Favorites - Favorite moveset in Fairy Tail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite moveset in Fairy Tail

(⌐■_■)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This is one of my favorites attacks in Fairy tail, tho underused it's a point blank attack and most unorthodox of Natsus usual moveset.
Also it's got a cool name

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu using Crimson Phoenix against Zero and Mard Geer, Gray using ice make: platform to spring off it during Silver fight, Jellal's Altaris and now Nine Lightning Stars

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm assuming that moveset refers to favorite attacks and spells?

If that's the case, then I would have to go with Hades and Makarov on this one. Both "Masters of Fairy Tail" have unique magic spells in my opinion and the names of their attacks are actually pretty creative, in my personal opinion.

The color scheme and magic circles of these spells are also by far one of my favorite animations in the series. Probably one of the best appearances in terms of its casting design too:

Hades' Amaterasu: Formula 100 (It's a badass name for a spell, in my opinion)

Makarov's Maximum Defense Seal: Three Pillar Gods (Also another cool-sounding name for a spell)

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Laxus - Raging Bolt
Jellal - Kyuraishin
Zeref - Repent
Irene's sema was looking pretty good but Erza is Erza

Safron

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Lucy Kick! Urano Metra, Overall moves in Star dress forms
Gray's seven slice blood make dance, IM Silver, Ice Bringer, Bow and Arrow
Gajeel's shadow iron roar in GMG land.
Acnologia's tenrou destroying blast
Erza's summoning thousands of swords in her Heaven wheel armor equip

Takeover twin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Erza's nakagami starlight,Wendy's shattering light sky drill, all of Grays ice devil. Magic spells

kemor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Natsu: Lightning Flame Dragon's Roar. Shame he's not using it that often, once it lands the fight is over
Laxus: Narumikazuchi. Seriously, thrusting a lightning through someone's stomach? Count me in
Jellal: Meteor. Not really an attack but I love the speed it grants him.
Erza: Purgatory Armor. Not only does she look both terifying and beautiful in this armor, there's a nice dose of savagery in it. I mean, swords are dangerous but getting hit with a 2 meter long club? I'd rather get cut, thank you very much.

And something that will probably never happen, but I would kill to see it:
- Lightning Flame Dragon King's Roar(FDKM + Raienryuu). I'm pretty sure if he hit someone other than Acno or Zeref with this shit, he'd vaporize them. And I'm not kidding.

Katen

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greenland
Mount Fuji: Jura. Beastly spell
Sting's holy nova. Rogue's shadow posession
Zeref's death wave. Sharingan style
Acnologia's Tenrou Roar atleast.
Gray's DeS Spells
Erza's purgatory armor
Ichiya's parfum

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
My little top. From low to high. I chose skills for the impression at the time of their appearance.

Album on imgur

And out of the top - Abyss Break

Last edited:

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
purgatory slashing dragon. This would be my top three.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

To date still the most epic move in the series for me. It's a shame he's only ever successfully used it once so far

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

To date still the most epic move in the series for me. It's a shame he's only ever successfully used it once so far
Purgatory slashing dragon? :waah :pwnge

diceroll812

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Yes!!! It's criminal that Natsu only finished a opponent with a roar once (vs Bluenote). I wanted so much for him to finish a strong (in relation to him, since BN was strong), adversary with that move or an upgraded version.

Having said that, I also loved Purgatory Slashing Dragon and all the FDK moves in general are cool (although it's frustrating he uses demolition fist as a long range spell a lot of times when he can use the roar).

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
In no particular order:

- Rough silk (future Rouge)........... in fact, future Rouge's moveset is my favourite in the whole series. That mix of light and darkness in all his attacks is a treat to watch.

- Amaterasu 100 (Hades): I love the way magic circles surround you in that attack

- Memento Mori (Mard Geer): yeah, the attack failed. But I liked the visual effects and the concept of the spell.

- Self Destruction Circle (Jellal) : the visual effect of that attack was amazing to watch. Seeing the circle form and a complex "code" running through the targets' entire body, before collapsing/exploding from within

- Zeref's move to kill Hades: It was an un-named move as far as I know, but that moved looked Godly that I still remember it. Zeref's presence back then was Godly too, back then he legit had the presence deserving a final boss of the series.

- Roars in general: yeah, they are supposed to be mid tier moves of the DS/dragon. But they are always the defining moves of the DS/dragon for me, there is a reason why Mashima especially builds up that move in intro of DS to hype them up. I always remember Laxus revealing himself as a DS and then using the roar, was hype!

- Refraction (Midnight): hax done right