Favourite Game Music | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favourite Game Music

aNYthing

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you guys think is the best soundtrack from a video game whether it be rpg, action etc.

or what anime has had the best songs??

my favorite would have to be any DBZ Budokai game(not tenkaichi)
and the rest would be final fantasy 5,6,8,10, and maybe 12

rikki

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Best Game and/or Anime Soundtrack, or best song

I wouldn't say best, but...Guilty Gear - The Midnight Carnival OST was bloody awesome.

Rockers making a soundtrack for a fighting game that looks absolutely flawless? Double win right there

I personally love every song on that OST

I also play the guitar, so I guess that also pays its respects as well...

jim mayniam

Reaction score
Country
United States

it may be an oldie but i'm still very partial to the chrono cross OST...the map music from the alternate world is teh awesome.

Windmillblade

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Comix Zone for sega genesis.
Berserk anime soundtrack.

Kaiyashe

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The .hack//G.U. soundtrack is awesome.

My personal favorite soundtrack would be Tales of Legendia's, it has some really awesome music.

Jermofoot

Reaction score
Country
United States

Xenogears is pretty good, and in particular I like the one that's just a synth harpsichord.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Country
Ireland

well, don't play video games so I can't tell about it ^^

but Death Note's OST is awesome particularly L's & Light's Themes!

Nantalith

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

I'm very fond of Kingdom Hearts (I and II) and Final Fantasy OSTs (VII, VIII, X, X-2 and XII) but also love ICO's 'heal'. Anime would be most Naruto, especially Shipuuden, and Full Metal Alchemist. The one track I adore from Bleach I can't find - sigh!

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Guilty Gear (any) heavy guitars + killing + scantly clad girls= WIN!

Final Fantasy (the series from 1-10) also has a really good soundtrack, if you guys want to hear the battle themes turned into prog-rock try looking for Black Mages, it's Nobuo Uematsu's band.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Baten Kaitos had really good music, especially the battle scenes, battle scene music for BK would beat Final Fantasy anyday. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance also had a pretty good soundtrack.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Your favourite game music, whether it be from the PS3 or the GameBoy Colour, or from the 2000s or the 1970s.

Some of my favourite is from Baten Kaitos, absoutely loved the fight music. Final Fantasy is a favourite as well, especially from FFX.

Now discuss away!

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'd very well say there're bunches of great songs from Chrono Cross - such as Lost Fragments, Radical Dreamers, and all those acoustics in each scene. I really like the one at Another World's Arni Village, it sounded so peacefully good.

Until this day I've never played FFX (I don't own any other new PS than PS1... and THAT one was also broken... !) Only heard of Suteki Da Ne -- and concluded I liked FF9's Bittersweet Romance, Rose of May and Dissipating Sorrow better. Haha. :]

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Every music used in Final Fantasy VII. :<
I ARE TEH TRUE FANZ!

PaperFlowers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My favourites are parts of the soundtrack from Final Fantasy III (especially since they were redone for the DS) and Final Fantasy V (played the Gameboy Advance version.) I like listening to most of the series' music, even though I haven't played quite a lot of the games. (I prefer handheld consoles.)

Has anyone heard of The Black Mages? They're a band (involving Nobuo Uematsu) who do rock covers of FF songs. Fun.

skutergirl

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I feel in love with Silent Hill's music. Especially "Theme of Laura". Creepy, sad and good all in one!:D

One Eyed Sharingan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My favorite is from Valkyrie Profile, love the music (Motoi Sakuraba is the best :D:D:D), especially "Battle with God Syndrome", "Confidence in The Domination", "Behave Irrationally"

Last edited:

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Final Fantasy VI <3
Every soundtrack from the FF series is great, though. Aeris' theme, Waltz for the moon, the Balamb Garden theme, the FF7 world theme, FF IV battle song, every battle theme from FFT (and that wonderful opening)....but nothing beats the wonderful Aria Di Mezzo Carattere from FFVI (the opera song)...:~) The characters' themes from FF6 are also spetacular. I won't ever forget Terra's theme.

I'm listening to the Phoenix Wright orchestra soundrack now, it's very good. Very catchy songs ^^

I love the Xenogears soundtrack and the Lunar series also.

(The Guitar Hero soundtracks doesn't count as videogame music ne? xD)

But the best one is the Super Mario Bros theme, no arguing! >D

edit: How could I forget? GUILTY GEAR! Fuuga > all! xD

Last edited:

AxelCross

Reaction score
Country
United States
Noice thread. Very noice. :pleased

Well, first and foremost RPG music will always be my number one. Namely, Nobuo Uematsu of course, the man is a genius and has indirectly gotten me through a lot of troubled, stressful times with this serene, beautiful music, to say the very least. My favorite score out of all the Final Fantasy games has to be VIII. Blue Fields, Lunatic Pandora, Balamb Garden, among others are my favorites. Blue Fields will put me to sleep like a baby, it's so calming and will no doubt calm me down from anything. Runner ups are VI, VII, and X. Other than the FF series, I really love the Chrono series music. A few others series favorites are Legend of Legia, Legend of Dragoon, Baten Kaitos, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire, and Xeno-series. I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting, but those stick out the most.

Now there is one series that gets it's own category, just because it's that amazing. The Legend of Zelda of course! Koji Kondo captivates with the mythical music of this series in ways that are only rivaled by Uematsu's work. From the Hyrulean triumph to the serene sounds of Lake Hylia, all tracks are no doubt classics. I truly cannot remember hearing a Zelda game that didn't completely blow me away with its score. The one game that stands out for me, however, is The Wind Waker. It's so upbeat and wild yet has those mystical and passive tracks as well, it's the perfect blend for any fantasy fan.

Next up is Metal Gear. While the score isn't as captivating to listen to as Final Fantasy or The Legend of Zelda, it has its own special....something that adds to it. Which is why I love it so much, I can't put my finger on what makes it so special, but every time I hear the Metal Gear Solid 3 theme, or the espionage wonders of the Tanker in Metal Gear Solid 2, it brings back some great memories and keeps me on the edge of my seat as I play. It's also nice to listen to as background music. The slow and jazz-like tones play it nicely if one decicdes to kick back to the OST. Other tunes are clearly more jazz oriented than others, but they all still have a general tone which makes listening to the OST an experience, it helps to keep it consistent.

Well, that's about it. I have other favorites but I'm a bit tired right now. So I'll save it for another post another day. :amuse :)

Baron Hugenstein

Reaction score
Country
Canada
For me:
1) the MGS series, the songs from games are simply amazing.....each song gets you into the specific game section/scene whether it is sad, action or happy......

2) the Resident Evil series, by far my favorite in all games.......each song is just suitable for the situation it is played.....and it is very very hard to forget them.

3) also the Silent Hill series too......just great:D

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
XENOSAGA <3 Communication Breakdown is teh fucking rocks <3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufIFbvMtMTo Some of the most gorgeous music I have ever head in my life

Anything FF, for the most part. One Winged Angel <3 Suteki da ne <3 To Zanarkand <3 anything else <3

In also truly enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. Not just for Utadu Hikaru, but the composition of the base soundtrack was both stirring and pretty much just effing awesome, in both I and II.