou Yuusha
They didn't really have anything in common, other than both having (very different) Maou's. I don't understand the basis of comparison :headscratch

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
They didn't really have anything in common, other than both having (very different) Maou's. I don't understand the basis of comparison :headscratch
That's basically my point and what I didn't manage to formulate, I expected something with some similarities and it was totally different, I enjoyed one more than the other.

To end the off-topic with it, it's pretty much every-time the same thing every-time, I have a friend, I ask him what's good to watch, he tells me :

Go watch [Maoyuu, Ano Hana, Hyouka] ! (pick one, he recommended me all of them)
I come back and say "Love it, before I finish it can you give me another cool one ?"
Okay now go watch [Hataraku, Angel Beats, Boku wa Tomodachi] it's a bit similar...

So this way you just end up disappointed and have a tendency to compare them to the previous one, which made me think that. Hopefully Hataraku and Angel Beats redeemed themselves when I finished them, maybe I wasn't that much in the story for Hataraku. By the way, Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai is totally different from Hyouka and well, I don't even know why he recommended it to me.

I should never listen to his recommendation again. (what I thought after Boku wa tomodachi)

Epilogue : a few weeks before this post, "You liked Hataraku Maou-Sama, you should watch Yuusha Ni Narenakatta." And I followed his recommendation, the result : :shootme

I think now I'm like this people saying "I'll never buy EA games again" and still ending up buying the last Battledibs 4 or whatever...

Epilogue of the epilogue : I haven't bought an EA game since 2011, achievement get "EA nope, it's in the DLC's"

I managed to totally derail my own post.

Last edited: