Games - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

LnDRash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The Official Thread for all The Scions of the Seventh Dawn to post anything Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn related!

Be it your screenshots/videos and/or character profiles, tales of your heroic efforts in Eorzea, casual chatter, questions about the game or even the long awaited news on when real life scientists finally decide to focus on something useful and genesplice the first Cactuar or Chocobo... rest assured it belongs into this topic!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Is the game worth it?

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Leaving the current server troubles aside (which heavily hamper the games accessibility) the game is great imho.

Its the first MMO in a decade I honestly enjoy playing... didn't have so much fun with an online game since the very early days of Dark Age of Camelot.

Its well made and you immediately notice the devs put thought and effort into the game and that its not yet another one of those MMO projects that attempt to milk its customers before they die after just a few months and turn into "free to play" cash cows.

It also has wonderful graphics exceeding even those of other visually appealing games like Tera Online, while being much less taxing on your hardware.

Even my 5 years old computer can run it on max settings most of the time, while that same system was struggling with Tera and even setting stuff to minimum (which made it look as ugly as a game from 2001) didn't make much of a difference. I guess thats another testament that shows the devs knew what they were doing.

Of course I can't judge endgame yet since I'm just around lvl30 for now... but from what I've seen I'm currently having high hopes. If someone likes Final Fantasy and isn't completely alien to the idea of playing an MMO I'd definitelly recommend giving the game a try.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm normally not the MMO type either, but I love this game. It's everything a good FF should be. Huge worlds, beautiful music, beautiful everything really, and I'm playing on PS3. Should've got it for PC though...

There's also tons to do without it ever feeling like a grind/waste. You'll be able to build a house Skyrim style soon, you can have your mount fight along side you (healing, tanking, or dps)... I dunno. It's just FUN.

Bloomerwedgies

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think the scenery is so pretty, I've spent a good chunk of time just wandering around looking at stuff. :teehee
And I don't even consider it a waste of time. Although maybe that is part of the reason I'm still killing little ladybugs.
Kidding, it's not that bad. But it's pretty bad. Ha ha.

I must say I am really enjoying the "Bonanza/Big Valley" chocobo riding music. It just makes me want to lasso things.

I do maintain that the unicorns are creepy and wild-eyed, like they have had too much coffee (or something stronger) and are about to start telling you about conspiracy theories in a paranoid fashion while looking over their shoulders. Creepy is good though. I like creepy.

Note the similarity with that ever-creepy amusement park representative, the carousel horse:

Presenting ErenDuRasho's pet Princess Derpina Derpington...

... and her lookalike from an old warehouse where toys go to die and then come back to haunt your nightmares:

carousel, more like scare-ousel, am I right.

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow... that carousel horse looks really freaked out... like someone just pressed a blazing hot branding iron against its butt.

But then again, I would have the same expression if I was forced to carry around fat kids on my back while they're dripping the filling from their hot pockets all over my mane :-_-

But talking about amusement park equipment... I'm in the desert area right now (no, not those wastelands around Ul'dah but the real desert with sand and stuff), which reminds me about some talk I've read that there's supposed to be a Gold Saucer in the game... OMFG!

No idea if its included yet or if they are going to implement it in a later patch, but as a Final Fantasy 7 fan (well who isn't?) I'm really looking forward to this. I'd imagine that would be a really cool place to hang out with ones online buddies!

Ohhhh the sweet nostalgia!

Bloomerwedgies

Reaction score
Country
Germany
But talking about amusement park equipment... I'm in the desert area right now (no, not those wastelands around Ul'dah but the real desert with sand and stuff),
Which desert? Does it have camels?

which reminds me about some talk I've read that there's supposed to be a Gold Saucer in the game... OMFG!
Oh that would be sweeeet

Seriously how much fun would that be. :teehee

==

So what are some of the best(worst) player's names you've seen thus far?

I have enjoyed running into Dope Fish, Sizzle Chest, Amadeus Mozart, Potato Pancake U Mad, Hugh Jaardvark, Sir Throbbz, and some guy called Dongslayer. Oh and I got sexually harrassed by an npc for the first time so far. It was pretty exciting.

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Which desert? Does it have camels?
Southern Thanalan.

None that I know of... only worms, drakes and more worms so far... and lots of sand.

So what are some of the best(worst) player's names you've seen thus far?
Too many to count... and the usual stuff like Fap Boy & Fap Tard, Big Dickus & Co gets boring pretty soon.

But I must say I'm very fond of all those numerous variations of Zephirooth, xXCloud StryfeXx, Tifffa Lookhart, Squallllll or my personal favorites: the fusion characters like Sephiroth Kadaj.

Probably the best among those was "Zodiark Eden"... not because that name would be overly ridiculous compared to some other pearls, but because I witnessed how he managed to die against two Lady Bugs ganging up on him.

That must really suck... imagine during character creation you're like "A name? HurrHurr! I am the mightiest among all Black Mages! Bringer of destruction... its only appropriate if I'm going to be a fusion of two of the most powerful entities in Final Fantasy history!"

*Tries to molest Miss Lady Bug and in turn gets brutally battered by Husband Lady Bug*

I dunno... if that happened to me I'd probably be like ................................... for at least 10 minutes and then like

Before the game flies out of the window followed by half the computer equipment.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

On a sidenote:

Just dived into Brayflox's Longstop (lvl32 dungeon) for the first time... boy did I get an awesome group!

The tank was actually pretty good, nothing to complain about... did a superb job... except that he was silent all the time and when something came out of his mouth it was usually some very harsh critique, coupled with a few insults towards everyone and a healthy dose of superiority complex.

The Thaumaturge and Summoner were the true stars though... the kind of DD that just loves to lead with a Fire Ball before the Tank is even in range of the enemies... needless to say running out of red circles and stuff is also pretty uncool to those specimens.

So, we somehow got to the final boss with my mana constantly hovering between 0 and 10%... and of course avoiding attacks was still out of question. Thus I was healing my soul out of my tender white mage buns and was already out of juice at the middle of the fight.

Everybodies HP are dangerously low, numerous poison stacks got build up, the tank starts blinking red and nervously begins to walk backwards... so I thought to myself "OK TIME TO SAVE EVERYONES ASSES BY HITTING THAT lvl2 LIMIT BREAK!!".

Boy what a mistake... the Thaumaturge totally snapped... "WTF!? HOW DARE YOU BLOW A LVL2 LIMIT BREAK ON A HEAL!!!?? THAT COULD HAVE BEEN 1500 DAMAGE!!!!" (note how he has time to type all of this in the mids of the fight instead of casting fireballs and stuff).

*Summoner nods in agreement*

Oh well... despite my grievous error we somehow managed to down the boss, so finally the tank was relieved of us unworthy maggots... of course he didn't waste any time to scram.

The Thaumaturge on the other hand seemed to be up for some pleasant chatter... since he was sending me numerous messages in nice rose color. Sadly I couldn't understand any of it since for some strange reason he decided to switch to the french language :(

Oh well, it was lots of fun and I genuinely enjoyed that run. Too bad one doesn't get such groups more often... most of them are just so :-)))) and boooooring :-_-

Last edited:

Bloomerwedgies

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Southern Thanalan.
Pffft. I thought you were talking about really being in the desert, like on vacation or something.

I was in Eastern Thanalan today. I really love it there. It reminds me of Virginia City, Nevada. Especially the graveyard. I could hang out there all day.:teehee

In fact Drybone is where the drunk dude propositions passers-by by saying he wants to get his wick wet. If you want to meet him he was passing out in the stairwell, but don't get too friendly, he's mine. :pwnge
I know when you busty blondes move in for the kill, the B-cup brunettes lose out where charmers like him are concerned. Give me a chance why don't you. You and your Unicorn. *glare*

Too many to count... and the usual stuff like Fap Boy & Fap Tard, Big Dickus & Co gets boring pretty soon.
The proud owner of the handle "Fap Boy' must be an object of jealously in lands both near and far. I bet he has people offering to buy him out all the time.

Speaking of, I saw Minato Namikaze today. First and last name, spelled correctly and everything. I could hardly believe my eyes. Somebody got in on the ground floor and locked that shit down. And I ran into him on the road through Black Brush!! What an honor.

... Marshall??

But I must say I'm very fond of all those numerous variations of Zephirooth, xXCloud StryfeXx, Tifffa Lookhart, Squallllll or my personal favorites: the fusion characters like Sephiroth Kadaj.
Oh Lord the combos.... I don't know what's worse, the fact that people do them, or the fact that I actually recognize it enough to make fun of them.

Probably the best among those was "Zodiark Eden"... not because that name would be overly ridiculous compared to some other pearls, but because I witnessed how he managed to die against two Lady Bugs ganging up on him.
:lmao

I wish I could have seen it. I would have Muttleyed.

Boy what a mistake... the Thaumaturge totally snapped... "WTF!? HOW DARE YOU BLOW A LVL2 LIMIT BREAK ON A HEAL!!!?? THAT COULD HAVE BEEN 1500 DAMAGE!!!!" (note how he has time to type all of this in the midst of the fight instead of casting fireballs and stuff).*Summoner nods in agreement*

Are You Fucking Kidding Me Dog wants to know if you're fucking kidding him.

Oh wait no, sorry Rasho, how dare you do your job. I mean seriously. I can't even look at you.

The Thaumaturge on the other hand seemed to be up for some pleasant chatter... since he was sending me numerous messages in nice rose color.
Oh ho what's this? Sounds like you have an admirer. Blushing pink letters and everything.
Nfufufu I'm totally shipping it.

Sadly I couldn't understand any of it since for some strange reason he decided to switch to the french language :(
Well, that is the language of love. Wocka wocka.

==

So my sister finally caved after a week of begging and big woobly eyes, and got it, so now my nieces are playing it. They are twelve and pretty adorable if I do say so myself. I was on chat with one of them today and it went like this:

ME: So did you guys have fun making your characters? What did you name yours?
HER: Darquenyss LunaShadow. *
Me: ... you do know there are going to be like jillions of them named almost exactly the same thing, right?
HER: yeah that's why it's hilarious
ME: What does she look like?
HER: long white hair and the biggest boobs possible, duh
ME: But of course, you want to fit in.
HER: Also one green eye and one purple eye...
ME: Oh Lord. Did you do the Blade Runner eyeshadow?
HER: you know it!!
ME: I'm not hanging out with you.
HER: Who asked you, old lady? Yours is just like a generic goth girl probably, because you are boring and not creative
ME: !!! you watch it young lady
HER: but I'm right tho
ME: I'm not boring! I'm just vain! Get it straight!
HER: LOLZ UR set in UR ways grandma
ME: Just promise me you won't run around in your underwear unless it's ironically
HER: you're not the boss of me :3
ME: No, but I know your boss and she used to be my boss too, so don't push your luck :3

It runs in the family.

* : name changed to protect the guilty; trust me though, it's just as bad.

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Pffft. I thought you were talking about really being in the desert, like on vacation or something.
What would I be doing in a real desert..? I'd be bored to death... those places don't even have computers or Cactuars.

In fact Drybone is where the drunk dude propositions passers-by by saying he wants to get his wick wet. If you want to meet him he was passing out in the stairwell, but don't get too friendly, he's mine. :pwnge
I know when you busty blondes move in for the kill, the B-cup brunettes lose out where charmers like him are concerned. Give me a chance why don't you. You and your Unicorn. *glare*
Oh don't worry... since I'm Miss Gryphonheart's puppeteer that most probably makes her a hardcore lesbian, so no competition for your love interest from my side.

Speaking of, I saw Minato Namikaze today. First and last name, spelled correctly and everything. I could hardly believe my eyes. Somebody got in on the ground floor and locked that shit down. And I ran into him on the road through Black Brush!! What an honor.

... Marshall??
Same here... but I doubt the Namikaze Minato on my server is actually marshall... since the character is one of those cat girls (wtf!?). I doubt marshall would commit such an atrocity towards his idol.

Oh wait no, sorry Rasho, how dare you do your job. I mean seriously. I can't even look at you.
He wasn't upset about me doing my job... he was upset about me taking away his filled up wank-bar :derp

I'm sure this wasn't the last time I pissed off one of those Damag0rs... since I have no scruples about pushing that button again and again for a 60% group mana and life refill when my own mana happens to be empty :teehee

Well, that is the language of love. Wocka wocka.
I'm not so sure about that... he sounded more like these guys:

So my sister finally caved after a week of begging and big woobly eyes, and got it, so now my nieces are playing it. They are twelve and pretty adorable if I do say so myself. I was on chat with one of them today and it went like this:

ME: So did you guys have fun making your characters? What did you name yours?
HER: Darquenyss LunaShadow. *
Me: ... you do know there are going to be like jillions of them named almost exactly the same thing, right?
HER: yeah that's why it's hilarious
ME: What does she look like?
HER: long white hair and the biggest boobs possible, duh
ME: But of course, you want to fit in.
HER: Also one green eye and one purple eye...
ME: Oh Lord. Did you do the Blade Runner eyeshadow?
HER: you know it!!
ME: I'm not hanging out with you.
HER: Who asked you, old lady? Yours is just like a generic goth girl probably, because you are boring and not creative
ME: !!! you watch it young lady
HER: but I'm right tho
ME: I'm not boring! I'm just vain! Get it straight!
HER: LOLZ UR set in UR ways grandma
ME: Just promise me you won't run around in your underwear unless it's ironically
HER: you're not the boss of me :3
ME: No, but I know your boss and she used to be my boss too, so don't push your luck :3

It runs in the family.

* : name changed to protect the guilty; trust me though, it's just as bad.
lmao :lmao

That sounds so familiar its downright scary. I also have two nieces, although they are young adults by now... actually even three, but the newest one is a toddler so I don't count her yet :xp

Anyway, quite a bunch of years ago when those two were the same age as your nieces, I was playing the MMO City of Heroes.

No idea if you know it, but it was a Super Hero MMO with outstanding character creation. Making a character there was kind of like playing LEGO... you literally had thousands of thousands of pierces to build your character.

http://imgur.com/a/xi2l4#8

^Just to give you a rough idea I dug up some of the very few screenshots I have left of my characters, since this is almost a decade ago.

So... back then it came as no surprise my nieces also wanted to make a character... "a beautiful princess". I won't go into detail since it was a very lengthy and horrendous process... so just let me summarize the highlights.

Current state: We did the outfit first so the character kind of looks like Jasmine from Disney's Alladin, only that her attire is colored in such intense purple that it literally glows like a neon sign.

Nieces: Make her thin!
Me: She is already thin... thats the standart setting.
Nieces: No she's fat! Make her thinner!

Current state: Character ends up at 0% slider setting - girls are satisfied. (50% is standart mind you... and most of those females on my screens are between 75 and 100% *cough cough* the character was so ridiculously thin, Kate Moss would have looked like a Sumo Wrestler next to her)

Nieces: Make her boobs bigger!
Me: *Is a bit surprised but thinks to himself* Hm ok... why not, the standart setting is indeed a bit flat afterall *pulls slider to ~75%*
Nieces: Bigger!
Me: Look girls... most of those sliders are pretty shitty at 100% because the devs were lazy and didn't give a fuck... If I make them any bigger it will distort her whole chest and it won't even look like boobs anymore... more like those things they use in american football.
Nieces: At least show us!

Current state: Needless to say after further futile arguing the boobs stayed at 100%.

Nieces: Now make her taller!
Me: *sets character to roughly 180cm*
Nieces: Taller!
Me: Let me guess... 100%..?
Nieces: *nod in agreement*
Me: The max setting is like almost 4 meters... do you really want that..? You will be a total freak even amongst Super Heroes and Villains...
Nieces: Its fine! Just do it!

Current state: Anorexic Godzilla with Football tits.

Me: So... we need a name... how are you going to call her?
Nieces: *carefully consult each other*
Me: So..?
Nieces: Britney Spears!
Me: ..........................................................................
Me: Girls... I'm afraid that name will surely be taken...
Nieces: *carefully consult each other once more*
Nieces: Anastacia!
Me: The chances for that name not being taken are even lower...
Nieces: Anastacia Spears then!
Me: ........................................................ ok... if thats what makes you happy...

Needless to say this atrocity didn't even survive 5 minutes after they left my apartment... merciful as I am I didn't lose any time to kill it with fire to put it out of its misery.

Bloomerwedgies

Reaction score
Country
Germany
He wasn't upset about me doing my job... he was upset about me taking away his filled up wank-bar :derp

I'm sure this wasn't the last time I pissed off one of those Damag0rs... since I have no scruples about pushing that button again and again for a 60% group mana and life refill when my own mana happens to be empty :teehee
Ugh, this is why I'm putting off my first dungeon as long as I possibly can. Can't I just avoid other people forever dammit?? :C (pffft)

...Which means I am aspiring to other classes out of pure stubborn procrastination right now. :teehee

I bring out my li'l airship to keep me company while I'm fishing and synthesizing my hippie clothes. I call it Galley. Because it's the Little Galleon that Could. I'm afraid I'm giving it a rather quiet life right now, but on the other hand we are doing a lot of sightseeing. :fan

Speaking of names, what do you call your unicorn?

I'm not so sure about that... he sounded more like these guys:

And you weren't seduced straight away?!? Wow, that's some fortitude right there. I think my pants would have fallen off instantly.

That sounds so familiar its downright scary. I also have two nieces, although they are young adults by now... actually even three, but the newest one is a toddler so I don't count her yet :xp

Anyway, quite a bunch of years ago when those two were the same age as your nieces, I was playing the MMO City of Heroes.

No idea if you know it, but it was a Super Hero MMO with outstanding character creation. Making a character there was kind of like playing LEGO... you literally had thousands of thousands of pierces to build your character.

http://imgur.com/a/xi2l4#8

^Just to give you a rough idea I dug up some of the very few screenshots I have left of my characters, since this is almost a decade ago.

So... back then it came as no surprise my nieces also wanted to make a character... "a beautiful princess". I won't go into detail since it was a very lengthy and horrendous process... so just let me summarize the highlights.

Current state: We did the outfit first so the character kind of looks like Jasmine from Disney's Alladin, only that her attire is colored in such intense purple that it literally glows like a neon sign.

Nieces: Make her thin!
Me: She is already thin... thats the standart setting.
Nieces: No she's fat! Make her thinner!

Current state: Character ends up at 0% slider setting - girls are satisfied. (50% is standart mind you... and most of those females on my screens are between 75 and 100% *cough cough* the character was so ridiculously thin, Kate Moss would have looked like a Sumo Wrestler next to her)

Nieces: Make her boobs bigger!
Me: *Is a bit surprised but thinks to himself* Hm ok... why not, the standart setting is indeed a bit flat afterall *pulls slider to ~75%*
Nieces: Bigger!
Me: Look girls... most of those sliders are pretty shitty at 100% because the devs were lazy and didn't give a fuck... If I make them any bigger it will distort her whole chest and it won't even look like boobs anymore... more like those things they use in american football.
Nieces: At least show us!

Current state: Needless to say after further futile arguing the boobs stayed at 100%.

Nieces: Now make her taller!
Me: *sets character to roughly 180cm*
Nieces: Taller!
Me: Let me guess... 100%..?
Nieces: *nod in agreement*
Me: The max setting is like almost 4 meters... do you really want that..? You will be a total freak even amongst Super Heroes and Villains...
Nieces: Its fine! Just do it!

Current state: Anorexic Godzilla with Football tits.

Me: So... we need a name... how are you going to call her?
Nieces: *carefully consult each other*
Me: So..?
Nieces: Britney Spears!
Me: ..........................................................................
Me: Girls... I'm afraid that name will surely be taken...
Nieces: *carefully consult each other once more*
Nieces: Anastacia!
Me: The chances for that name not being taken are even lower...
Nieces: Anastacia Spears then!
Me: ........................................................ ok... if thats what makes you happy...
Needless to say this atrocity didn't even survive 5 minutes after they left my apartment... merciful as I am I didn't lose any time to kill it with fire to put it out of its misery.
LMAO.
Were they being sarcastic little brats like mine? God I hope so.

I think my niece hasn't figured out that she'll get tired of it pretty quickly and that nobody's going to get that she's trying to be funny unless she tells them, which will take all the fun out of it. Oh well, she's gotta learn sometime. I'm predicting she'll get sick of looking ridiculous in, oh, about four more days and start over with something better.

Unless she gets really attached to this Frankenstein's character she has, and then... well I guess she'll defend it to the death! lol

==

OMG Rasho
I just looked at your page and you're like level five million in everything already, what the hell!! I kind of hate you.
:teehee I'm so jealous. I'm going to go fishing with Little Galley to make myself feel better.

EDIT: Oh, I have some more fabulous names to add to the Hall of Shame and Hilarity. I am making a list of the ones that are just awful or that make me laugh-- often these qualities are not mutually exclusive of course.

Stinkerbelly Smelisox
Throat Yogurt
Splooge King (obviously the master whom Fap Boy aspires to surpass)
Worst Name (tellin' it like it is)
Beer Musketeer
Rusty Trombone
Oldman Pajamas (I love this one, I totally want to be his friend)
Sir Highalot (he should go party with Beer Musketeer)
Tampax Pearl
Nuckin Futz

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just completed the Titan Trial and probably got to the point of the story where shit finally starts to go loose. Got a major turn of events at the main story mission... and without spoiling anything I just have to say: those Garleans are wonderfully psychotic ruthless assholes... I love it!

Oh and Migitek Combat Suits are freakin badass!

Ugh, this is why I'm putting off my first dungeon as long as I possibly can. Can't I just avoid other people forever dammit?? :C (pffft)
Its not like they can bite you or something... and I must say I find those retarded groups to be the most entertaining.

They have to be bad, but still somewhat "good" enough to barely trudge through the dungeon. If they have overblown egos and everyone blames the others for everything that goes wrong because obviously oneself is freakin elite... then its literally time to get the popcorn out! Its like watching a volatile chain-reaction go off.

IRL dealing with retards is probably the most annoying thing there is... but online behind the comfort of your computer that annoyance mutates into hilariousness.

Its kind of like going to the Zoo and watching a flock of angry baboons. Obviously you don't wanna stand in the midst of them... but watching them from behind the glass is superb! And you can't help but to knock at that oversized window to piss them off even more!

That being said... don't worry about the dungeons. The first four or so are so easy you could probably complete them with naked characters. The first dungeons that keep the players a bit on their toes are around the level 30 mark.

I bring out my li'l airship to keep me company while I'm fishing and synthesizing my hippie clothes. I call it Galley. Because it's the Little Galleon that Could. I'm afraid I'm giving it a rather quiet life right now, but on the other hand we are doing a lot of sightseeing. :fan
I'm looking forward to reaching level48... will take a while... but then one can do a quest to obtain his very own Cactuar minion! And no... not those cheap semi-realistic ones in front of Ul'dah, but the real ones that move like a pixel sprite from an 80's handheld LCD gameboy ripoff!

Speaking of names, what do you call your unicorn?
Well... since you can't really name it I didn't think much about it until now... but one of my buddies always calls her Unicron... like that planet eater from the 80's transformers movie... so maybe thats a good idea..? No..? Thought so...

LMAO.
Were they being sarcastic little brats like mine? God I hope so.
They were certainly having fun being cocky... but can't say they were overly bratty ;p

The problem is children are usually afraid of me... the newest little one always cries when she sees me (no kidding). I could lie and pretend I have no idea why that is... but most likely it has something to do with the fact that I somewhat look like a pale version of Jack Sparrow. Probably not very popular with the kids :xp

At least cats usually love me though... most of the time I can't even walk down the street without some random cat coming out of the bushes and stalking me in hopes of snatching some pats.

OMG Rasho
I just looked at your page and you're like level five million in everything already, what the hell!! I kind of hate you.
:teehee I'm so jealous. I'm going to go fishing with Little Galley to make myself feel better.
Aww... don't feel down about it! The gladiator and my three crafting jobs are mostly leftovers from beta. Since launch I just got that Conjurer Class from 15 to 35 (which is easy as hell because you can abuse the lack on healers to get instant queue for any dungeon) and an Arcanist to 16 and a Thaumaturge to 6.

But I have to say getting classes up to 15+ is very easy if you know how. For the disciples of war/magic you can just follow the hunting log appropriate to your class and do a few fates while roaming the areas to find the required monsters. Yields tons of experience.

For the crafting classes you can do tradecraft leves at the adventurers guild of your choice. Basically you just build an item, deliver it to an npc inside the city, get a large chunk of xp and money -> rinse and repeat. You can get a tradecraft to 15 in under an hour that way.

EDIT: Oh, I have some more fabulous names to add to the Hall of Shame and Hilarity. I am making a list of the ones that are just awful or that make me laugh-- often these qualities are not mutually exclusive of course.

Stinkerbelly Smelisox
Throat Yogurt
Splooge King (obviously the master whom Fap Boy aspires to surpass)
Worst Name (tellin' it like it is)
Beer Musketeer
Rusty Trombone
Oldman Pajamas (I love this one, I totally want to be his friend)
Sir Highalot (he should go party with Beer Musketeer)
Tampax Pearl
Nuckin Futz
Let me add some as well:

Majara Uchija
Marry Joana
Vaga Ina
Piecake Choo
Blow Job
Nyan Cat
Neo Nacy
Chocobo Vergewaltiger (german for Chocobo Rapist)
Tsunade Hokage
Salty Fartz
Dirty Panties
Whis Kaz

And probably a whole lot more I've forgotten... yup Shiva seems to be one heck of a fucked up server :hip

Last edited:

Bloomerwedgies

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Galley and I are making enough cotton shifts, etc. to outfit an army! Which is presumably what they are for! Go us.

and without spoiling anything I just have to say: those Garleans are wonderfully psychotic ruthless assholes... I love it!
Always one of my very favorite types. :fan

The first four or so are so easy you could probably complete them with naked characters.
Oh, Rasho, if only we were on the same server, we could do this together. :crying
What lovely memories we could make.

Speaking of dungeons... I'm sure the obvious thing here is to say 'LOL Hi Cthulhu', which of course I did, but I have to admit that what really made me laugh was...

OK so we have that, but then...

Oh my God

The first dungeons that keep the players a bit on their toes are around the level 30 mark.
My little gal is only at level 22...
but damn if she isn't going to be a level 50 weaver, goldsmith, botanist, and whatever else I can think of to procrastinate with before you know it. (pffft)

Speaking of, you know what can go fuck itself? Botany, that's what. I'm liking the other crafts/what-have-yous that I'm doing, but dear God botany makes me want to violently kill myself or anyone else who's handy. And since I generally look out for number one, anybody who gets in reach of my scythe better watch it. I'm about to go insane from boredom. :pwnge

I'm only doing it to get stuff for my weaving, which I am actually enjoying a lot. Can't have too many clothes, I always say. My girl is going to have closets as stuffed as mine.

I'm looking forward to reaching level48... will take a while... but then one can do a quest to obtain his very own Cactuar minion! And no... not those cheap semi-realistic ones in front of Ul'dah, but the real ones that move like a pixel sprite from an 80's handheld LCD gameboy ripoff!
That.... is.... fabulous

Well... since you can't really name it I didn't think much about it until now... but one of my buddies always calls her Unicron... like that planet eater from the 80's transformers movie... so maybe thats a good idea..? No..? Thought so...
You don't want her to start answering to "hey, you" do you? Of course not!
I always name my little companions whether you can officially do so or not... I just can't bear the poor things going around with their generic monikers as their only handles. It's too sad. *wibble*

Although to be honest, I get pretty ridiculous with it. I even name my weapons, tools, my favorite clothes...

The problem is children are usually afraid of me... the newest little one always cries when she sees me (no kidding).
I have the opposite problem, ankle-biters always zero in on me and start clinging no matter how many dirty looks and brush-offs I give them.
I guess they can see through me. Horrid little things. :teehee

I could lie and pretend I have no idea why that is... but most likely it has something to do with the fact that I somewhat look like a pale version of Jack Sparrow. Probably not very popular with the kids :xp
What the hell is wrong with kids these days? Haha, you'd think they wouldn't leave you alone.
(So do you have the dreads and everything? and the guyliner?)
Little kids are usually attracted to my appearance even if their folks are appalled and try to herd them away. Little girls especially... goth chicks just look like cartoon princesses to them, it's like you're a costumed character at Disneyland. It's adorable. I MEAN!! Get away from me you sticky brats. Hmph.

At least cats usually love me though... most of the time I can't even walk down the street without some random cat coming out of the bushes and stalking me in hopes of snatching some pats.
Rasho the Cat Whisperer. You have a cat don't you? What color is she? I have three, all adopted at various times here and there. I worked at the Humane Society through college. I have a thing for waifs and strays.... :teehee

Aww... don't feel down about it! The gladiator and my three crafting jobs are mostly leftovers from beta.
It's true, I forget that. I haven't even been playing a week yet! heh
Most of the people I know irl who are going to play have shied away because of all the server probs, etc, so I am lonely and also kind of waiting for them so we can goof around together. I played on a JP server for a bit, like up to lvl 10, but fairly quickly I didn't have any difficulty getting on my NA server at all. :cookiestare Despite the horror stories I heard.
Possibly this is due to the fact that my time zone is so late, my times are off from the majority of the world. :teehee

But I have to say getting classes up to 15+ is very easy if you know how. For the disciples of war/magic you can just follow the hunting log appropriate to your class and do a few fates while roaming the areas to find the required monsters. Yields tons of experience.
Honestly my favorite way to go up quickly. I have a lot of fun sightseeing too... I found it helps me get to know the lay of the land pretty fast. And all the shortcuts.

For the crafting classes you can do tradecraft leves at the adventurers guild of your choice. Basically you just build an item, deliver it to an npc inside the city, get a large chunk of xp and money -> rinse and repeat. You can get a tradecraft to 15 in under an hour that way.
I've been avoiding the leves so far but maybe I will check them out...

Let me add some as well:

Majara Uchija
Sounds like something you would spread on toast.

Vaga Ina
Dirty Panties
These two need to get together with Tampax Pearl

Those people who name themselves after their skill always end up regretting it as they add new things to their repertoire later...

Chocobo Vergewaltiger (german for Chocobo Rapist)
Jesus Christ...
Is there an animal welfare league in Uldah?? The Sultana's Society for the Protection of Animals??

Tsunade Hokage
Presumably your favorite

Salty Fartz
Woah

And probably a whole lot more I've forgotten... yup Shiva seems to be one heck of a fucked up server :hip
I've been seeing more clever ones, or intentionally humorous-without-being-awful ones lately, it's fun. Oh, today I saw somebody called Belle Gunness! I was really impressed and wanted to follow her but she was going too fast. :(

Personally, I named my girl after my favorite flower :hurr and a character from Our Mutual Friend. Good old Chaz and his wonderful dorky alliterative names. :fan

Last edited:

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Galley and I are making enough cotton shifts, etc. to outfit an army! Which is presumably what they are for! Go us.
Watch it... before you know it the Ul'dah army will urge you into a contract and then all their uniforms will have the Bloomerwedgies brand.

Always one of my very favorite types. :fan
Its funny since usually I couldn't harm a fly... but in movies, comics, games etc. I'm most of the timefascinated by the bad guys... probably because the stories would be so boring without them :noworry

Or its because they always get the most badass weapons/gear/attire/abilities... damn I'm so jelous of the Garleans... I just love it whenever they pull that whole "Technically Advanced Faction comes and kicks Magic Using Factions ass" theme.

Too bad you can't join them... wish it was a bit more like City of Heroes. The villains hat their own faction and city there with just as much content as the heroes :darn

Oh, Rasho, if only we were on the same server, we could do this together. :crying
What lovely memories we could make.
Maybe once they offer server switches I'll actually come over, since today I found out the EU servers are stationed in America anyway (wtf). The only problem would be the collective bitching of my buddies since they love their encapsulated german only guilds... convincing them will probably be pretty much impossible :xp

I see great mind think alike!

The resemblance would be oven more uncanny if Zoidberg wasn't a cartoon character.

Speaking of, you know what can go fuck itself? Botany, that's what. I'm liking the other crafts/what-have-yous that I'm doing, but dear God botany makes me want to violently kill myself or anyone else who's handy. And since I generally look out for number one, anybody who gets in reach of my scythe better watch it. I'm about to go insane from boredom. :pwnge
I hear you... mining is exactly the same and it really starts to suck once you get to 20+ since you only get like 120xp per gathering and the class needs the same xp to level like any of the combat classes... its insane.

But the leves do help a lot. Turn in 10 rocks... get a nice chunk of xp. Usually I hate those generic repeatable grindy quests, but for the tradecrafts they are perfect... and I wouldn't use them for leveling the combat classes anyway.

You don't want her to start answering to "hey, you" do you? Of course not!
I always name my little companions whether you can officially do so or not... I just can't bear the poor things going around with their generic monikers as their only handles. It's too sad. *wibble*
Today I finally became aware to the fact that the thing on her head actually isn't a horn, but a drill! She's not a Unicorn... she's a Unidrill! How awesome is that?

I'm going to call her Little Lagann from now on... since her gender isn't specified anyway I'm sure she doesn't mind that it sounds a bit masculine.

(So do you have the dreads and everything? and the guyliner?)
The beard comes pretty close and the facial features as well. The guyliner comes naturally from sleep deprivation.

I never had dreads but various stages of long hair... and I usually wear bandanas. Although currently I have the generic buzz cut like almost any other guy because long hair tends to get a bit annoying during warm weather + sports and bodywork.

Rasho the Cat Whisperer. You have a cat don't you?
Currently two... although you could probably count the whole neighborhood mine... since they are spending more time here then at home. I guess thats to be expected if I'm the only one crazy enough to keep she-cats when everyone else goes for the he-cats so that they don't have to worry about their critter suddenly multiplying.

What color is she?
One looks like stracciatella ice-cream and the other one like chocolate-caramel or something.

It's true, I forget that. I haven't even been playing a week yet! heh
Most of the people I know irl who are going to play have shied away because of all the server probs, etc, so I am lonely and also kind of waiting for them so we can goof around together. I played on a JP server for a bit, like up to lvl 10, but fairly quickly I didn't have any difficulty getting on my NA server at all. :cookiestare Despite the horror stories I heard.
Possibly this is due to the fact that my time zone is so late, my times are off from the majority of the world. :teehee
I don't get why people were going so nutts either... difficulties during MMO launches are hardly a new thing... Square did their best to keep the community informed and they didn't even charge game time for the first week.

So whats the freakin problem..? Just do something else and pretend the games launch has been postponed by a week :-_-

Too bad ADD isn't caused by bacteria... some people could really use an injection or two.

Jesus Christ...
Is there an animal welfare league in Uldah?? The Sultana's Society for the Protection of Animals??
In Ul'dah you can probably bribe yourself out of everything... but I imagine as soon as he crosses the Gridanian border and comes out of his airship he'll be shot on sight.

Presumably your favorite
There are at least two things wrong with this character...

1) Hokage is not a freakin surename... thats like if I'd call myself Obama President or Merkel Bundeskanzler. Not even Yoda would be capable of such horrid syntax.

2) And most importantly: Tsunade-Hime is not a Cat Girl with intense-blue fur...

Personally, I named my girl after my favorite flower :hurr and a character from Our Mutual Friend. Good old Chaz and his wonderful dorky alliterative names. :fan
I guess I'll have to wait for ninjabaato and his Columbogan to deduce your name from this. I'm horrible at riddles.

Whenever I do Crossword Puzzles I'm always like "Yaaaaay! solved it!" now just to combine all the key letters into the solution!

Gorzdmouhleafg??

Whats that? I never heard of this before...

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Is Realm Reborn like other mmo when you can just buy rare weapons and armor? Or is there a lot of rewarding items from loot? Because I'm thinking of getting it but if it's like other mmo then I'll change my mind

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany

No idea yet. I can say though that while leveling up the stuff that drops in dungeons is way better then anything I can craft myself or buy from npcs.

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

No idea yet. I can say though that while leveling up the stuff that drops in dungeons is way better then anything I can craft myself or buy from npcs.
Great. I find using real money to buy powerful items takes away from the game...much better finding ultimate weapons and armor and more rewarding. It's something recent RPGs lack a lot of. Will keep an eye on this one.

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh thats what you mean!

Then rest assured A Realm Reborn is nothing like this.

There is no Itemshop or pay to win at all. It follows the classic ~12$ a moth fee system. Quite frankly I'm thankful for that. I don't mind a slight monthly fee, but having to dump undefined and most of the time absurd amounts of money into a game just to get around purposely frustrating game mechanics and/or to stay competitive with high-end players is a no-go for me as well and I hate that its becoming so popular nowdays.

Last edited:

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit....

I've been lost in FF land so long I'm missing everything!

So, where should I start...

Took me fucking 3 days to beat Haukke manor. Everyone's decided they'd rather train a whole group of mobs trying to run to each treasure chest before dropping out of the party rather than actually help. And for whatever reason, my monk kept getting dropped into parties with one healer and two other dps. NO TANK.

As for my character, Roan Everette... he's the character I use in most of my rp forums :3 Roan came from Rowen, the blue Ronin Warrior (remember that old anime? It's the reason I'm an anime fan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7taponHxG0 The one at the end. The OTHER blue one, lol. Strata, not Torrent.

Though I don't really know why I didn't make my guy an archer if he's supposed to be the rebirth of Rowen...

Also if you replace the Y in my IRL name with an O... you get Roan. Everette was just something I threw in off the top of my head *shrugs*

And yeah. It's hard to make a black guy with the character creator without him looking like a super dark skinned white guy. Like... an indian or something, lol. But that's why I gave him the skinned fade and dark skin... and made him shorter than average. He's me, essentially.

Just need to find a way to give him some glasses and he'll be right. Too bad there isn't a crotch slider like on Saints Row to make his testicular fortitude match mine... kukuku.

Side-note: I JUST now know learned how to do limit breaks. And now I'm gonna go Limit Break all oer Titan's face.

Last edited:

LnDRash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, thanks to a bit of arguing from my side and the help of goldb we got our thread back... yay! Thanks a lot goldb! I was thinking about sending you another PM, but then I figured you mods get more then enough mail anyway ;)

Took me fucking 3 days to beat Haukke manor. Everyone's decided they'd rather train a whole group of mobs trying to run to each treasure chest before dropping out of the party rather than actually help. And for whatever reason, my monk kept getting dropped into parties with one healer and two other dps. NO TANK.
Haha, that sounds familiar. Had to try the Sunken Temple three times until I finally got a group that was able to get us through. The good thing about being a healer or tank is that you can compensate for a lot of your groups shortcomings by working at 200%.

For that reason I'm also leveling up a Thaumaturge to 26 right now... I just need that Instant-Cast for my Raise. People just love dying on me due to stupid shit that isn't healable like briefly pulling aggro from a boss while I'm healing up the tank, getting a fist to their face that takes away 90% hp and then they panic and try to run away straight through the red zone on the ground.

One could argue "fuck that, its not your fault when they're stupid" but indirectly their failure also effects me, since I can't smack the boss to death with my Conjurer-Cane.

Speaking of the devil... that third Temple run was actually quite hilarious. Got a tank that vehemently insisted to know who's new to the dungeon and he refused to start before the guilty one steps forward. Since I already did that dungeon 2 times but timed out at the final boss due to the tanks going AFK for ~30 minutes at the center of the dungeon I wasn't aware I'm the new one, and neither did it matter since I knew all fights anyway.

Somehow they found out however and since I love being sarcastic and to exaggerate I answered "Don't worry guys, I already failed like 20 times in here, so its hardly like I'm new!"

That tank however took that totally seriously and was kind of like "Ohhhhhh boy... we got ourselves the shittiest healer ever......"

Basically he was lecturing and instructing me during every single pack of mobs we pulled... like "Don't spam heal so much you build up too much aggro" or "Keep my HP full all the time if I get a crit I might die otherwise". Thats not where it ends though... because obviously I had to be the one to blame whenever something went wrong xD

For example we wiped during the first boss fight because the tank got an instant kill debuff he failed to cleanse by going to a special platform which serves that purpose. Instead of realizing his mistake he was like "OMFG NO HEAL???? Thats so sad.... I never wiped at this boss before...."

Well, since I'm not easy to get upset about such things I decided to amuse myself and I basically pulled a Hinata on him... like totally intimidated, shy and submissive. "S... sorry... I... I'll try harder next time!" (yes, I was typing the stuttering and he still didn't get suspicious... lmao)

So... then at some point our archer got himself effectively instant killed (the boss aggro + red zone combo I mentioned earlier) and thats when mister tank got really angry at me. He even managed to ignore the fact that I somehow picked up the archer mid-fight with a 10 seconds raise while keeping everyone else alive... which wasn't easy mind you!

"OMFG WHY DON'T YOU HEAL HIM YOU IDIOT??? WHAt ARE YOU??? A 10 YEARS OLD GIRL????"

To which I answered: "11..."

Lmao... all of a sudden you could notice how bad he feels. He was getting all defensive and apologetic and tried to explain why he got so angry and that I shouldn't be playing such games because I'm too young and that I should stick with something easier like Hello Kitty Online until I'm in my late teens, since at my age I simply lack the reflexes and coordination to play with adults and blablablabla.

A bit later we downed the final boss and I was like "Hey mister tank... I have a confession to make... I'm not really a 11 years old girl... I'm a 28 years old guy. I was just having fun bullshitting you all the time... and whenever something went wrong and we wiped, it was actually your fault, not mine, so maybe you should be the one playing Hello Kitty! No offense though, hope you're cool with that!"

Of course he wasn't cool with that... lmao! He got so outrageously mad... it was priceless! If I was an asshole I could have send half of the stuff I got to hear from him to a GM and gotten him banned in a heartbeat :lmao

I swear, these games wouldn't be even half as fun without all those people playing them :derp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7taponHxG0 The one at the end. The OTHER blue one, lol. Strata, not Torrent.
Looks like a less ridiculous version of Power Rangers. I love how the art style immediately gives away the era when this was airing. Too bad here in europe we are so slow on the uptake. Anime basically started for me with DBZ during the early 2000's.

But then again... growing up with Biker Mice from Mars also wasn't too shabby. Modo is probably the reason were my fetish for weapon mounted cybernetic limbs comes from.

Though I don't really know why I didn't make my guy an archer if he's supposed to be the rebirth of Rowen...
Probably because Pugilists/Monks have those kickass fighting animations. I just love how those guys are constantly skipping... like they're taken straight out of Tekken!

Besides... just roll an Archer later!

And yeah. It's hard to make a black guy with the character creator without him looking like a super dark skinned white guy. Like... an indian or something, lol. But that's why I gave him the skinned fade and dark skin... and made him shorter than average. He's me, essentially.
Now I suddenly get were that hate for Killer Bee comes from... :teehee

Just need to find a way to give him some glasses and he'll be right. Too bad there isn't a crotch slider like on Saints Row to make his testicular fortitude match mine... kukuku.
And now for some strange reason that understanding slightly ceases again:hmm

Side-note: I JUST now know learned how to do limit breaks. And now I'm gonna go Limit Break all oer Titan's face.
I just fucking hate that guy. I don't get what Square was thinking when they put the EU servers oversea lmao. I thought my internet connection was shitty or something, until I found out this is a problem that haunts all EU players.

You NA's have like 60000 years to run out of those red circles while EU players basically get hit no matter where they stand unless they were already moving when that attack got initiated (ok slightly exaggerated but it comes close).

I'll never be able to play a tank in this game... urgh!

Last edited: