Shounen - Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think FF is related to Soul Eater. It's a fun theory and I liked it at first but it doesn't really hold up in the long run.
I originally thought they were unconnected. Until the chapter focusing on the past and we see what a cataclysm can do. We just saw how the last one turned our regular planet into their world. An the physical changes that came with it. The cataclysm could easily leave them with the SE world as the final project.

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This mangaka is something else. I am straight up envious of their ability to create such fascinating and stand out characters. If I were to teach a class on characters and development, they would certainly be a reference point.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This mangaka is something else. I am straight up envious of their ability to create such fascinating and stand out characters. If I were to teach a class on characters and development, they would certainly be a reference point.
Have you read Soul Eater?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you read Soul Eater?
Of course. And I enjoyed it. But this one feels a bit different. I may need to reread Soul Eater, but the character work here feels a bit stronger.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m sorry, every passing chapter convinced me further this will end up some Soul Eater pre-verse, the references are out of control lol.

seriously, fan stuff aside, this has been brilliantly executed. That’s how you pay off hype!!!

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I’m sorry, every passing chapter convinced me further this will end up some Soul Eater pre-verse, the references are out of control lol.
Like ?

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The timeline just doesn't work. Soul Eaters history is like an alternative version to our world, where real places and real events exist and took place, just with Soul Eater characters placed into that world.

The best example is Excalibur. He's existed for at least 800 years and fought in old historical wars.

Soul Eater should be taking place sometime in the 1900s-2000s. Soul Eater also has all it's continents intact with all the original names.

In Fire Force, the cataclysm didn't cause history to change. It just changed the state of the world itself into a cartoon and gave people super powers. The timeline is post present times based on the Sumire flashback and most continents were wiped off the map.

This doesn't even account for the power systems being fundamentally different to each other.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Raw 273

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
The timeline just doesn't work. Soul Eaters history is like an alternative version to our world, where real places and real events exist and took place, just with Soul Eater characters placed into that world.

The best example is Excalibur. He's existed for at least 800 years and fought in old historical wars.

Soul Eater should be taking place sometime in the 1900s-2000s. Soul Eater also has all it's continents intact with all the original names.

In Fire Force, the cataclysm didn't cause history to change. It just changed the state of the world itself into a cartoon and gave people super powers. The timeline is post present times based on the Sumire flashback and most continents were wiped off the map.

This doesn't even account for the power systems being fundamentally different to each other.
That world really existed. An it would be nothin for the hope changing the cataclysm to fix the world. 200 years as a modern dark age isn’t that big a deal honestly. It’s nothing to explain those minor details away as it finishes. 🤷🏾

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Caught up with the recent chapters.

Arthur vs. Dragon: Chef's Kiss

Tamaki vs. Assault Doppelgänger: Talk about a great payoff to the Lucky Lecher and that meta chapter, pure genius :lmao . Tamaki entered the convo for best girl and my boi Juggernaut with the score.

Beni vs. Beni: :-_- Really disappointed, as I was expecting explosive fireworks and been anticipating this since the fight with his master. Oh well, Beni is that DUDE.

On to Haumea hype, her eyes:

MavisPurrillion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Damnnn the latest chapter was really a punch in the gut. Just say how fcked the world is…

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chapter 295 RAWS
I originally thought they were unconnected. Until the chapter focusing on the past and we see what a cataclysm can do. We just saw how the last one turned our regular planet into their world. An the physical changes that came with it. The cataclysm could easily leave them with the SE world as the final project.
I completely forgot we had this discussion lol. Well, it became far too apparent that it was really happening when Excalibur started talking a few chapters ago. I was a FOOL! to doubt Ohkubo.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 295 RAWS

I completely forgot we had this discussion lol. Well, it became far too apparent that it was really happening when Excalibur started talking a few chapters ago. I was a FOOL! to doubt Ohkubo.
I was still surprised by that soul resonance lol

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter 295 RAWS

I continue to be doubtful of this.