Theory - Figarland Family isnt the Original 20 Celestial Dragon Family | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Figarland Family isnt the Original 20 Celestial Dragon Family

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I know its a wild theory but stay with me, so why do i said this? what is the reason?

We know that saint garling fingarland is revealed to be a king of god valley and a leader of holy knight. But, how can he be a king and a cd at the same time?

From what we know in the story. Approximately 800 years before the current timeline, 20 royal families from different islands across the world formed an alliance to combat the Great Kingdom. After the 20 kingdom alliance was victorious, 19 of the 20 royal families relocated to the Holy Land of Mary Geoise, the city built at the top of the Red Line at the halfway point of the Grand Line, a location referred to as "the center of the world". Only the royal family of Arabasta Kingdom chose to stay in their homeland.

All 19 family that move to marijoa become the celestial dragon that we know today except the nefertari family they didnt go to marijoa to become a cd and deem as traitor. But its not only nefertari family, instead we have Figarland family also who stay as a royalty in God Valley but become a Celestial dragon? How can that be?

So, my theory is. Figarland family is actually not a 20 cd family that form the wg. Instead they are a royal family that is a king in god valley and not a celestial dragon family at that time. After the god valley incident. Bcoz of saint garling fingarland have a really big role saving the cd there at the time and protecting them from the threat of rocks pirate. He is instated as a new celestial dragon. But, only he, not his whole family. And now, he become the leader of holy knight based on the perfomance of god valley protecting the cd there.

So, before the god valley incident. He is the king of god valley. After the god valley incident. He is a celestial dragon and a leader of Holy knight. Thx for reading and I hope u enjoy my theory thx :)

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I agree that the Figarland family was not originally part of the 20 founders and then became CD after God Valley was erased and they left their kingdom for Marigeoise. I think it has been a special WG family since 800 years ago when God Valley was made a special place - please see below my theory.

We learned that 800 years ago all mentions to the previous 19 royal families were erased from their original kingdoms in order to make room for the newly selected royal families. My guess is that the 19 royal families monuments and tombs were all transferred from their former kingdoms to God Valley who became the official graveyard of Tenryubitos after they established themselves in Marigeoise - God Valley would be the equivalent of the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.

God Valley must have been ruled by the Figarland family (not part of the 20 kingdoms) that was granted a high and special status so that they could manage the Tenryubitos visiting their ancestor graves and know the ancient history when Tenryubitos were not Gods. When God Valley was erased 38 years ago the Figarland family was relocated to Marigeoise. Garling successfully joined the Holy Knights and became their leader after a long service within the institution.

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe, but the only thing I gather is God Valley could’ve been the first established home to the Celestial Dragons. Only say that because the ROCKS’ pirates decided to go there for a reason and Xebec knew something of great value resided there as well.

I think, Shanks true identity will be revealed soon and it could showcase why, his past encounters have been so interesting throughout the series. 🤔

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Nah, I think there's a few more things going on here. The tenryubito as of now are the descendants of the founders of the world who are regarded as gods. Basically the tenryubito are descendants of gods.

Then there is the place god valley... If the gods of the world are the original 20 kings then the name god valley is fairly telling... This is a place of importance to the gods of the world from 800 years ago.

Then we get to figarland, the guy is someone who is able to pass on judgement to other tenryubito. What are the characteristics of someone who is able to judge and put to death descendants of gods? I look at this from an old money vs new rich angle. Would the tenryubito look at the "new rich"? I don't think they would look at this new tenryubito as one of their own. Is this even a descendant of a god? On that angle I would argue it's a stretch you can even become a tenryubito in this time and age.

The context is unclear but the most likely scenario is that god valley was special in a very important way to tenryubito and it's ruler for whichever reason had tenryubito status.