Voting Round 2 - Favorite Devil Fruit | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Favorite Devil Fruit

Favourite Devil Fruit

• Gura Gura no Mi (Whitebeard)

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Ito Ito no Mi (Doflamingo)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Mythical Zoan Dragon (Kaido)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's not been established if Kaido has or not a devil fruit.
Fair point. I'll include it for this event until it's stated otherwise that he doesn't, as I believe it is a mythical zoan devil fruit.

Veni Vidi Vici

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Fair point. I'll include it for this event until it's stated otherwise that he doesn't, as I believe it is a mythical zoan devil fruit.
It's hinted it could be not.
Oda always made it clear when it comes from devil fruits power.
When he presented the Calamities he included the box with their devil fruit's name, not with Kaido.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oda always made it clear when it comes from devil fruits power.
When he presented the Calamities he included the box with their devil fruit's name, not with Kaido.
Not always.

That's not the case at all. When Jack is introduced in ch808, only his epithet and position are mentioned. His devil fruit was only confirmed a few chapters after by Nekomamushi (ch810).
As for Queen and King, They're both introduced in ch925, King's fruit isn't revealed until ch930 and Queen's fruit wasn't revealed until he fought Big Mom in Udon(ch945). In each of these instances it's only when they've used their abilities.

In the series in general, it's actually a rare occurence for character's devil fruit to be named when they are introduced. It's mostly revealed as a plot point some time later in the arc( or occasionally before we even meet them) or even in separate source material such as databooks or SBS.

In any case, Kaido's nomination will remain. If you wish to debate about the likelihood of his race, there should be a thread somewhere about that particular topic or feel free to create one and tag me in it. I don't want to derail this even any further.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Not always.

That's not the case at all. When Jack is introduced in ch808, only his epithet and position are mentioned. His devil fruit was only confirmed a few chapters after by Nekomamushi (ch810).
As for Queen and King, They're both introduced in ch925, King's fruit isn't revealed until ch930 and Queen's fruit wasn't revealed until he fought Big Mom in Udon(ch945). In each of these instances it's only when they've used their abilities.

In the series in general, it's actually a rare occurence for character's devil fruit to be named when they are introduced. It's mostly revealed as a plot point some time later in the arc( or occasionally before we even meet them) or even in separate source material such as databooks or SBS.

In any case, Kaido's nomination will remain. If you wish to debate about the likelihood of his race, there should be a thread somewhere about that particular topic or feel free to create one and tag me in it. I don't want to derail this even any further.
Same for Law, ope ope no mi has been introduced only in chapter 765, way after Law and his power have been introduced :

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Same for Law, ope ope no mi has been introduced only in chapter 765, way after Law and his power have been introduced :

Oh I was talking specifically about the Beast Pirates/Calamities. In the series in general, there are plenty of examples you can find; including the one you quoted.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A case can be made about any of the devil fruits listed on there but I went for the Gura Gura no mi and Kaido's fruit (likely to be a mythical Hebi Hebi no mi).

animeangryfan4

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
thoose are the DF picked? always have to be the villain fruits I see. Yes, yes I know. The Gura Gura was not villian before. But it is now.