Favorite Arc/Storyline | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorite Arc/Storyline

What's Your Favorite Arc/Storyline?

• Sabaody Archipelago

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Marineford

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Zou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enies Lobby

• Impel Down

• Dressrosa

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Alabasta

• Thriller Bark

• Skypiea

• Totland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Favorite Arc/Storyline

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Wano arc will be the best :)

But, since that probably isn't allowed, I'll vote...

Sabaody Archipelago - Introduction of supernovas, Rayleigh, Kizaru... and it was awesome with Traffy, Kidd and Luffy. Especially Luffy punching that Celestial dragon

Marineford - having a cluster of strong characters was good. And some very emotional moments. Whitebeard was tremendous in this imo.

Zou - just loved every bit about this. The minks were cool, and sooo much great information. And I enjoyed it when Zunisha sent Jack to the bottom of the ocean

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Alright i guess i'll nominate...

1) Marineford
This arc is probably the best imo. Good fights, strong characters on each side. Emotions as well, with the deaths of two important characters, leading to a drastic change in the One Piece world. Definitely a very nice arc.

2) Sabaody Archipelago
I was especially hyped for the Supernovas while watching the anime. Their introduction is pretty cool, and overall this arc is great. Basically, what @Brandish said.

3) Enies Lobby
I enjoyed the whole arc to be honest, but the fights with CP9 were very enjoyable. Good emotional moments involving Robin, good development with Usopp (love Sogekingu btw), everyone showing some nice improvement... A great arc imo.

Honorable mention to...
Punk Hazard
I'm a simple guy. When i see Vergo with food stuck on his face, i like. Caesar's laugh makes me laugh everytime.
This arc was pretty good imo, just not in my top 3 quite yet. Maybe when i'm here in the anime, i'll change my mind about it.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Marineford - Easily the height of OP so far for me. Great moments, fights, 2 powerful deaths, and just overall chaos done at it's finest!
Enies Lobby - Solid fights, great development for my Favorite female character (Robin), one of the best flashbacks for me, and finally it was the first big time the SH's were noticed by the World Government.
Impel Down - Great tone and atmosphere, a way better villain than i would have thought by looking at him lol (Magellan), Luffy's defeat by said man, and finally the great breakout with some old enemies even.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Easily the Alabasta arc as it was the defining point of One Piece for me back then. While everything up to that arc was nice, it wasn't until the awesome part of Alabasta until One Piece truly reached bigger heights for me.

Other arcs I enjoyed a lot(but less) was Skyepia and Thriller Bark.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Here are my preferences:

1) Skypiea:
Certainly, Skypiea was slow in the Noland's flashback and all the protagonists facing the Death Game. But the feeling for so many catholicism countries to defy God in a completely new landscape depicting Heaven to end with the protagonist with the power of the devil holding himself the title of the King of the Seas before the showdown. Epic in the most raw way to take it.

Skypiea is, indeed, my favorite arc, it holds many ingredients to be added in any outcome possible for a place in the series. The religion involved also delivers a great taste, usually it's needed courage to write about it, despite any resemblance to start comparing and pissing people.

2) Alabasta:

Just like above, but regarding politics. The first kingdom to appear and try to be taken, it had flaws but was quick phased and the feelings were flowing non-stop. Zoro's fight was iconic and Crocodile is one of the villain most easy to despise yet being awesome for his haughtness.

3)Totland:
This is specially because of the indirect revelation of what the One Piece is, which it makes you part of your reading. It's fast, holds plenty of information and clues to use in the future, it's a big wall and it's a woman leading the hierarchy. Makes me wonder if Luffy will be hitting a woman for a third time.

But, since that probably isn't allowed, I'll vote...
I think you still can because Wa no Kuni, indeed, has appeared. Just check how the trees in this picture are made:

They're just like japanese type of drawing would depict them. You can talk about how Apoo is communicating information, reactions like in the pic and how X Drake is working... also how it's defined already as a winter island, etc.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Agree with Gary Gry: I'd already loved the feel of One Piece up until Alabasta, but that whole saga just upped every aspect of the manga tenfold. That was when I realized how epic the series could be. Crocodile was an incredible villain too.
So I support Alabasta arc.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Marineford
It was what finally made me follow OP on a weekly basis, and just like wine, it has aged well, since while we knew Luffy was outclassed in that war, now that we are getting closer to the admirals and younkous (who either were or are on par with participants of the war), we know HOW MUCH it actually was.

Enies Lobby
Merry...Lucci vs Luffy...Usopp vs Luffy...FRRRRRRRUAAAAAANKY

Impel Down

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Enies Lobby arc: RIP Merry, but Robin got great shine in this. I loved watching this in the anime like 10 years ago.

Skypiea arc: This arc was the first time I felt like OP was an "adventure" to me. Great main villain in Enel, fav part was the SH Gang going upward in the sky to go to Skypiea, and great battles. It was dope.

Alabasta arc: Made me like Nami after I hated her when she was introduced. Vivi is beautiful and I liked her character growth and Baroque Works was the Akatsuki before the Akatsuki. Crocodile is infamous for being a great villain.

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Marineford Arc for crazy situation
Enies Lobby arc for amazing battles
Arabasta arc for when One Piece starting good for me

Honorable mention : Zou arc. although it's only a moment, but the hype for future story is high. and the pace is fast, I like it.

Last edited:

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
This is another difficult one for me, but I'll go with Dressrosa for now because of Doffy-senpai and a multitude of other epic moments that transpired during the whole arc.

VA.Smoker

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My three favorite are Marineford, Enies Lobby and Impel Down..... I wish Oda can recreate the magic of Marineford when luffy and gang takes on Big Mom...

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
This is too difficult.. Alabasta... Enies Lobby.. Sabaody... Impel Down? They all have their own awesome qualities.

At least I can rule out Marineford (epic at times, but what a mess pacing- and focus-wise), Thriller Bark and Dressrosa (good but with too dragged out and, frankly, uninteresting final battles).

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dunno, but I might be one of the few that liked Skypeia; maybe because I read it as a volume rather than waiting for individual chapters.

It took us to higher levels (literally), introduced some abilities we've all come to love, characters and animals (Holly, Pierre) and a villain that seemed to have no way of being defeated.

Also the ringing of the bell and Robin's discovery of the Poneglyph and its message were emotional. On one side you had the descendant of the Montblanc having his belief justified and then the relief of the Shandians to know that their mission was complete, no longer did they need to fight.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I liked Skypiea a lot, too. I read it as a volume as well, and together with Jaya it was the arc that seemed the most "piratey" and "adventurous" since the very first arcs and the East Blue Saga. Enel as a villain was a perfect way to show that power level isn't something that's easily defined in this series; the fact that Luffy could beat someone who was a "god" in power. Also, like I said in the other thread, Skypiea as a location was friggin' awesome.

I'd also like to say that this is where the crew dynamic really started to feel cemented in its humor and relations, and has stayed more or less the same (in other words, great) since then.

Damn, goldbob, you're making this too hard on me..

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'll go for Enies Lobby. More than just the arc, the entire saga was my favourite. Enies Lobby packs my absolute favourite fights as well.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah.........MARINEFORD after all....The best there was until now.:hmph

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Guess I'm in the minority here.. Marineford is one of my least favorite arcs, actually. The focus is scattered as heck and it just dragged on... Too much stuff happening at once, and yeah that's obviously what it's like in full-blown war, but it should still feel like the story itself knows what is important. Imo that whole arc was just "here's a bunch of chaos happening, then some major character joins the fight only for the story to cut to someone else before we get to see any actual combat. Repeat. Throw in a chapter containing only double-spreads for good measure every three chapters or so, who cares that the story needs to move forward?"

Maybe I need to reread that arc without the wait between each chapter. That might have been what made it feel so dragged out..