Favorites - Favorite FT Quotes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite FT Quotes

randimari

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Was a bit surprised there wasn't any thread like this :teehee. Post your favorite quotes from FT, as there are a lot to choose from, old or recent of course. Here's one of mine:

"I'm tired of searching for answers. Let's settle this the simple way."

"I'm going to settle things with h myself, who, if only for a fleeting moment became emotional and sentimental over the thought of killing and parting ways with you"

"Fact of the matter is, you never had even a remote chance of winning against me from the outset" - Brandish, Chp 501

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have many favorite quotes actually.. But for the sake of discussion, here's one of them:

It's a quote by Gray, of course.

Gray:

"You're starting to make my ears bleed... I ain't trying to play Mr. Superhero over here either, you know. If it's my family on the line, I'll be as dark and black a villain as I need to in order to protect 'em!"

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
"Humans have 3 desires, sex, hunger, and sleep. So the final desire which I shall bestow... is that of sleep. However, the sleep I grant is, unfortunately, eternal." Larcade, Chapter 511

"Humans.... don't acquiesce to your whims!!" - Juvia, Chapter 394

"You won't ever get your freedom!!! No one who's controlled by ghosts can claim freedom!!! Free yourself, Jellal!!! " - Natsu, Chapter 98

"Consider this a warning: Stay away from us. There are twelve wizards in Alvarez of my caliber. It would be ill-advised to start a war you have no chance of winning. Fairy Tail." - Brandish, Chapter 443

"A human can only beg for mercy from a demon... in exchange for their soul. Will you sell me your soul?" - Seilah, Chapter 364

"It shall begin soon... Darkness will pour forth from the doors of hell... a darkness to swallow all the world's light." - Mard Geer, Chapter 380

"It's not a sin! Caring for your friends feelings is not a sin! If you disappear, then Aries, myself, and everyone here will be filled with sadness! You won't be repenting your sin that way!" - Lucy, Chapter 74

"If you do not rid yourself of that naviete, you will never defeat Acnologia. He is the apothesis of darkness itself. Truly, the lord of the Dragons." - Irene, Chapter 497

"I had no reason to come to this age. I'm not an ally to anyone. I'm not an enemy to anyone. But still, if an age is about to end right now... I might awaken once again." - Zeref, Chapter 242

"You're wrong. People can't really know about each other. Even the people you trusted can betray you." - Dimaria, Chapter 510

Noctiz

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
From my man Gray Fullbuster- "I don't care where I get hurt, as long as my injuries are visible."
"It's not the goodbyes that hurt, it's the flashbacks that follow"
"The pain of getting hit, the frustration of loosing, the joy of winning, all of that. They've been driven into this body, fists, and this head. It becomes my strength in the next fight. All of my battles up to now, those memories, they are all of my power"
"Everything doesn't have to be decided by life and death. Just think about the future."
"Your darkness...I will...seal it...

and his most funniest one
"There are times in a man's life when he must STRIP"
"Missy, could you please lend me your underwear?"
.XD

From my other fav Jellal

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did"
"Life and death are the very basis of all things. They intensify every emotion. Or, to put it in a rather different way, there is nothing quite so dull as "life"
"Tears are how our heart speaks when your lips cannot describe how much we've been hurt."

Jellal to Erza
""Scarlet. It's the color of your hair. That way, I'll never forget it!"

Mystogan
""I want to believe in a sacred light that encompasses the rage and sadness... A sacred light that guides all things.""

Gildartz
"“Fear is not evil. It tells you what you weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder.”

Makarov
"Even if I can't see you... No matter how far away you may be... I will always be watching you. "
"There are people in this world who prefer solitude. But there is no one who can withstand it.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
As far as Alvarez Arc goes there is no contest...

God Serena's trash talk was the best quotes from a shield. In the FT guild, I'd probably say Gray or Laxus would have my favourite quotes. Well not at Makarov's level :)

If I go back to before this arc, I liked a lot of Hades quotes. About magic, and his talks with Makarov. And when he's fighting team Natsu here and here. Gildarts too has a good quote when he makes Natsu bow in fear.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Most badass quote:
"The pain and suffering you've endured will soon be completely erased... along with your very existence"

Most touching quote:
"Magic doesnt hold a candle to love"

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
"It's quite hard to fathom that you are a comrade of the Black Wizard." - Kagura, Chapter 508

"I am much more than his comrade... The Black Wizard is my father" -
Larcade, Chapter 508

kemor

Reaction score
Country
Poland
"I stopped you because I didn't want you to die. Or did my voice not reach you?" Natsu to Gray in Deliora Arc

"Shall we begin the demonhunt?" Natsu vs Jackal

"It's okay to get mad when the old man gets done in, right?"
Laxus vs Hades

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
"My arm throbs. The one that the fire dragon took from me. The Dragon King's Festival... That's where I will take everything back. I am the true dragon king, and I alone reign supreme. I am Acnologia" - Acnologia

"Don't cry. You remember...I told you what to do when you're feeling sad. Go on. Try it. First you need to stand up. I am always with you. I have always been, and I always will be. So show me more! Show me how you keep growing! Show me how you live! Yes... Look to the future, and that will become your will to live."
- Igneel

Last edited:

tertonon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Oh, please, i think ALL quotes from Fairy Tail are awesome. It's like one big book of awesome quotes. Just some of them:

"Everyone exists for a reason". Mirajane
"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did". I like that quote from Jellal too.
"Even if you can kill gods, it doesn't mean you can kill fairies too." Laxus

I like that dialogue between Jellal and Erza

And that between Sting, Rogue and Jiemma :
Jiemma: Sabertooth is supposed to be the strongest!!! You two and your pathetic weakness have ruined that vision!
Sting: True... We were weak. But that weakness was not the sort of which you speak. The weakness that prevented us from seeing our allies as such. We’ve had enough of weak guild like that.
Rogue: In order to turn Sabertooth into a strong guild... in the true sense of the word... We’re starting from square one.
Sting: That is why it falls on us to make sure...
Rogue: You disappear.
Jiemma: Strength is only within the individual! It relies on your own personal will!
Sting: Wrong. Strong guilds do exist. Right next to us in fact... We were blessed... to have had the chance to meet such a strong... Kind... And upstanding guild.
Jiemma: Strength is individual! Dependance on another is weak... weak... weak... weak! It is the very epitome of weakness!
Sting: So says you... We live for one another! And to live... we love another! Like Fairy Tail! Strongly..
Jiemma: Blaasheemyy!
Rogue: We will fix your twisted brokenness.
Sting: With a black and white needle!

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
"No matter what you try to steal from me... The light that lights my path cannot be stolen by anyone" - Erza, chapter 403
"There is a simpler explanation. It's because... She's Erza!" - Happy, chapter 404

Gryffindor

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
"All my doubts have been cleared, Natsu...Mavis...I will paint over your very existence with the darkest of black" -Zeref

"You wanna play that game, then fine, you all have no clue just how terrifying Fairy Tail can be" -Natsu

"Light and darkness are not inherently good or evil, if there is one true "good" in this world, perhaps it is love" -August

"You know not the true strength and terror of the twelve"
-Brandish & others :kappa

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Y'all know what the best best quote in the history of Fairy Tail is:
Lily: It must be some sixth or even seventh sense.
Lector: You take away someones senses and they develop senses they never knew they had?
Frosche: ????
Happy: There's an even simpler explanation...
Happy: It's because she's Erza :cookiehand

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Upon seeing Lucy naked, shocked, and her being embarrassed, telling the guys to leave.

Natsu: "We've seen your naked body a lot of times already though"
Gray: "Honestly the novelty of it wore off a while ago".

This portion of that chapter made my day.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
"I'm fired up" ~Natsu dragneel
"Don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest, so let's keep on going till the very end" ~Natsu dragneel.
"The worst kind of pain is when you're smiling just to stop the tears from falling." ~Lucy Heartfilia
"Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you." ~Lucy Heartfilia

"Listen up, brats! Today’s defeat is the seed for tomorrow’s victory! We’ll rise up and show them! We don’t know the meaning of giving up!"
~ Makarov ( Since he said this quote, FT didn't lose once )
"It is love that can make us strong, but it is also love that can make us weak" ~Makarov
"Fear is not evil, it tells you what your weakness is." ~Gildarts

Wanderer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is such a hard one! Honestly can't pick a favourite because there are too many good ones but two that just randomly come to mind are:

Gray: And you're always gonna be a step behind...stuck there staring at the fairy's tail.

Also...

Lyon: Lightning?!
Gray: This sort of weather is normal for Magnolia. Sunny...with a chance of Laxus.

*puts shades on* :hip

Gray is such a dork. The puns. THE PUNS :lmao

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would also like to post another one of my favorite quotes from FT. I remembered this quote after re-reading the early chapters of FT, recently.

It honestly doesn't get any better than this. It's a perfect statement to describe FT's old days.

Again, it's a quote from Gray (which is why he is one of my favorite characters). And it's still a badass quote.. hasn't changed since, in my opinion:

Gray Fullbuster:

"We'll stop it (referring to Lullaby)... And make you regret that you've targeted our "parents"... I'll teach you that there are guilds more frightening than a dark guild!!!"

LighteningLord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
" Its not important how strong your opponent is. What's important is standing up to him." - Laxus Dreyar

"The moment you think on giving up, think of the reason you held on so long!" - Natsu Dragneel

Takeover twin

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Erza "If they must be shattered I will collect your soul in retribution for their demise"

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's another one of my favorite quotes:

By Gray Fullbuster:

"I'll stop you as many times as I have to... Ice can stop anything, even life, in its tracks... And you're always gonna be a step behind... Stuck there staring at the fairy's tail."