Voting Round 1 - Felix Argyle vs Lelouch vi Britannia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Felix Argyle vs Lelouch vi Britannia

Who wins?

• Felix Argyle

• Lelouch vi Britannia

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Why felix of course

What better husbando than him? He's a knight, a respected being known for having great magical healing skill (you ain't dying with him around, maybe only because you hnnnnggggg too much at him :hurr ) , fun, charismatic, with class, gorgeous :sky. I tell you ladies and gentleman, vote feris and dont look back...(unless he's there, then take a peek :hurr ).

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I'm voting for Lelouch. He's handsome, a great soldier, and would look good in drag.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lelouch is nothing compared to Felix.
Does Lelouch have a cat tail to play with? No? Thought so.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Lol didn't know a trap has more value than a handsome man

Okay now who is Lelouch

General Information

Lelouch Vi Britannia or Lelouch Lamperouge as his alternative name, after he's exiled to Japan, is a Britannian prince, 17th in line to the throne. He later denounces his royalty and takes up as a student at Ashford Academy, where he becomes caught up in a terrorist plot and ensues what is yet to come.

Personality

This perfectly encapsulates Lelouch's personality
Lelouch is highly intelligent and tactical with a deep understanding of warfare from his chess skills. He is cold hearted on the battlefield, but is very loving of those close to him.Being a former prince, he shows signs of sophistication and arrogance, yet he is quite calm and keeps his composure as much as possible. You can see the aristocracy in him by the way he talks and composes himself at school. However, he clearly doesn't like nobility as he views them as highly privileged scum who look down on others. He often challenges them at chess, skipping class in the process, viewing schoolwork as mundane and boring. In general, Lelouch takes most day-to-day affairs with open disinterest, often not even noticing the affection of others, especially Shirley, his fellow classmate.

But as Zero his true nature is revealed. Lelouch has a very strong sense of justice and is extremely motivated in this department. As Zero, he is very charismatic and theatrical. His leadership and tactical prowess compels the Black Knights and other leaders to rally behind him with the utmost respect and loyalty.

Lelouch has a very stoic personality, meaning he often hides his true feelings, despite enduring pain and hardship as a consequence. And this personally, is what makes Code Geass and Lelouch so captivating to watch.

Motives

At first glance, Lelouch's motives are very clear, and honestly, quite selfish and naive. He wants to discover who killed his mother and create a peaceful world where his sister Nunally can find happiness, by destroying the Britannian Empire. However, as the series continues, Lelouch begins to unravel a more selfless motive behind all the mayhem he causes and unlocks a deeper morality in the process.

Philosophies

"What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch Vi Britannia

The amount of thought provoking quotes and philosophical dialogue in Code Geass really got me to question life a whole lot more. I feel as though this is where the show really shines in its writing, as they're able to foreshadow and put all the pieces together from beginning to end. And Lelouch is no exception.

His mindset is much of a utilitarian, believing that the results justify the means. This belief, in my eyes, is what makes Lelouch such an amazing antihero. He inherently knows what he's doing is wrong, making no excuses for himself whatsoever and instead, places the blame all on his shoulders.

"Before creation there must be destruction. If my soul stands in the way, then I'll toss it aside. Yes, I have no choice but to move forward." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Symbolism/Parallels

As I mentioned before, Lelouch is very stoic, and holds that with high regard, making Code Geass not only full of dramatic irony, but also comes to bite Lelouch in the ass a countless number of times. He often puts on a facade or a mask to hide his true intentions while all the same time relying on the Zero mask to hide his identity.

It's quite interesting to note how often Lelouch lies to those close to him. He becomes rather hypocritical, but still keeps his sense of reasoning. He wants to change the world for the better, but only views his methods as the possible way of achieving it.

"How ironic, here you are seeking the truth, you who made it this far by your deception and your lies." -Charles Zi Britannia

"You, who denies the will of others, stands here, affirming the will of humanity." - Schneizel Le Britannia

Lelouch's geass suits him well, because it's power is that of royalty; a complete surrender of will power. Much like a king, since it is the Power of Kings I suppose. However, Lelouch doesn't always use this in an evil way, he has good intentions after all, such as commanding Suzaku to "live" instead of telling him to "save me" which would guarantee Suzaku's life and not his own. Which is very selfless to say the least, but was also the ultimate punishment for Suzaku, who desired to die as penance for murdering his father.

"Forcing your good intentions on others is no different from an evil act." -Lelouch Vi Britannia

Yeah, preach it! But, maybe you should listen to your own words once in awhile...

The Zero Requiem/Final Thoughts

As I was mentioning earlier, Lelouch found a deeper meaning in what he was trying to achieve. Instead of a petty vengeance towards the empire and "selfishness" for Nunnally, he realized in C's world that humanity desired the future and he couldn't treat Nunnally any differently than everyone else, especially after all the bloodshed. If he did, then all of his actions would be in vain. Which led to the most heart wrenching thing I've ever seen; the Zero Requiem. Not just the final scene, but the gradual process and realization as a viewer. It's as if Lelouch casted his geass over the audience's eyes to make it appear as though he became corrupt and evil. However this all goes back to his stoic personality. He tries his best to put a mask over his face to make everyone hate him for the peace of the entire world. He almost cracks in front of Kallen and especially Nunnally. Hearing her say Lelouch is a demon, tug on the feels strings extremely hard.

I think what tops it all off, is how he tarnished his name forever. He becomes the most hated person in the world, only to die by his own friend and in his own mask. Consequently, it leaves you with such deep respect for the character, especially knowing he sacrificed everything he could offer only to be discarded as an evil dictator.

Props to you, you crazy bastard.

When yo girl says her parents aren't home ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

thoughts down below!

Mind it when Shirley who loved Lelouch was killed,he massacred a whole research institute and not even left any children alive also.Will you ever get a better husband than this

He said to CC,"If you are a witch then I am a warlock".Such feelings towards his waifu.

And mind it he can use Geass to ask Felix commit suicide.So Felix being a Knight is no good here.

Look at his moments with his waifu CC

Vote for the real Husband not a Trap

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seeing as Felix looks like he is Nambla’s poster boy, Ladouche gets my pick.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm supporting traps in this event. well most of the time.

In this case Felix gets my vote easily. I never quite got into Code Geass, nor did I care much for Lelouch. Plus he looks weird to me.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

In this case Felix gets my vote easily. I never quite got into Code Geass, nor did I care much for Lelouch. Plus he looks weird to me.
Nothing wrong with Traps but when they aren’t even through puberty how are they a husbando?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
That's a fair point, but the other looks like a kid too.
True, but he doesn't look like he needs a babysitter.
He organised a rebellion against the world's strongest empire.

And later he became the Empire of the Britannian Empire,the strongest and largest Empire in the world.And in the end he united the whole world.

All these he did a feat when he was just in the early 20's,a feat that others failed to do even if they devote their whole life.

He is much more mature than others.

And he was very much aware of the girls romantic feelings towards him but only returned it to CC,probably because of their similarity in situation.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

That's because of his BMI he must have some eating disorder

Height 178 cm (5'10")
Weight 56 kg (123 lbs)
BMi 17 -> close to anorexia (normal BMI is around 20)

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
The trap cat :bkitty cute and must be fluffy too!! :Haha and I'm not a big fan of Lelouch and Code Geass

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Taste have fallen this days

:disappoint

Choosing Felix over Lelouch

Status
Not open for further replies.