Discussion - Favourite Villains Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Favourite Villains Discussion

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
My top 4 of the ft's villains;
1) Acnologia ( He's just badass:hearts and if you want to survive an encounter with him, you need tons of plot armor and PoF, hehe :smile-big !!! I want also to see his backstory which is rather very promising because I want to know his reasons to become the dragon of apocalypse!)
2) ToH Jellal ( He suffered from a tragic past and I also liked the idea of a kind hearted guy being possessed by Zeref's ghost and due to that turning into a cool enemy! Smart and absolutely ruthless to reach his own goals. Back then in this arc Zeref was still a legend and gave the arc a mystic, dark touch:zomg)
3) Mard Geer ( I loved the design of both of his forms and he was also rly interesting. Especcially his idea to destroy magic of an entire continent in order to revive E.N.D and kill Zeref was just epic:nuts. Btw he is a total ass, torturing his own comrades like a true demon)
4) Future Rogue ( It's always cool to see a good guy going evil after he suffered from so much despair that it completely broke his morals and current Rogue has the potential to turn bad as well because of his shadow :p)

Honorable mentions: Cobra, Ultear, Deliora, Silver, Laxus, Bradman, Zancrow and Des Gray in avatar arc
Btw some of them aren't evil anymore ;)

Last edited:

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
My personal favourite villains:

1) Mard Geer. This guy is badass.
2) Midnight, tied with Cobra. As much as i love Cobra as a character, i feel like Midnight deserves to be tied with him as a villain. I like both of their designs and i sure wish they would get more spotlight.
3) Azuma. I understand people's disappointment with the Azuma VS Erza fight. But i've always LOVED Azuma.
By far my favourite out of the 9 GH guys + Hades. Rustyrose's post timeskip development made me like him more too. But Azuma is mah boi.
4) Dimaria, with Brandish as an honorable mention. My 2 favourite Spriggans by far. I like Brandish more, but as a villain Dimaria takes the spot.
5) Erza Knightwalker. I like Erza's Edolas counterpart as much as i like Erza herself.

But let's be real. As much as i love those villains in particular... Nobody can beat THIS character in that aspect:

Hum wait no... Wrong one.
HERE is the best villain:

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Mard Geer for the sole fact that he looks like Naraku and was voiced by the same actor.
Hades, Ultear were also great villians. both having connections to atleast one fairy tail member.
Acnologia is definitely up there.

Summer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
If I had to choose one bad " villain " I would choose Irene . She is such a sadist woman and sometimes she just look like she's out of her mind lol .

She have no problem with killing people but before she want to kill people she torture them first ( which show how sadist and cold hearted she is )

I would pick jellal as the not so good villain.... or maybe ultear .

I wish rustyrose turn to the good side and join crime sorciere ..... I would look up to them if he is in there . He's pretty strong .

One things that I don't like about Irene is her design..... she look boring . I have seen so many anime girl that look like her....

For example.
This is Irene

And this is her doppelganger

Irene design is nothings new for me.... I would just scrolling and made a mental note " oh she look like Irene "
*continue scrolling* ......

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
@Brandish

- Who are your favourite villains and why were they good at the role of the villain?
I have a lot of favorite villains, so I will make a list and categorize them.

Individual list (in no order):
Irene Belserion
Brandish μ
Dimaria Yesta
Jacob Lessio
Sayla

They were once villain:
Ultear Milkovich
Laxus Dreyar
Merudy

As duo/trio/group:
Jellal Fernandes and Ultear Milkovich (they were good at deceiving Magic Council)
Nine Demon Gates (I liked the demonic theme)
Spriggan 12 (This villain group is my most favorite one so far)
Trio female Spriggan (Irene, Dimaria, Brandish)

- Who wasn't a particularly good villain and are there any former villains you wish didn't turn to the good side?
I don't really have ones tbh, because I passively follow Mashima-sensei's storyline and enjoy it.

Irina_mashiro_22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
my favorite villains of course that would be acnologia, zeref but right now it's August and Eileen/Irene.. August is trashing CS like it was nothing he's awesome the king of magic and Eileen/Irene is actually scares me every time she appear specially the last one.. its like she always up to no good..

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Hmm let me dig in this thread
Who are your favourite villains and why were they good at the role of the villain?
1)Acnologia
No explanation needed.He is the epitome of badassery.His backstory will be emotional and his motives are currently shrouded in mystery.
2)Zeref
Even though he cries too much he can categorised as a villain.
3)Irene
Sadistic and is actually my wife
4)Mard Geer
He was a shrewd manipulator and his attitude,hair and actions deserve him to be a grwat villain.
5)TOH Jellal
Shrewd manipulator and his actions attract me.
Who wasn't a particularly good villain and are there any former villains you wish didn't turn to the good side?
1)Evil Gray
Hiro wasted that potential.
2)Kain Hikaru
Nothing to mention.

Still hoping END will be a violent villain.

tertonon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hades/Precht Gaebolg
Don't know about spoilers, so i put them , just in case
Reasons:
1) 2nd master of Fairy Tail
2) The one , who gave Makarov title of 3rd master
3) One of the first Fairy Tail members
4) Created Eternal Magic
5) One of the MAIN reasons is probably the DUMBEST ( sorry about that), because how strong he is. When he fought Fairy Tail, he was the most overpowered walking tank compared to other villains that Fairy Tail faced at that moment. Of course now much stronger enemies appeared, but he still remains in my memory.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Hades/Precht Gaebolg
Don't know about spoilers, so i put them , just in case
Reasons:
1) 2nd master of Fairy Tail
2) The one , who gave Makarov title of 3rd master
3) One of the first Fairy Tail members
4) Created Eternal Magic
5) One of the MAIN reasons is probably the DUMBEST ( sorry about that), because how strong he is. When he fought Fairy Tail, he was the most overpowered walking tank compared to other villains that Fairy Tail faced at that moment. Of course now much stronger enemies appeared, but he still remains in my memory.
There's no need to show it in spoilers as everything about Hades has already been revealed long ago in the anime/manga :)

tertonon

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
There's no need to show it in spoilers as everything about Hades has already been revealed long ago in the anime/manga :)
I just being careful with spoilers, besides his backstory is awesome and there always will be people who just started to watch Fairy Tail. T_T

T.C.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
1)Jellal
2)Mard Geer
3)Acnologia
4)Future Rogue
5)Hades

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The best villain has to be dark Jellal. He actually killed a former friend, tortured and hurt someone he loves, and did tons of damage and showed how powerful he is.

August doesn't seem to be a villain, though. OTherwise he'd be on the list too.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
"Among these villain groups, which one is your most favorite?"

Mashima-sensei has a tendency to make villain groups with a certain number.

Oracion Seis (The Six Prayers) 六魔将軍

Seven Kin of Purgatory 煉獄の七眷属

Nine Demon Gates 九鬼門

Spriggan 12 スプリガン12
Now, tell me, which one do you like the most and why?

(no bashing)

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Seven Kin of Purgatory(because of my bae Ultear:)) >>>> Oracion Seis(Cobra, Angel, Midnight) >>>> Nine Demon Gates(Mard Geer, Kyuoka, Seilah, Silver) >>>>>> Fodder 12

that's my ranking.

P.S Natsu really needs to ruin Nine Demon Gate's cover :mad

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
OS > S12 > 9DG > 7 Kin

I like more people from the 7 Kin than 9DG but I felt like the overall impact of what they did was way more threatening. Only people I like from 9DG not including Mard is Sliver and Seilah foreal foreal. S12 have been up and down but the overall dexterity of them is something I can't help but like. OS were the first villains that I got attached too, flat out. Better than villain Laxus or evil Jellal.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Character wise I'd go with the Spriggan 12 by a long shot. In regards to villainy i.e. which group fulfilled the role of villains the best I'd go with the nine demon gates. The OS hardly even felt like villains tbh, although I suppose the fact that they are now good guys might be a factor in my view of them as villains. The 7 Kin were alright, nothing special but nothing bad either.

Phasmatos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Falkland Islands
It's pretty obvious that best villain objectively is Mard Geer. He didn't give a shit about anything, he was about to rid the world of magic by activating face, killing off the entire council, not fearing Acnologia and Igneel. And simply said "these dragons have caused problems" because he knew once FACE was on, Acnologia was nothing more than a short brown human.

He made Natsu his bitch and had one of his subordinates nearly kill the entire guild if it wasn't for Cana.