Voting - Favorite Battle | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Favorite Battle

Favorite Battle

• The Eclipse

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Roshinu from the lost children arc

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Siege of Doldrey - Guts versus Boscogn

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Neo Band of the Hawk verses Ganishka's army

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Guts vs Zodd at the Hill of Swords

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • When Guts single handedly killed 100 men

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Guts vs Wyald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guts vs the Tigers then fighting all the way to the docks

• Serpico vs Guts in the Pillar Hall

• Total voters

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the voting phase of
Favorite Battle

This thread if for this specific nomination only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Berserk Awards Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only one title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

Nominees:

The eclipse
Roshinu from the lost children arc
Siege to Doldrey, Guts versus Boscone
Neo Band of the Hawk verses Ganishka's army
Guts vs Zodd right after griffth's rebirth
When guts single handedly killed 100 men(2)
Guts vs Wyald
Guts vs the Tigers then fighting all the way to the docks

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The eclipse.

Even though it was just a tad bit one sided.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There are several, but one that's really been on my mind first when I think about it was the Siege to Doldrey, Guts versus Boscone.

The fact he had his sword broken and needed Zodd's help is the breaking point in it: he was acknowledged by THE Zodd as being worthy of living through and winning, as he had been all that time fighting with a dull sword and still holding his own.

It also shown how hard that moment was for him, since he stood on the verge of death (pretty much like his fight against Pazuzu) and needed the help of an enemy to win. It's also impactating the fact that he was fighting under such a bad position that once he got a nice blade (Zodd's) he immediately won.

And finally, it was Guts accepting the powers of evil's help for the first time, in exchange for his survival. So, a crucial point in the story and a great exciting twist! I still get goosebumps from his victory against all odds!

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite battle was the Neo Band of the Hawk verses Ganishka's army and his subsequent defeat. Even though the apostles are the bad guys, it's pretty damn awesome to see them butcher the enemy.

Last edited:

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite battle was the Neo Band of the Hawk verses Ganishka's army and his subsequent defeat. Even though the apostles are the bad guys, it's pretty damn awesome to see them butcher the enemy.
well I wouldn't exactly say Ganishka is a good guy...

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States

omegakai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts vs Zodd right after griffth's rebirth.

Showing that he could go toe to toe with zodd in human state and that he force him to fight in his apostle form, showed how much guts was improving.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Oh man, so many awesome battles to pick from but I have to go with when guts single handedly killed 100 men in the golden arc, it was just so impressive. Miura does a great job at showing us how Human Guts is but also showing us how good he is. A close second was when he curb stomped Griffith in one blow when he was leaving.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That was my second choice. And yet, llamapie's two options are also great. Berserk sure is full of good ones to pick!

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Oh man, so many awesome battles to pick from but I have to go with when guts single handedly killed 100 men in the golden arc, it was just so impressive. Miura does a great job at showing us how Human Guts is but also showing us how good he is. A close second was when he curb stomped Griffith in one blow when he was leaving.
yup, that's one of my all time favs too. the battle and what happens during it was a big step for the bonding of casca and guts.

but i have to say my real favourite is guts vs wyald.
it was guts' first fight to the death with an apostle and wyald was the right villain for that purpose. he was utterly scary and disgusting.
aside from that a lot of intense stuff happened during that battle... like griffith trying to grab his sword.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I agree that there are tons of great battles in this manga as it is mainly based on these battles, but I would also go with one of the fights in which participated my favourite character of these series - Guts.
I would go with the fight, when guts single handedly killed 100 men. As it was already stated it was a showcase of Guts power and skill as a swordsman, but also it showed his love towards Casca, his deep feeling and ability to sacrifice himself if needed to protect those who are close to him. And after that fight he got one of his nicknames.;)

Friday

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Guts vs the Tigers then fighting all the way to the docks, just to get to the ship.

GioGio

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
"Beast and man... Wolf and sheep... The holy and the wicked... Dream and reality... Life and death... Now went forth hand in hand..."

Seriously, the Neo Band of the Hawk verses Ganishka's army was one of the most epic battles I have ever seen in a manga.