Voting - Favorite Male Character | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Favorite Male Character

Favorite Male Character

• Guts

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Rickert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffith

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Judeau

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the voting phase of
Favorite Male Character

This thread if for this specific nomination only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Berserk Awards Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only one title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

Nominees:

Rickert
Guts(5)
Griffith
Skull Knight

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rickert The Beast Tamer

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts, hands down. This story of pain, love, struggle, horror, betrayal, friendship is his. Berserk is more than just a story about a guy with a really big sword killing people and monsters. Despite being a killer, he has feelings.

Last edited:

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Guts Hands down, coming in second for me would be Seprico.

omegakai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts. why cause i like seeing him kill shit

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
There are a lot of great characters but in the end the most interesting isGuts of course.
The way his thoughts and insights are shown in the manga makes it very easy to empathise with him.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Guts! He is way beyond everyone. He has the deepest character here in the story and is main hero also.:)

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
A hundrer times Guts.

But well. We have to add more. So I would say Skeleton Knight.

crazy_horse1989

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well, I would say Skull knight, because he's such a cool guy, and he's very very misterious.
But I wouldn't be true to myself if I said that, so it'll be Guts. He was found under his mother's corpse, thought to be a corpse himself, but he was alive. He was sold by his adoptive father to that fat pig, he didn't mean to, but killed Gambino and everybody misunderstood the act, so he had to run away. In doing so, he was shot with an arrow, nearly fell to his death, almost gotten eaten by a pack of wolves. When he finally found a place he thought he belonged to, he had to leave them only to come back and find them in the sad state that they were, finally found the love of his life, only to lose all his friends and to have his loved one raped in front of him, all the while while being able to do nothing but cut away with a broken sword at his arm that got trapped in the mouth of an apostle. When he did cut himself free, he got caught by the claw of another apostle and forced to watch the rape with the last sight of his right eye. He winessed the birth of his abomination of a son, perverted in the womb by dark forces. WOW, I mean, WOW!!
This is what made me fall madly in love with Berserk, Guts' struggle, his endless, sometimes hopeless fight. He's my favorite of all time, what happened to him made me change my entire view of the world. He transmits a message: "Stop being such a pussy, tackle your life head-on and forge your own destiny! Depression is for the weak, the strong ones fight to their last breath."

Last edited:

Friday

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Guts

GioGio

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I can't believe no one said Griffith yet! He is probably the best character I've ever seen in a manga, Miura was so careful in constructing Griffith's persona that I never cease to amaze myself with his actions throughout the story. I don't know any other manga character that appealed so much to the readers emotions as he did: As the plot develops, Griffith not only makes you admire him, but also feel sad for him, despise him, root for him, fear him... You never know what to expect because he changes everything everytime he shows up, and you always end up shocked with whatever happens because of him. Griffith presents himself in such a way that it also makes it impossible to simply label him as a "villain", even after all he did. This character is so big that, even though Guts is the de facto protagonist, it seems like Berserk is HIS own story, earning the title of "Chosen One" as given by the Idea of Evil.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guts it is. I love his character. He is never backing down from anything, surviving every moment of his life.