Favorites - Favorite Characters | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Characters

Yoichi Hiruma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite characters are:

Cross Marian

Tyki

The Earl

Lavi

Allen

Zibi234

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Allen
Road
Lenalee
Tyki
maybe Levi as he does have funny aura around himself

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Allen & Tyki are my number one :D

after them:
Road & Cross

.... Though I have to say I like the Noahs more than the excorcists in general XD

tgirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like too many characters in this story, because of all their character developments and personalities. It's hard to pin-point on just a group of them. I basically root for all good humans and non-humans alike. Yep. Pretty much, anyone who's not wishing for the destruction of the world and its inhabitants. Wait.. I just thought of something. *quickly goes back to Instagram thread*

KitforKat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
When I try to list favourite DGM characters it always ends up being something like, "Allen, Tyki, Road, Lenalee, ooh and Johnny, ahh I love Lavi...Nea!!..." and I don't stop until I've named most everyone. I really, truly, love them all too much to choose. The characters in the manga are so fantastic. They're one of the biggest reasons why I'm so fond of DGM.

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cross Marian

Why? a bit detailed. I am chatty with favorite characters
I used to hate him at 1st, but he became my favorite character. He's really the reason I read the manga. Not that it's bad. The story and characters are all great, but I am more invested in Cross.

After re-reading the manga, it helped me see Cross' character better. At first, he comes off as a complete jerk-like Allen describes. But, in the manga we see he's actually a conflicted and caring guy. He's called a womanizer, but it seems he actually does respect women, and cares for his lovers, even keeping gifts they give him at his church, rather than trashing or selling them. He protects Lenalee on the ark, and despite Klaud's cold treatment of him, he still says she's a nice woman, and always is. I don't see Cross as a womanizer or player, like most describe. He seems polyamorous really. Or what tvtropes would call Chivalrous Pervert. And his character info says he likes "good women." If he was just someone that saw women as something to be slept with, I don't think he'd care what kind of woman it was.

And of course there's him staying at the Order simply because Lenalee asked him to. He was investigated, interrogated, guarded, and demoted. That's alot of crap to go through for a girl you aren't involved with-romantically or sexually.

People hate the way he treated Allen, but he does love him, and was just more tough love to make Allen stronger, and to bring out his true nature, which is why he likes dark Allen. Also to keep their relationship superficial, as he didn't want to care about him. And if he has to actively try to keep from caring for someone.......seems he's not as heartless as he'd have you think.

Backed by his excessive drinking, which he does when he feels bad, since his character quote in the fanbook was "Sake is the best medicine." Medicine is taken when someone feels bad. And given how much wine was in Cross' old room, he feels bad alot. And the face he has drawn on his wall seems rather odd, which may hint to more trauma than we know. And then there's the volume 27 poster where Allen has fallen asleep on Cross. Given Tim's relaxed position, Cross apparently let Allen nap there, rather than throwing him on the floor, or shoving him off. Though given the dots, Cross is a bit speechless lol

Also like how Cross comes off as having many different sides. He can be irresponsible, temperamental, obnoxious, and an ass, but also, wise, cunning, intellectual, inspirational, and kind. While he doesn't know everything, as even he has his moments of confusion or doubt, and being human in not handling things in the best of ways. And apparently, he isn't above making mistakes, since he made one with Allen, going on 203, which I have theory on. He's the protagonist's master, but he's not perfect. He has a nice balance of good and bad qualities, but most only focus on the bad.

So, he seems like one of the more conflicted characters, but also the most misunderstood, given how many times I have seen fans say he's heartless, sleazy, has no redeeming qualities, or is just awful. Then the number of fanfics where he's a rapist, molester, abuses Allen for no reason, and is as evil as the Earl.

Last edited:

Judar

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
1) Tyki

2) Lavi

3) Cross Marian

4) Allen

5) Jasdevi

Arcueid

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
1) Allen
2) Tyki
3) Cross
4) Road
5) Timcanpy

Taorero

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cross Marian
Levi
Allen, I honestly believe that Allen is one of the few Main Characters in Manga/Anime that I dont hate or that bores me to death
Winters Socalo, when the guy enter the battle just saying... Maaaaaadnesss it became instantly favorite

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
1. Cross Marian
2. Allen Walker
3. Miranda
4. Road
5. Daisya (why ;; )

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Wisely Kamelot
Nea/Allen
Howard Link
Tyki
Road Kamelot

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Allen
Lenalee
Earl of Millenium
Tyki
Yu

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just curious to who you guys rep?

my all time favorite character in all of anime/manga is General Marian Cross. Idky but when I saw him fight I just knew this was the guy. But D gray man is also my all time fav anime/manga. Just recently got a tincampy tattoo

Aracely

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Right now it's a tie between Lenalee and Mana for me. I love Lenalee's character development, and Mana's such a nice guy but also so complicated and tragic.